Jake Garcia

Yoyo82

Recruit
Premium
Didn't see an appropriate thread for this.

I take back what I said.. I'd like him to stay and see what he looks like in a competent offense.

He seemed to light it up when we decided to just air it out and let him rip it. He made some mistakes but it's hard to play prefect ball when you're constantly being brought into terrible situations and asked to do things that are completely unnatural and counter to your giftings.

Jake, please stay! He can thrive with the right OC and system.

Advertisement
I Dont Think So No Way GIF

At first i was down on the QBs. For me, the fact that all the QBs looked lost at some point, thats on Gattis for me. I dont care about man running open. Are the coaching the QBs up to know what to read and whats their progression, i dont see it. Either way, we need a portal QB. I would not be comfortable with just these guys

Advertisement
There are probably a fair amount of offensive players that will transfer and be productive somewhere else. He's looked really bad at times and sometimes gives me "Kyle-Wright-in-the-pocket-moments" but I'm with you. I'm not willing to give up on any offensive player that had to play under Gattis.

I’m guessing either TVD or Garcia, or both will bounce. Mario should’ve fired Gattis at the post game presser to show those 2 that he’s serious about hiring a competent coordinator and serious about developing them.

I don't either.

My only hope is that he blames Gattis for everything that happened this year and he loves Miami and his multi year NIL deal so much he's willing to stay and give Mario and a new OC another chance.
He might not have a say so in the matter... If Mario wants to purge everything then Jake might be "Encouraged" to go.... Me personally don't think he's worth keeping... Sure he looked better later in the game but Pitt was way ahead and not pressuring anywhere near as hard as they were earlier.... Jake hasn't proven he can react under pressure yet...
With that said I don't blame Jake for the issues with the Offense and the line itself... They sure didn't help his cause but he does share blame...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Where is Garcia going to go? I think, if anything, he was found out to be what he is. Someone who doesn't have great feel for the game, needs to be in an extremely clean pocket with 5 seconds to throw the ball to be successful. The last two traits of my observation are usually very hard for a QB to overcome.

I’m guessing either TVD or Garcia, or both will bounce. Mario should’ve fired Gattis at the post game presser to show those 2 that he’s serious about hiring a competent coordinator and serious about developing them.
I agree that at best one of TVD and Garcia stay, but that it’s just as likely that both are gone. You’d have to hit an absolute grand slam on the OC hire (and real soon) to have any hope at keeping both.

If history tells us anything, Jake (and his dad) will likely find a new destination. That said, assuming TVD returns, he's likely at the same place here that he'll be anywhere else-fighting for a starting job come 2024 (unless he thinks there is somewhere else he can go where he can start immediately).

Advertisement
At first i was down on the QBs. For me, the fact that all the QBs looked lost at some point, thats on Gattis for me. I dont care about man running open. Are the coaching the QBs up to know what to read and whats their progression, i dont see it. Either way, we need a portal QB. I would not be comfortable with just these guys
If all the QBs look lost, that is on the QB coach. Get our guys a better QB coach that can teach them something. Gattis is gone by default but we need a better QB coach.

Advertisement
Where is Garcia going to go? I think, if anything, he was found out to be what he is. Someone who doesn't have great feel for the game, needs to be in an extremely clean pocket with 5 seconds to throw the ball to be successful. The last two traits of my observation are usually very hard for a QB to overcome.
Garbage OC, horrible scheme, and all of a sudden ALL of the QB's regressed. Nobody can really evaluate the QB's potential based on the total lack of development and lack of scheming plays to roster strength that we have witnessed under Gattis.

Hill the #1 WR in the NFL undisputed.

I’m glad this popped up , I just don’t have much in me left to share on Canes right now to exhausting the situation plus I really don’t think many at all here are interested in my input any .
At least we have Mike McDaniel.

I would be 100% fine with these QBs, with a real OC.

Advertisement
Back