Jake Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
He seemed to have a long memory of the hit that knocked him out of the Clemson game. He played as if he never trusted the OL after that.
He didn't. But can you blame him? Many oc as he played for and the defense designed to let him down. Why would he trust anything. He was shell shocked from jump. Would've liked to see Brad play after some time on the bench developing under a real oc or qb coach. I think he could've been pretty good. He got David carrd

He didn't. But can you blame him? Many oc as he played for and the defense designed to let him down. Why would he trust anything. He was shell shocked from jump. Would've liked to see Brad play after some time on the bench developing under a real oc or qb coach. I think he could've been pretty good. He got David carrd
out the gate against Louisville.

I also feel he played the second half in 16 with a concussion. Matthew Thomas knocked the **** outta him. We had the Walton TD called back and then we got Richt only calling inside draws 🤦🏾‍♂️

jimbo took richt behind the shed in the second half.
People aren't realistic when it comes to the deficiencys of our squads. We hype up strengths and downplay weakness. That oline and the one with Malik we're basically turnstiles. He called the game the way he had to because our offense never had any time for a play to develop. That's pretty close to what lashlee uses to set tempo instead. What right tried doing the next year was rolling out Malik and moving the pocket. Only worked to an extent. Cmr could've been a **** of a lot more expansive with play calling. But if it leads to a sack,strip fumble,concussion on a regular what's the good in it. He relied almost completely on gaurds.

People aren't realistic when it comes to the deficiencys of our squads. We hype up strengths and downplay weakness. That oline and the one with Malik we're basically turnstiles. He called the game the way he had to because our offense never had any time for a play to develop. That's pretty close to what lashlee uses to set tempo instead. What right tried doing the next year was rolling out Malik and moving the pocket. Only worked to an extent. Cmr could've been a **** of a lot more expansive with play calling. But if it leads to a sack,strip fumble,concussion on a regular what's the good in it. He relied almost completely on gaurds.
that 10 straight with Malik was pure magic. He kept is so simple and got so much outta that squad, wow.

Advertisement
that 10 straight with Malik was pure magic. He kept is so simple and got so much outta that squad, wow.
For the most part gotta agree. If that transfer rule was set up the same way at the time I would've liked to see cmr and how he would've handled the oline. He understood the value of line play. Him and a mercenary approach would've been amusing. Sad to say that's the last year he mentally resembled the same dude in my eyes. He just seems confused most of the time now.

I think the ideal state Brad was the one we saw in the bowel game against WVU.

Not to beat a dead horse, but his inefficiency often led to us being down quite a bit. We would have one scripted drive that looked good, then the rest of the half we sucked. Often happened with the second half first drive as well.

Our defense was also better the second half of games. That could be because of a lot of things, teams playing cautiously, fitness, adjustments, etc. What it did for our offense was make it try and play catchup. That usually helps whoever the QB is in the stat department. Kaaya certainly benefitted from this. Add in the defense playing prevent essentially, less aggressive, more stats come your way.

Advertisement
Not to beat a dead horse, but his inefficiency often led to us being down quite a bit. We would have one scripted drive that looked good, then the rest of the half we sucked. Often happened with the second half first drive as well.

Our defense was also better the second half of games. That could be because of a lot of things, teams playing cautiously, fitness, adjustments, etc. What it did for our offense was make it try and play catchup. That usually helps whoever the QB is in the stat department. Kaaya certainly benefitted from this. Add in the defense playing prevent essentially, less aggressive, more stats come your way.
U know the game brother. How obvious was it to even not have seen firsthand? His efficiency was because the coordinator on both sides of the ball was a joke. Never once had the ability to make adjustments based upon what the defense was doing. We practiced nothing but 2 scripted drives all week regardless of what the defense was gonna do. It was plain as day that we were gonna come out first two drives with exactly what we practiced and then just go on the fly from there. Honestly it was a miracle that we didn't just always get gunsmoked if we didn't score those first two drives. Defense playing prevent essentially always kept us in the whole and put unrealistic pressure on the rest of the team.

