Jahkeem Green 4* JUCO DT as a late Miami Prospect

Paranos

All-ACC
Jahkeem Green 4* JUCO DT as a late Miami prospect at 6'4" 305lbs is just what Miami needs to both solidify Miami's depth issues and provide starter quality in the 4 man DT rotation for the next 2 years. He was committed to South Carolina but didn't sign because of academic issues at his JUCO. South Carolina then filled his spot because they couldn't gamble on him not qualifying by spring and being a late summer enrollee.

So Green started looking around he officially visited Tenn, Houston, and Nebraska. He has 2 official visit available.

He committed to Nebraska over the weekend but has signed a NLI, so he still has options for when things shake out after the spring evaluations an players enter the transfer portal. One of the Nebraska position coaches was previously the a coach at Highlands Juco where Green is currently enrolled so there was a connection with the staff but not while Green has been there. Green is originally from South Carolina an thus would fit in better in the South East. I strong feel Nebraska is just a safe P5 landing spot unless a better offer closer to the east coast comes along like let's say Miami.

As a JUCO Soph Green had 67 tackles, 7 TFL's, and 3 sacks, he is more of a run stuffing 1 tech that is a very good interior pass rusher that has a good 1st step but plays with raw power which exactly what Miami's needs. Green would be thrive in UM's 1 gap attacking system, vs Nebraska's 2 gap system With the spring evaluation period coming to an end Miami should reach out now to plant the recruiting seed with Green. I am not sold on the quality of Miami's current dline interior depth and we will need those big boys game 1 in Orlando an I rather not rely on true freshmen.

JUCO Freshman Year

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
When he was ruled a NQ, he was supposed to enroll at Marshall as a Future then he would have had 4 years to play 4 after sitting out a year. Days before he was supposed to enroll at Marshall he changed his mind and went the JUCO route instead.

I question the common sense of any prospect that chooses to go to a JUCO over a 4 year University and getting FBS level S&C, tutoring, and coaching

Last edited:
Advertisement
Keep in mind this a 305lbs young man
D287IN-X4AAqRFc.jpg

Go Canes

Advertisement
Wow!! I reserve my right to be completely wrong and change my mind. He looks impressive, but I won't lose sleep over depth at DT this year.
What level of competition was that against and any of our current DTs will do that same thing against that level of competition in my opinion.

We're not going after any DTs this spring. Nnoruka coming in and 3 freshman will be here by the summer. Not going to happen.

I'm downright giddy to see how Harrison-Hunte develops here. I am a huge fan of taking kids with basketball feet and coordination and playing them on the defensive line. He's incredibly nimble for a kid his size. RJ McIntosh mold.

Advertisement
What level of competition was that against and any of our current DTs will do that same thing against that level of competition in my opinion.

he plays in the Kansas JUCO circuit which in my opinion is a tougher league than the Mississippi league which is more top heavy where 2 maybe 3 teams is blowing everyone out by 50 points

We're good at DT with what we already have and who we still have coming in over the summer. Really we need to solidify the OL and LB depth. LB could be fine as is depending on who is able to come back from injury.

Advertisement
It’s a shame. Because this kid is a really good player.

Dumber than a box of rocks though.

Advertisement
Back