Jahkeem Green 4* JUCO DT as a late Miami Prospect

Advertisement
When he was ruled a NQ, he was supposed to enroll at Marshall as a Future then he would have had 4 years to play 4 after sitting out a year. Days before he was supposed to enroll at Marshall he changed his mind and went the JUCO route instead.

I question the common sense of any prospect that chooses to go to a JUCO over a 4 year University and getting FBS level S&C, tutoring, and coaching
I don't agree. JUCO makes a lot of sense to me.
Spending 5 years at Marshall, instead of spending 2 years at a JUCO, then 2 years at a P5, (and get my degree from there.) Is Marshall that great?

Advertisement
We're good at DT with what we already have and who we still have coming in over the summer. Really we need to solidify the OL and LB depth. LB could be fine as is depending on who is able to come back from injury.

No we're not!

I don't agree. JUCO makes a lot of sense to me.
Spending 5 years at Marshall, instead of spending 2 years at a JUCO, then 2 years at a P5, (and get my degree from there.) Is Marshall that great?

No guarantee you will make it to a P5 or even stay at a JUCO for 2 years.

Recent UTK commit Darel Middleton was in the same boat and it took him 3 years just to a P5 school. He could have came to Marshall as a Future, sit out a year then had 4 to play 4. Instead he choose to go to Mississippi Gulf Coast, bombed out, ended up at EMCC and needed 2 years there to finally graduate.

There has been a few times where I kid chooses the JUCO route and is never heard from again. And then there is many times a kid like Jaquan Yulee or a Tyler King from Polk County who come to Marshall, sit the year and become leaders in the program.

There is never any guarantees, even at Marshall.

Middleton is now gonna be at UT and will graduate from there, the team he has wanted to play for since he was a kid and isn't stuck at some G5.
Green, who is going to Nebraska (not his 1st choice), I still think would he'd rather be there than at Marshall. At least I know I would.

That's the problem Miami has had for years, coaches and fans don't value linemen like they should. They'd rather complain about losing a D back that will never make a difference. MORE LINEMEN!

IMG_2902.GIF

Advertisement
Let's say we can swap Green for a current UM yet unamed upper class interior dlinemen that let's say has been in the program for 4 years an has had only a hand full of snaps in total over those 4 years, an whom's best option for playing time is to transfer to a G5 program after spring.

Would you naysayers then be on board with flipping JUCO DT Green from Nebraska to Miami.

Go Canes

Let's say we can swap Green for a current UM yet unamed upper class interior dlinemen that let's say has been in the program for 4 years an has had only a hand full of snaps in total over those 4 years, an whom's best option for playing time is to transfer to a G5 program after spring.

Would you naysayers then be on board with flipping JUCO DT Green from Nebraska to Miami.

Go Canes
I say flip 'em and give TM the boot.

Advertisement

Go Canes
I would get OL and LB

Go Canes

OK but I mean I like to play hypothetical make-believe games too? Do we know this kid even gives a **** about UM?

Advertisement
Good article giving additional background on Green's situation and verbal commitment to Nebraska.

Excerpt from Article:
Nebraska football picked up what could be a sizable addition — in more than one way — with the verbal commitment of 2019 junior college defensive lineman Jahkeem Green. Green told Husker coaches of his decision on Sunday while driving back to Highland (Kansas) Community College, and one of that program’s assistant coaches, Judd Remmers, confirmed the pledge to the Journal Star on Monday night.

It took a confluence of factors — and some heads-up work by NU’s staff — to make it work. Green had widespread interest from SEC schools, including the likes of Alabama, before his sophomore year began, but eventually he committed to South Carolina. Green is from Sumter, South Carolina, which is just an hour from Columbia.

As it turns out, though, the 6-foot-4, 300-pounder isn’t going to qualify there (or at any SEC school) because of a quirk. Green is taking a math class online but through an outside party rather than through Highland itself, and SEC schools don’t take credits that are earned online via a third party. NU doesn’t have the same restriction, meaning it’s free and clear to take a commitment from Green and get him enrolled as soon as he graduates later this spring.

Had the Husker staff not done its due diligence, it may not have figured out the particulars of Green’s situation. Let’s not count too many chickens before they hatch, but Green’s not the type of player Nebraska is just going to regularly find within a two-hour drive. He’s got a redshirt year at his disposal if he needs it and two years of eligibility remaining.

2. Green hasn’t signed a national letter of intent and he likely won’t before arriving on campus because of the late nature of the addition. Assuming he signs, NU has a maximum of two spots remaining for the 2019 class......

Counting Green and subtracting Lightbourn, Nebraska has 160 players on its roster, according to Huskers.com. The exact roster cap is somewhere in the low-to-mid 150s, said athletic director Bill Moos.

Figure that NU could add up to two more scholarship players between now and August, and it figures that at least a half-dozen or more players — walk-on or scholarship — will leave the program before preseason camp begins......
==========================================

Miami as a private school can accept whatever credits they choose, so Green's online math class shouldn't be issue with UM admissions.

Go Canes

Last edited:
No guarantee you will make it to a P5 or even stay at a JUCO for 2 years.

Recent UTK commit Darel Middleton was in the same boat and it took him 3 years just to a P5 school. He could have came to Marshall as a Future, sit out a year then had 4 to play 4. Instead he choose to go to Mississippi Gulf Coast, bombed out, ended up at EMCC and needed 2 years there to finally graduate.

There has been a few times where I kid chooses the JUCO route and is never heard from again. And then there is many times a kid like Jaquan Yulee or a Tyler King from Polk County who come to Marshall, sit the year and become leaders in the program.

It all depends on the student and the juco program they go to or the 4 yr program that offers him. And he probably was hoping to regain those p5 offers. However, I do think he should of taken the Marshall route. Marshall has a strong reputation on getting kids to the league and with their program he probably would of faired better academically.

Jahkeem Green has 1 online JUCO class left to complete before he enrolls in a school this summer. So the window is there, for Miami.

Go Canes

Did you read it? He’s set to enroll at Neb. Smdh

Advertisement
Back