Coaching Jahmile Addae gone

Advertisement
Not every 4 or 5 star player becomes a star.

That’s the problem.

You still have to pick the right ones sir. That’s why that aspect of recruiting matters.

That's true but I would wager that the hit rate with 4/5 stars is much higher than 3 stars (as backed up by that 10 year study of recruit rankings and NFL draft).

It’s possible, but NFL talent comes from all levels of CFB.

Due to the 85 scholarship cap, the big boys can’t hoard every single player under the sun.

Guys slip thru the cracks all the time.
No doubt the NFL occasionally finds diamonds in the rough but being at a small college decreases the chances of being found with a limited pool of candidates.

Chevis Jackson:
2017 MAC Recruiter of the Year via 247Sports
Marshall:
Marshall was ranked No. 1 in FBS in third down conversion percentage defense, allowing just 23.5 percent conversions and the pass efficiency defense ranked No. 3 in FBS and No. 1 in the Sun Belt as well. Marshall also ranked No. 8 in FBS in first downs defense, allowing just 200 total in 13 games.

How you want to divide that credit between him and Guidry who knows, but they seemed to work well together.

Kansas:
In his first two seasons at Kansas, Jackson made his impact felt, guiding Hasan Defense to All-Big 12 honors in 2019 and Karon Prunty to Freshman All-American honors in 2020.

Could be a diamond. I didn't like the Beard hire and he's done fairly well so maybe Jackson will be that missing piece. Hard to distinguish much being the skill level of these schools

This is good, thank you sir.

That's true but I would wager that the hit rate with 4/5 stars is much higher than 3 stars (as backed up by that 10 year study of recruit rankings and NFL draft).

Agreed.

The higher the rank, the higher the chance of hitting on an NFL player.

Advertisement
I was not thrilled with either hire, but thank you for pointing out that Cristobal has a good eye for young coaching talent.
To your point I think Nicholson had shown in a very brief snapshot that he could pull talent at Louisville

Even though I think the debate is moot it will be a fun conversation when we do make a hire

Yeah. DL and DB were especially true.
Yeah and it’s like how Bama and UGA always get pulled into this

They have lots of busts to at are 5 stars but they just pull such a high percentage. Our blue chip ranking is misleading to me because there’s a clear separation of talent once you get near those top spots (Mauigoa types)

We just don’t pull many of them at all so when one misses it’s a huge deal for us where those elites just put in the backup who’s probably also a top 50 player

Advertisement
I would call Coach Whitey Sauers!
disgusted king of the hill GIF

Advertisement
Coach 1st and recruiter 2nd when it comes to DB coaches, ideally you want both but if you had to choose give me the technician who can develop talent.
That's close to who we just had, we need a recruiter imo.

Chevis Jackson:
2017 MAC Recruiter of the Year via 247Sports
Marshall:
Marshall was ranked No. 1 in FBS in third down conversion percentage defense, allowing just 23.5 percent conversions and the pass efficiency defense ranked No. 3 in FBS and No. 1 in the Sun Belt as well. Marshall also ranked No. 8 in FBS in first downs defense, allowing just 200 total in 13 games.

How you want to divide that credit between him and Guidry who knows, but they seemed to work well together.

Kansas:
In his first two seasons at Kansas, Jackson made his impact felt, guiding Hasan Defense to All-Big 12 honors in 2019 and Karon Prunty to Freshman All-American honors in 2020.

Could be a diamond. I didn't like the Beard hire and he's done fairly well so maybe Jackson will be that missing piece. Hard to distinguish much being the skill level of these schools
How good is this guy recruiting wise, 2017 is a long time ago

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back