Rumor Jake Garcia to Nebraska

It's bumper to bumper during Nebraska rush hour...

1639081325864.png

Advertisement
Does anyone know if the NCAA has extended it's transfer exemption from last year? As far as I know, non-grad transfers will have to go back to sitting out a season again. That immediate eligibility exemption was supposed to only be for last season. As far as I know, if Jake Garcia, or any player who is yet to graduate wants to transfer to another FBS program, he would have to sit out for a year.
Prior to COVID, many players were able to get the automatic sit-out waived if their prior HC left the program.

Said it before and I’ll saying it again… even people in the Midwest make fun of Nebraska. Nobody with their head on right would want to go there

Advertisement
Anyone who can’t sit for 1 year behind a future NFL pick and be ready to play as a sophomore has serious maturity issues which will likely impact that person’s ability to be successful with anything in life.
Success requires hard work and often patience until an opportunity becomes available.

Pfft. I mean, Whipple was decent with our QBs, but his offense is probably not going to win many Big10 games…

Advertisement
Does anyone know if the NCAA has extended it's transfer exemption from last year? As far as I know, non-grad transfers will have to go back to sitting out a season again. That immediate eligibility exemption was supposed to only be for last season. As far as I know, if Jake Garcia, or any player who is yet to graduate wants to transfer to another FBS program, he would have to sit out for a year.
Don’t believe so. I think they removed the sit-out requirement permanently. All time stupid move, especially with the NIL ****.

Don’t believe so. I think they removed the sit-out requirement permanently. All time stupid move, especially with the NIL ****.
According to the NCAA website, players still have to sit out unless granted a waiver from the NCAA similar to Tate Martell.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who cares?

Have yall seen the Portal?

There’s gonna be great QB’s in the Portal every single year...

Bailey Zappe who was unrated 0-star QB coming out of HS, just came from a FCS program & lead the Nation in passing yards & TD’s. You can take a FCS kid & pair him with an Air Raid coordinator & manufacture productivity.

The QB market will always be bountiful because of the Portal, as long as you have a viable OC/QB evaluator you can pretty much replace any QB you lose.
Think Drones leaves Baylor?

That's for 2021-22 enrollment. ie: this current season. It says student athletes need to provide their current school with a written request to enter the NCAA transfer portal by July 1, 2021.

I'm not positive but I haven't seen anywhere that says the NCAA has extended the one time transfer beyond this year.

Regardless, Garcia would likely get a waiver to play immediately anyway since his head coach and offensive coordinator both left his school.

That's for 2021-22 enrollment. ie: this current season. It says student athletes need to provide their current school with a written request to enter the NCAA transfer portal by July 1, 2021.

I'm not positive but I haven't seen anywhere that says the NCAA has extended the one time transfer beyond this year.

Regardless, Garcia would likely get a waiver to play immediately anyway since his head coach and offensive coordinator both left his school.
@DMoney can you opine here? Everyone I’ve talked to believes this is permanent.

Advertisement
Back