Confirmed Jahmile Addae

Advertisement
We can do better in terms of a pure technician coach there’s a number of guys better than Addae.

But his recruiting acumen is what makes him a Homerun & Mario always places the premium on recruiting first.

Also, I played & coached CB too, so that’s kinda my speciality as well.
But that’s what we need…a pure technician as a coach imho. Although he’s from Tampa..he has a ****** record of recruiting the area.

Anyone can recruit at UGA with a bag man..I just feel we can do so much better. I’m hoping Mario sees that.

That’s dope you’re a DB guy too..we prolly met before.

His recruiting prowess has followed him at every stop, and if you can recruit Arizona, WVU, or Minnesota...you're probably going to nail it at UGA...maybe a Miami even

The guys that he has worked with, albeit, for short periods mostly..have had success. When you can drop an all american or two on the resume, that's not bad either.
What recruiting prowess?

But that’s what we need…a pure technician as a coach imho. Although he’s from Tampa..he has a ****** record of recruiting the area.

Anyone can recruit at UGA with a bag man..I just feel we can do so much better. I’m hoping Mario sees that.

We need a guy who can land Cormani McClain (and others close to his level), not a pure technician. Jimmy's and Joe's will ALWAYS >>>>>> X's and O's. I'm not ****ting on technique, I'm just saying I would much rather have the guy who specializes in landing 5-stars over the guy who takes the 3-stars and makes them better. We already had that guy. His name is Mike Rumph. I want the guy who lands Pat Surtain, not coaches him in HS and watches him go elsewhere.

Advertisement
We need a guy who can land Cormani McClain (and others close to his level), not a pure technician. Jimmy's and Joe's will ALWAYS >>>>>> X's and O's. I'm not ****ting on technique, I'm just saying I would much rather have the guy who specializes in landing 5-stars over the guy who takes the 3-stars and makes them better. We already had that guy. His name is Mike Rumph. I want the guy who lands Pat Surtain, not coaches him in HS and watches him go elsewhere.
You want a guy that lands them, doesn’t develop them properly & affects future 5 stars now we’re back in a vicious cycle.

Winning, development that you can point to & money is how you get 5 stars…not some dude with a perceived silver tongue at some school that’s been irrelevant for 20 years.

Advertisement
& while we’re at it…outside of Derwin James…what Polk County skill position has been worth a **** in cfb…the last 15 years? Name them please????

Kill that Cormani McClain noise…

I'm on your side when it comes to developer over recruiter. Pure technician is probably too narrow because some guys cannot communicate well. But, if a guy is technical, can teach, and commands respect, I weigh that combination over "recruiting." The truth is most kids aren't idiots. They want to go play for whomever is gonna make them the best. Well, at least the best players think this way. So the "recruiting" happens anyway.

didnt he coach one of the most productive DB groups in the nation at WV and at Georgia..?

Advertisement
I'm on your side when it comes to developer over recruiter. Pure technician is probably too narrow because some guys cannot communicate well. But, if a guy is technical, can teach, and commands respect, I weigh that combination over "recruiting." The truth is most kids aren't idiots. They want to go play for whomever is gonna make them the best. Well, at least the best players think this way. So the "recruiting" happens anyway.
Compromise Shrug GIF

agreed, competency by itself naturally attracts the elite. the opposite is not true

They are grooming DVD for a future in Canes football (not including what he’s doing already). All he has to do is stay patient and follow the correct steps up the ladder.
the only way he´s going to achieve competency, however, is actually performing coaching on the field and he should do so somewhere else before. no new coaches ever again.

yes, diaz´s defensive philosophy sucked, but having essentially a grad assistant (patke), a new coach in DVD and a new coach in Aristide last year produced horrific results.

Advertisement
eh. kids want to go where they can win championships, play in big time games, play with other 5 star players, be put into an NFL factory etc. I wouldn't say that most kids are idiots but they're impressionable 17 year olds at the end of the day. if you put a bunch of 5 star and high 4 star kids on your roster, they're gonna end up in the NFL, most of them as day 1 and day 2 picks, and that cycle feeds itself. I mean, I'm not saying anything revelatory here haha

eh. kids want to go where they can win championships, play in big time games, play with other 5 star players, be put into an NFL factory etc. I wouldn't say that most kids are idiots but they're impressionable 17 year olds at the end of the day. if you put a bunch of 5 star and high 4 star kids on your roster, they're gonna end up in the NFL, most of them as day 1 and day 2 picks, and that cycle feeds itself. I mean, I'm not saying anything revelatory here haha
I don't believe that's genuinely at the top of their list. And, of the players I've spoken to over the years, you'd be surprised how clear-cut they are about wanting to be developed. It's a very plain, understandably selfish approach because the competition to their goal is so high.

Even if they do mention "winning championships," what more genuinely motivates them is attention, money, and a pathway to development so they can make even more serious money later. It just so happens the good programs group those guys together, develop them, put them in good spots (on the field) to succeed, so it may look that way via correlation. They're no doubt impressionable. But, they're not idiots in the sense of instinctually understanding who's going to develop them or not.

Advertisement
Back