Jake Garcia

I would not be. Im done overrating our players. Gattis is a bum but the players made mad mistakes too. They look lost reading defenses at times
Can you tell me whose job it is to teach them how to do those things? I thought that's why coaches were paid so much, but I guess it's on the players to figure it out on their own.

Advertisement
He was pushing PVD with a decent OC , so if we get a good to decent OC back in the house I would love for him to stay!!!

Advertisement
Didn't see an appropriate thread for this.

I take back what I said.. I'd like him to stay and see what he looks like in a competent offense.

He seemed to light it up when we decided to just air it out and let him rip it. He made some mistakes but it's hard to play prefect ball when you're constantly being brought into terrible situations and asked to do things that are completely unnatural and counter to your giftings.

Jake, please stay! He can thrive with the right OC and system.
Jake is known for throwing bad ints either in games or practice BUT the kid is talented, fights and cares. Dude was pushing RBs from behind trying to get first downs.

Our OC sucks and I’d love to see him in a friendlier offense

I take back what I said.. I'd like him to stay and see what he looks like in a competent offense.

He seemed to light it up when we decided to just air it out and let him rip it. He made some mistakes but it's hard to play prefect ball when you're constantly being brought into terrible situations and asked to do things that are completely unnatural and counter to your giftings.

Jake, please stay! He can thrive with the right OC and system
Don’t forget, being 3rd string, he did not get the necessary reps in practice. This was harped on right after TVD got hurt earlier in the season, and Garcia was thrust into action, with a miserable performance. This is all on the coaches, not Garcia’s fault.

Advertisement
We were getting smashed the defense went to straight mush and keep everything in front. When they were still trying it was sack and smack city. Not saying it's him but he didn't look impressive at all at any point in the game. Not going to let my Fandom fool me into thinking he looked great down 6 scores when the other team clearly just wanted it to be over

Jake will transfer to a school whose football program is not a total train wreck.

He will win 2 Heismans and a national championship.
Season 10 Hate GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Advertisement
What gets me is to see these other teams with Freshman/Sophomore QBs playing successfully. Better QB evals than we've done or flat out better development by coaches? Both?

Jake, please stay! He can thrive with the right OC and system.
dream wants GIF by SoulPancake

Advertisement
Don’t forget, being 3rd string, he did not get the necessary reps in practice. This was harped on right after TVD got hurt earlier in the season, and Garcia was thrust into action, with a miserable performance. This is all on the coaches, not Garcia’s fault.
In all fairness to Garcia, the WRs still can't get open and his OL is one of the worst in UM history.

The fact that he didn't throw a pick, completed 60% of his passes and looked good in the 4th Q when he played well against a similary talented Pitt 2nd team is good sign of what he can do with more help.

Gattis' offense was doomed to fail with the OL the Canes have and I can't wait for him to be shown the door. That being said, you can bring back Rhett Lashlee, bring in Art Briles, Andy Reid, or dig up Bill Walsh, I just don't see this offense being anything other than serviceable until they massively upgrade the talent level on OL, RB, WR, and even QB (should TVD leave).

Gattis' offense was doomed to fail with the OL the Canes have and I can't wait for him to be shown the door. That being said, you can bring back Rhett Lashlee, bring in Art Briles, Andy Reid, or dig up Bill Walsh, I just don't see this offense being anything other than serviceable until they massively upgrade the talent level on OL, RB, WR, and even QB (should TVD leave).
Jake played with several 2nd and 3rd stringers on the OL last night and didn't flinch under constant pressure. I think he proved himself.

Unfortunately, for Miami I think he hits the portal, unless Mario fires Gattis right away.

Advertisement
Back