Jake Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why even bother bringing him up. Might as well say "I would rather sign Caleb Williams" lol

Other team sites (not Canes) said Miami and Stone have recently been in contact. Yes Stones dad is a big booster. Doesn't mean he is enamored with the switch to a traditional Air Raid and Riley's kid brother calling plays for the 1st time.

Advertisement
Other team sites (not Canes) said Miami and Stone have recently been in contact. Yes Stones dad is a big booster. Doesn't mean he is enamored with the switch to a traditional Air Raid and Riley's kid brother calling plays for the 1st time.
This came out on other sites? In that case no harm in me now saying that's the QB I was referencing when I mentioned we were talking to a QB we would lose our minds over.

And I followed up by asking why one of the Stone brothers was allowed to play at UVA.

This came out on other sites? In that case no harm in me now saying that's the QB I was referencing when I mentioned we were talking to a QB we would lose our minds over.

And I followed up by asking why one of the Stone brothers was allowed to play at UVA.

Yeah I had guessed that a while back. I think someone on the FSU or UF site mentioned it a few days ago.

Yeah I had guessed that a while back. I think someone on the FSU or UF site mentioned it a few days ago.
Yea if I recall you were one of the ones in that thread that guessed it right.

Anyway, to me Stone is like a bigger Manziel. What a play maker.

Advertisement

Im pretty sure the Gator kid was reading our site...thats where the info came from.

Im pretty sure the Gator kid was reading our site...thats where the info came from.

Maybe. I don't read the gator sites. Someone here said they saw it there. Maybe those guys got it from here and it's one big circle jerk. In any case, it would be ridiculous to think Lashlee- who recruited Stone and by all accounts had a great relationship with the kid- hasn't had a friendly chat or two with Stone since leaving SMU. Does that mean Stone is interested in Miami right now? No. But if SMU struggles offensively (and I think they will be significantly worse without Lashlee) and King puts up Heisman numbers (I believe he will), then Stone will be much more interested in what Miami offers. I doubt his dad would want his son to play in a ****ty offense in a non P5 conference and blow his chances at being a top draft pick just because he donates a lot to the school. The problem though is whether we will have a spot left in a few months given the caliber of other players supposedly wanting in.

I don't see Garcia flipping to us either. I think the handwriting has been on the wall. Maybe in a year if he loses that competition for the backup.

If he is really going to enroll early, that will be interesting. USC had a very small class last cycle - I think only 15-16 guys-. They didn't have the room to take more under the 85 cap. Maybe something opened up. Pretty sure I read that Miller Moss had the credits to do that, too, if he wanted to. Garcia probably looking to get the jump on that competition.

Advertisement

Yep would definitely lose my mind

IIRC, @Liberty City El said that Stone from UVA isn't related.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ivins posted this morning he hasn’t heard this information from Garcia. Going to be a fun day!
I have never really believed Garcia was going to flip, but it is noteworthy that two of the ITU guys steadfastly maintain that he’s coming to Miami.

They will probably be wrong but it suggests they at least know something or have some kind of a connection.

Ivins posted this morning he hasn’t heard this information from Garcia. Going to be a fun day!
He also tracked the quote to an LA Times article. Seems like the issue is whether a kid like Garcia would choose not to EE in order to play spring HS ball, and he said he wouldn’t. I don’t see how that changes anything, but maybe I’m wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back