Jake Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
That’s the one. Marsh Thomas can go support the Gators for giving that vermin and snake a second of breath and publicity. Both of them can sit on a splintered broom.
Presumably, a podcaster would want to understand - and grow- his possible audience. This ain't gonna do it.

People on social media are going to ruin this, aren’t they?
There's not much to be ruined, it isn't a secret that we're trying to flip Garcia, there's literally been a hashtag started by current Miami commits that's actively recruiting him to come to Miami.

We been trying to get Garcia for months now, it's not like it's unknown, it'll simply come down to if he wants a chance to compete early at Miami or sit on the bench for almost 2 years at USC, it's a really simple decision.

Advertisement
There's not much to be ruined, it isn't a secret that we're trying to flip Garcia, there's literally been a hashtag started by current Miami commits that's actively recruiting him to come to Miami.

We been trying to get Garcia for months now, it's not like it's unknown, it'll simply come down to if he wants a chance to compete early at Miami or sit on the bench for almost 2 years at USC, it's a really simple decision.

True but Miami might have a crowded room too. If the practice reports are accurate, Martell somehow rediscovered how to throw a football. His style is more similar to D'Eriq King than the other QBs. If King puts up Heisman numbers, maybe Lashlee will lean towards the DT QB the following year. Garcia could take a RS in 2021 though so becomes a 2 man competition. Martell will be trying for his "Joe Burrow" miracle season since it his last shot at football, and TVD will be trying to lock in the position for the next couple of years.

True but Miami might have a crowded room too. If the practice reports are accurate, Martell somehow rediscovered how to throw a football. His style is more similar to D'Eriq King than the other QBs. If King puts up Heisman numbers, maybe Lashlee will lean towards the DT QB the following year. Garcia could take a RS in 2021 though so becomes a 2 man competition. Martell will be trying for his "Joe Burrow" miracle season since it his last shot at football, and TVD will be trying to lock in the position for the next couple of years.
I'm about fairly certain Martell will not take a single snap as a starting QB ever at Miami.

Garcia's competition will be TVD & maybe Perry. And I'm not even that crazy about Garcia as a prospect but I can almost guarantee you that Tate will be the LEAST of his worries.

From the USF insider who put in the CB:

“My Crystal Ball pick is from the same source that told me Garcia was going to transfer to Valdosta right before that news dropped a few weeks ago. That source is close to Garcia’s recruitment and has told me that Garcia hasn’t felt as comfortable as he does now with Miami due to proximity. It obviously would have been more difficult for him to take a visit to Miami while in California, considering the travel climate right now. Since he has been at Valdosta, his relationship with Miami Offensive Coordinator Rhett Lashlee has taken off and Lashlee’s ties with new Valdosta head coach Rush Propst has helped the situation.

Garcia’s family in Valdosta is pushing for Miami, according to this source. USC taking Meter Dei’s Miller Moss on June 1st didn’t help the situation, considering that Garcia wants to be the main guy moving forward. Source says that Garcia enjoys being closer to Miami because it’ll be much closer to take a visit. I have multiple sources telling me this as of last night. No timeline on the flip just yet, but I am confident it will happen”
Dang! That insider from USF doesn’t sound like he’s ******* around here, he sounds pretty serious. This is exciting news, this kids the real deal and pray we get him.

My opinion is you take a QB every cycle. If they transfer out then so be it. You have to create constant competition in that position.

You never know who might get injured or might emerge and take the reins. Kedon Slovis is a perfect example

Advertisement
I'm about fairly certain Martell will not take a single snap as a starting QB ever at Miami.

Garcia's competition will be TVD & maybe Perry. And I'm not even that crazy about Garcia as a prospect but I can almost guarantee you that Tate will be the LEAST of his worries.
I’m liking TVD’s potential and Perry in this type of offense. Perry could learn a lot from king and turn it into a big senior season.

If you’re referring to me, there’s no frustration directed at anyone. I’ve said I appreciate and will follow the info brought to the board. But I’m just not going to buy into the hype that we’ll get someone. I’ll save the excitement for when it actually happens.
It's like no matter how many times you blatantly and clearly explain it they just can't seem to grasp

Advertisement
Why cant you guys just understand marshall and that hova guy played UM? It happens, and speak to the character of the young man. You guys want inside info, kid tells coaches he is coming, info passed along, ends up kid lies and purposely deceived our coaches. I think you are putting your frustration on the wrong people here
Because that's not what happened, a giant bag was dropped. However, this is even less on the coaches than if what you said actually happened.

Having said that, Rumph still isn't good at recruiting.

Just curious, where did you see reports that Martell is doing well in practice? Still rooting for him, but haven’t seen a single good thing about him.

I think TVD and Garcia are about equal in talent. Will be a good competition. Different strengths. Garcia has great accuracy. TVD isn't quite as accurate but has an arm cannon.
I’ll take accuracy over arm strength any day of the week especially in college game. Accuracy in the college game wins. Joe burrow didn’t have a cannon but my god were his passes perfectly placed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back