Jaiden Francois to the portal

kid's make mistakes all of the time, especially when they have poor instruction/leadership/mentorship in their lives. let's cut the kid a break and wish him well. but i wouldn't take him here on principle and to send a message. we don't need him now.
I can understand this POV. Because kids commit, then decommit, and then recommit again...it's happened and will continue to happen. I take this U serious but hot dang, these are 17 year old kids we're talking about, who by the way, are being pulled in every which a way by multitudes of people for multitudes of reasons (bags-playing time-education etc etc etc).

Advertisement
We laughed twice on this one. We got the better player in Avantae and got to enjoy the belly laugh of Flipcois flaming out in spectacular fashion.

On the recruiting board, I think I gave him 3 to 6 months at Nebraska before flipping to the portal.
Writing on the wall with this kid about transferring. I think he even would of came here and transferred out.

I can understand this POV. Because kids commit, then decommit, and then recommit again...it's happened and will continue to happen. I take this U serious but hot dang, these are 17 year old kids we're talking about, who by the way, are being pulled in every which a way by multitudes of people for multitudes of reasons (bags-playing time-education etc etc etc).
exactly, you don't criticize him for it but you don't enable him by fixing his mistake. he needs to understand that decisions have consequences and one of them is that there isn't an open door at the U. at the end of the day, if he's talented, this decision will be a small pothole and he'll shine regardless of where he goes, but not at the U.

Kid will still be fine where ever he goes if he puts his head down and works. He will still earn his education and a possible shot at the nfl if he can get out of his own head. I will also trash him every chance I get.

Advertisement
What's the difference between Francois and Issiah Walker? I need real data because from where I'm sitting, position of need-check, high ranked 4 star-check, didn't diss us or throw our hat to the ground etc-check,....is it simply that we don't want him because he picked another school?

@Liberty City El....you always lead us the light on these topics, am I missing something here?

If you have to ask, then you have a short memory. Google.

And that's AFTER the hour-long, tear-filled, walk-out drama...

Advertisement
Yall laughing at an 18 year old making tough life decisions is pitiful.

Brother...18 year old is an adult. If I am on the hook for student loans I signed at 18 or if I can make the choice to go off and die overseas in a war...I'm old enough to be judged for other actions as an adult.

If the toughest decision this adult ever made was to go to Nebraska for college, he'll be alright...and in the meantime, we can laugh at the idea of a South Florida young man being duped into moving to NEBRASKA.

Advertisement
On Francois' twitter...

1595008549784.png

Advertisement
Brother...18 year old is an adult. If I am on the hook for student loans I signed at 18 or if I can make the choice to go off and die overseas in a war...I'm old enough to be judged for other actions as an adult.

If the toughest decision this adult ever made was to go to Nebraska for college, he'll be alright...and in the meantime, we can laugh at the idea of a South Florida young man being duped into moving to NEBRASKA.
18 year old is considered adulthood..but I don’t think anyone would consider a vast majority of 17/18 year old kids who just graduated HS Adults..very impressionable age..the fact Neb got that far with these kids is cray to me

18 year old is considered adulthood..but I don’t think anyone would consider a vast majority of 17/18 year old kids who just graduated HS Adults..very impressionable age..the fact Neb got that far with these kids is cray to me
It's the point where we said you're responsible enough to vote, serve your country, and sign legal documents. If they can make good enough decisions on how to run their government, risk dying for their country, and assume legal liability, they can pick a college.

Advertisement
Back