I honestly don't understand the unwarranted hate for Kaaya from this dyck sucking fanbase. He had James Coley, who just proved to you this past yr that even with 5 star talent he's still one of the worst OCs in all of CFB, and then Pastor Richt who not only exhibited the early onset of dementia, but was running the Air Methuselah Offense. Couple that with the fact that he was playing behind one of the worst Defenses in MIA football program history for 2 out of his 3 yrs. What kind of results do you expect you fawking morons?? Imagine if he had NFL caliber Offensive minds like Chudzinski, Whipple, or Fisch. **** even Enox would've helped deliver better results than Coley & The Pastor. It's absolutely retarded & absurd to put losses squarely on his shoulders because the true reason for why we lost was never that simple. Period

Last edited:
Advertisement
U know the game brother. How obvious was it to even not have seen firsthand? His efficiency was because the coordinator on both sides of the ball was a joke. Never once had the ability to make adjustments based upon what the defense was doing. We practiced nothing but 2 scripted drives all week regardless of what the defense was gonna do. It was plain as day that we were gonna come out first two drives with exactly what we practiced and then just go on the fly from there. Honestly it was a miracle that we didn't just always get gunsmoked if we didn't score those first two drives. Defense playing prevent essentially always kept us in the whole and put unrealistic pressure on the rest of the team.

No question he was hamstrung by his OC. I always saw it that way, but I always also said, BK limited what an OC'er could do as he needed an absolutely clean pocket. Anything less, his two left feet having immobile self (I'm not asking him to be Vick here) would half the time sack himself. His feet were so slow and he looked grossly uncoordinated anytime he even had to move the pocket. I always thought in my head this guy needs to take dance lessons from every available second he wasn't on the field. I'm halfway joking, no clue if it would've helped or not, but I've never seen a QB move as poorly as he did.

Can we just start a ******* Brad Kayya thread so I don't have to read thru pages of this female back & forth when I want to see if there is an actual update on the guy whom this thread is named. Jeeeez
A subject cannot be discussed ad nauseam if said subject is actually in thread title.

Last edited:
Jake Garcia ain’t coming to UM so it doesnt matter lol
So your position is, if whoever an open thread is about only has to stay on topic if there is certainty that person will end up at the U?? This is absolutely the least intelligent thing I've heard all week, but hey, the week is young and you did mention Jake Garcia, so we have that.

Advertisement
No question he was hamstrung by his OC. I always saw it that way, but I always also said, BK limited what an OC'er could do as he needed an absolutely clean pocket. Anything less, his two left feet having immobile self (I'm not asking him to be Vick here) would half the time sack himself. His feet were so slow and he looked grossly uncoordinated anytime he even had to move the pocket. I always thought in my head this guy needs to take dance lessons from every available second he wasn't on the field. I'm halfway joking, no clue if it would've helped or not, but I've never seen a QB move as poorly as he did.
Agreed on his footwork. Dance classes actually really would've helped. But the reason his pocket awareness was such a joke is because he was ALWAYS expecting to be blindsided. You ever seen chaminade the high school he came from. Especially at that time what they were playing? Not many schools in Cali in general really get after it on d but in that division it was like playing ivy league. BAR MILO WAS CONSIDERED A STUD THERE! He was overwhelmed by the fact on any given down he could get his head tore off. Never got that out of his head. I used to have that talk with his mother & old boy on a regular. She finally admitted to me a few months back at her restraunt I was 100% right. Alfraud ****ed that kid by not sitting him initially. ****ed him and ****ed the team. Lost most of them right off rip cause no one agreed. Quan told me first time he lined up across from him (knowing he couldn't hit him)kaaya after the snap was so focused on him that he couldn't see the play develop. Remember coley was oc and qb coach initially(If I remember right) we keep putting people as qb coach up until Enos who flat out had no business at the spot. Wouldn't it be crazy if we actually had someone who knows qb play and development. That's be wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back