Jake Garcia gets a visit from Lashlee

It would make for a formidable opponent week in and week out. The only difference being we open with Bama next year and then have what, Clemson and A&M in ‘22? That has the makings of a daunting schedule coming up as we try to continue what I believe shall be the success from The 2020 season. My only concern here being all the youth served.
Need to win double digit games in 2020. As you said- Bama in 2021, Clemson and A&M in 2022. Need to capitalize on this weak schedule.

Advertisement
Manny Diaz
Blake Baker worries me as well.. Cant just win with pure talent. It isn’t that simple/easy. Need to have good coaches. Ed Orgeron is a good example of just an okay head coach (in my opinion) who surrounded himself with the best assistants/recruiters. I like the Lashlee hire by Manny a lot. Still concerned however about Baker (and the other defensive coaches). If our defense is anything like last year, these defensive coaches need to go. Manny thinks the defense is perfect and there aren’t any issues. I’m good with the ‘16, ‘17 and ‘18 defenses. ‘19 wasn’t at that level. Being too loyal to your friends will get you fired in this business.

This team is being assembled to make a serious ACCC run NOW .
I really don’t see a 5th place finish here , we’re going to be in it from game one .

I’d put that 5th place projection on the black board.

Question: Does anyone here see a 5th place team here taking getting off the bus this year in Miami close to the bottom of the ACC ?

GOCANES

Advertisement
People under estimate TVD. Maybe it’s because he’s from CT and was recruited by Enos? He is actually the only good thing I will say about Enos. He brought us a legit qb.
VanDyke has a lot of arm talent and will have a year in the system. Think it will be a perry and TVD battle for the starting job after King.

Need to win double digit games in 2020. As you said- Bama in 2021, Clemson and A&M in 2022. Need to capitalize on this weak schedule.
Agreed. And do so in convincing fashion as well. We get out of the gate hot, and the offense is clicking; watch those last 8 spots shore up with the quickness, including Garcia.

This team is being assembled to make a serious ACCC run NOW .
I really don’t see a 5th place finish here , we’re going to be in it from game one .

I’d put that 5th place projection on the black board.

Question: Does anyone here see a 5th place team here taking getting off the bus this year in Miami close to the bottom of the ACC ?

GOCANES
I find the 5th place projected finish to be comical at best, especially after securing the talent we’ve amassed this off-season. That’s ok, let them low ball us, to your point make it pin-up material. Let the entire team see how the media feels about their choke job seasons in ‘18 and ‘19. If that doesn’t motivate them I can’t think of anything that will

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
let it go. it's over.
I mean, he’s not wrong. I wouldn’t stop at just FIU, Duke and La Tech. What about Georgia Tech. Those losses are beyond embarrassing.. and barely beating Central Michigan? Listen, if we played in the SEC or B1G, I get it. Deep conferences with many quality teams. The ACC coastal is GARBAGE. I think there’s been a different coastal winner every year for the last 7 years? It’s the worst division out of any power 5 conference. And we still can’t win it. As a program, we have one bowl victory in the last 14 years... only have won our division once since joining the ACC in 2004. That’s insane. But with this schedule and the talent we have for 2020, it’s not crazy to expect double digit wins. Sometimes I’m shocked at how many great recruits we still get. Diaz must be a better recruiter than we think, because we was literally out coached in every single game last year. I don’t have doubts about our talent- it’s there to win this division. Manny and Baker really scare me as coaches.

Advertisement
Back