Jaiden Francois

Grew up in Ohio before I moved to Coral Gables in 1996 for school. OSU was a dump. Cheap beer, cigs, loud chicks from Cleveland who thought eating “Eyetalian” was going to Olive Garden. When I was studying in shorts and flip flops in February, I would sometimes fall asleep and have nightmares about waking up in Columbus.

Advertisement
I’m seeing a pattern with our recruiting. We get these kids that want to be canes and are Impact players at their position. These kids end up committing but as the recruiting cycle goes on they see more and more top recruits not coming to the class. So here’s François holding it down for several months waiting to see who else is going to come on board and we strike out on the LEJOND and end up with Hodges. Just like we say that the school should put pressure on recruits sometimes recruits can put the pressure on the program as well. Maybe kids in the past have said yeah I want to play down here but As the cycle keeps going and we keep landing less talented kids they start having second thoughts.

Last edited:
I’m seeing a pattern with our recruiting. We get these kids that want to be canes and are Impact players at their position. These kids end up committing but as the recruiting cycle goes on they see more and more top recruits not coming to the class. So here’s François holding it down for several months waiting to see who else is going to come on board and we strike out on the LEJOND and end up with Hodges. Just like we say that the school should put pressure on recruits sometimes recruits can put the pressure on the program as well. Maybe kids in the past have said yeah I want to play down here but As the cycle keeps going and we keep landing less talented kids they start having second thoughts.

He’s clearly interested in OSU. Especially how fast he set up the visit. This reminds me of the Crowley kid.

There is an old saying in SoFla. You don’t want to be the 1st or 2nd school a kid is committed to. You want to be the last.

He’s clearly interested in OSU. Especially how fast he set up the visit. This reminds me of the Crowley kid.

There is an old saying in SoFla. You don’t want to be the 1st or 2nd school a kid is committed to. You want to be the last.

Ivins said he is working out for them. I did a little digging on their 247 board. June is the month they are focusing on defensive recruiting. Interesting though, not much interest in the thread their mod started about him visiting. I wonder if he’s going anywhere else.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Cavazos has been talking to him

Ivins said he is working out for them. I did a little digging on their 247 board. June is the month they are focusing on defensive recruiting. Interesting though, not much interest in the thread their mod started about him visiting. I wonder if he’s going anywhere else.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Cavazos has been talking to him
We have to start landing elite kids or kids are gonna start looking. Paradise can’t come soon enough.
Dudes ain’t gonna want to play in a secondary with slow dudes back there even if he’s your best friend. Not dissing our class cause I love it so far. But the momentum has to pick up. Especially at db and linebacker.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's actually an excellent point.

Storm 18 class seemed more close knit even before getting on campus during the recruiting process. We didn’t have that in the 2019 class and it affected it and the 2020 class although we are in a much better spot than last year class it still appears to be lacking that connection amongst the recruits that storm 18 had.

Advertisement
Storm 18 class seemed more close knit even before getting on campus during the recruiting process. We didn’t have that in the 2019 class and it affected it and the 2020 class although we are in a much better spot than last year class it still appears to be lacking that connection amongst the recruits that storm 18 had.
Get a few more highly rated kids and things will change. Right now the power moves are being made. 6 months till early signing and most of the top 10 schools have at least 10 spots left. The difference between the haves and have nots are that several elite recruits on those teams are helping get the rest. Whatever buzz we had has stagnated while schools are ramping it up. Manny better have some sht planned for paradise and then we better not lay an egg on the 24th.
Get those 2 things done and sht will be a lot different.

We have to start landing elite kids or kids are gonna start looking. Paradise can’t come soon enough.
Dudes ain’t gonna want to play in a secondary with slow dudes back there even if he’s your best friend. Not dissing our class cause I love it so far. But the momentum has to pick up. Especially at db and linebacker.
We gotta win or continue to lose elite recruits...period

We have only said this for the past 8-10 years.

Advertisement
Grew up in Ohio before I moved to Coral Gables in 1996 for school. OSU was a dump. Cheap beer, cigs, loud chicks from Cleveland who thought eating “Eyetalian” was going to Olive Garden. When I was studying in shorts and flip flops in February, I would sometimes fall asleep and have nightmares about waking up in Columbus.

We all know it’s a dump but elite kids still go there.
We just need to keep showing the kid love.

Advertisement
Had several business trip to Columbus years ago. I found it big and boring. I'm from the Midwest originally. Just a bigger version of any Midwestern town. It's not like someone says, "Hey, let's go vacation in Columbus, OH." It's just a Midwest business center. Outside of OSU, meh.

I'm sure college life there is different than the rest of the city.

Last edited:
Is there a connection between them I'm missing?

Other than these guys seem to know one another from camps, etc. I don't know of any specific connection. It seems like they all reach out when offers are out or guys visit. Could be nothing here but I have seen Lejond "talk" to guys through social media.

AI said on the 5 Rings podcast that the staff, and the rest of CFB, is still trying to figure out the (farely) new summer OV thing. He used isiah Walker as an example. South Carolina is going to OV him during the summer and then they have to fight off school like Miami for 6 months until the kid can actually put ink to paper.

It's going to be interesting to see how Manny handles this. I believe that the closer to signing day u can get a kid on campus, the better. I feel that way bc of all my years of experience recruiting on NCAA.

Advertisement
Back