Coaching Jahmile Addae gone

Advertisement
Just watch the games. Mike's CBs held up better than anyone fielded Manny or Banda. And as previously stated, he had the no 1 pass defense in the country in 2018. As much as it's been denied, most still hold the recruitment of Surtain and Cambell against him. Neither were ever coming here. Their visits at the end of their recruiting cycle were "courtesy visits".

I'm not saying he should be back on the field as Addae's replacement. I 'm saying any discussion of who's a better position coach between Rumph and Banda is nonsense.

Ok.

I had a long response to this, but not sure this is going help the discussion along.

We can agree to disagree.

I get there are personal relationships here.

Advertisement
Because certain posters think it's 2000 and Butch/Solly/Art et al. could still be good coaches at Miami
Ed Reed for DB coach??

It will be interesting with Guidry here how this hire plays out. I don’t know the ins and outs of practice enough to know how much Guidry had to do with guys like Porter taking a nice step up. Addae may have been getting more credit for “coaching” than he deserved I dunno

But I would expect a recruiting monster to get hired here, but that doesn’t necessarily mean a name South Florida is familiar with either. Mario seems to have a pretty extensive network

Anyway, all **** you already know

Ed Reed for DB coach??

It will be interesting with Guidry here how this hire plays out. I don’t know the ins and outs of practice enough to know how much Guidry had to do with guys like Porter taking a nice step up. Addae may have been getting more credit for “coaching” than he deserved I dunno

But I would expect a recruiting monster to get hired here, but that doesn’t necessarily mean a name South Florida is familiar with either. Mario seems to have a pretty extensive network

Anyway, all **** you already know
Mario made the mistake of not having a cohesive staff in year 1 and just hiring a bunch of 'names'. He seems to have gone away from that approach the past two years.

Advertisement
Mario made the mistake of not having a cohesive staff in year 1 and just hiring a bunch of 'names'. He seems to have gone away from that approach the past two years.
I agree. He had a lot of **** to do when he got here and I just don’t think that’s how he works best. Not absolving him but I just don’t think it played to his strengths

I don’t question his ability to coach or mesh with Guidry.

My concern is he’s been doing it for 6yrs and has zero NFL guys on his resume. To me, that says something about his inability to identify talent.

This is maybe a nod to Guidry. If Guidry wants this guy and you value Guidry (just signed a 3 year extension) and his ability to coordinate your defense you let Guidry make that decision who he feels best implements what he wants.

Maybe he can't identify talent but if he can coach others on the staff can identify talent.

Advertisement
What does one thing have to do with another? By that logic, Marv Levy should still be coaching the Bills and he's 98 years old, but hey, he coached Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith and Thurmon Thomas!!!
Only a Moron would think that coaches who coached
PBuch
Rumph
Reed
Dre
Santana
Wayne
McGahee
Portis
Gore
Davenport
Shockey
Winslow
Mckinnie
Romberg etc....couldn't coach what we have now. Lol....Of course their older....but if you think they're incapable, you'd be mistaken. Not ONE assistant coach we have now (aside from Taylor) would be a position coach on the 2000 team.

Only a Moron would think that coaches who coached
PBuch
Rumph
Reed
Dre
Santana
Wayne
McGahee
Portis
Gore
Davenport
Shockey
Winslow
Mckinnie
Romberg etc....couldn't coach what we have now. Lol....Of course their older....but if you think they're incapable, you'd be mistaken. Not ONE assistant coach we have now (aside from Taylor) would be a position coach on the 2000 team.

Think you’re missing the point. Nobody is arguing they are or were good coaches. Do you really think any of those guys would want to coach in this era of college football with the way recruiting is, NIL, media, etc? Living in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s is partly why we’ve sucked for 20 years, let’s quit trying to recreate those years. Adapt and evolve to current times, which I think Mario is trying to do.

Advertisement
Think you’re missing the point. Nobody is. arguing??.. they are or were good coaches. Do you really think any of those guys would want to coach in this era of college football with the way recruiting is, NIL,0 media, etc? Living in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s is partly why we’ve sucked for 20 years, let’s quit trying to recreate those years. Adapt and evolve to current times, which I think Mario is trying to do.
Living in the 2000s is why we've sucked for 20yrs?....FOH with that nonsense. Butch and staff left the blueprint that we've disregarded for 20yrs. Mario was a GA from 98-2000....he took lessons from those coaches.

Advertisement
Back