Confirmed Jahmile Addae

Mario with the counterpunch.

Whats Up Yes GIF by DAZN

Tyrique should be his main recruiter.

Advertisement
Legit asking so feel free to set me straight because I just don’t know:

Aside from having 2 more years of experience than DVD, what are we getting here that DVD is giving us?

DVD can recruit. He’s the lead on Cormani. Is this guy just a better recruiter than DVD or about the same and what about his coaching?
He's been coaching DBs since 2016, so far more experienced than DVD.

He excelled at West Virginia (had an impressive DB unit there), which is why he got hired by Kirby in 2021.

Appears to be an elite recruiter, as he was today recognized as the #2 recruiter in the 2022 cycle.

He'll also have some clout coming from Georiga given that they just won the Natty while DVD coached under Manny. Appears to be a pretty **** good pickup if it happens. Doesn't quite have the resume of a TRob or Raymond, but he seems like he could be the next big time DB coach in college.

He’s a good recruiter and if he came would give us a presence in the Tampa area. His kids haven’t developed though. That would be my only question mark.
What kids “haven’t developed “ under him? Names please?

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's been coaching DBs since 2016, so far more experienced than DVD.

He excelled at West Virginia (had an impressive DB unit there), which is why he got hired by Kirby in 2021.

Appears to be an elite recruiter, as he was today recognized as the #2 recruiter in the 2022 cycle.

He'll also have some clout coming from Georiga given that they just won the Natty while DVD coached under Manny. Appears to be a pretty **** good pickup if it happens. Doesn't quite have the resume of a TRob or Raymond, but he seems like he could be the next big time DB coach in college.
I don't know if this is relevant but his special teams units ranked at the very top when he was at WV. I think his punt return unit was number 1 in the nation.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This has been rumored for a long time now. My sense is not that he's being "pushed out" necessarily, but that there's too many cooks in the kitchen with both Kirby and Muschamp coaching DBs. Muschamp replaced Lanning, who coached LBs.

Would be a great hire.

Advertisement
Back