Jags get Miami treatment in Foxsboro

What's the point with the NFL? The same team wins every year. (Also the problem with college football.) They get to cheat, too.

Underrated post.

Bama got lots of help from the zebras in the CFB playoff title game. Now Pats get lots of help in the AFC title game.

Aren't these two the greatest football dynasties ever? Why do they need help from the officials?

The game, college & pro, is rapidly going down the toilet because of this kind of stuff.

Advertisement
I'd say the game was decently officiated, however, the last play by Gilmore was a complete blown PI call. CBS failed the viewers by not re-showing the look from behind Bortles, but Gilmore was clearly beat, extended two hands around the waist of the WR to regain ground and then leap over him to make a play. A catastrophic blown call in that scenario that went mostly unnoticed due to a failure by CBS to acknowledge it (think the blown call against us vs. FSU where Mcintosh clearly came away with a fumble recovery against Cam Akers with 5 minutes left and got no mention).

The NFL has a clear officiating problem. I wouldn't call it biased (like the NBA), just incredibly low quality. But there is no accountability in the league office so nothing will fix it.

For reference, freeze the below clip from 22-24 seconds. The whole play Gilmore made was predicated on a clear and obvious PI. Two arms extended around the WR waist to impend his progress and then elevate to make a play. Refs and CBS blew it.

[video=youtube;m47q_TnsOdA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m47q_TnsOdA[/video]

Blame the Jacksonville coaches on this one. Looked like Al Gluten out there taking the foot pedal off the second half against FSU. **** *** coaching.

Not at all...Jags are a ground and pound first team. There was no doubt New England was going stop Fournette at all costs, make Bortles beat us in the second half. Jax tried to stick with it but the ground game was essentially gone.

The officials did the number here...no question. The last rape of a hold to seal the edge and seal the game said it all. Everybody was too busy tripping over themselves celebrating the Pats that they didn't have time to worry about a defender turned completely around and bear hugged.

UM

Last edited:
Also not covered in this thread - the fumble recovery by the Jags that was blown dead while the guy had a clear shot to return it for a touchdown. Not reviewable, so Jags got the ball but not the 7 points they should have.

Advertisement
This game was decided years ago...the day Bortles was drafted specifically.

The Jags team played well for the most part today but the limitations of having such a bad QB eventually catch up with you. That defense is very good but it's not at the level those Ravens teams were at....and Bortles makes Dilfer look like Joe Montana.

LOL I am the biggest Jags fan alive and Bortles was the reason we were in that game. But continue to hate he will just continue to make people look dumb. He was a beast in this game and made a great throw that would of won the game if not for a great play by the CB for NE.

We lost for 1 reason- inexperience . Our d made mistake after mistake when it matter and the some of the play calling was suspect in the 4th quarter but We have a great players at almost every position and once we draft a TE and bring in a few better OL along with a good back up for Bortles I believe we win the SB next season. Just love this team, Literally only a moron could bash Bortles after his last 2 games and even all season he was top 12 in almost every stat that mattered.

The refs were garbage but what do you expect?

straight up post cat, the crying on here is unbelievable, i imagine it was the same in college when we were on a tear, i know here in Texas people said The U was the cheatingest ****"s on earth. 4th quarter, down 4, who you want ? Give me TB every time, man is cold blooded in the clutch, he will F your world

Shows the mentality of a lot of you lames. Only losers complain about penalties. Jags dbs were molesting pats receivers all game. Jags got complacent and were scared of Bortles losing it for them late. Thats why the Jags lost. Just appreciate greatness

Really? watch the SB. Im predicting 3 controversial calls going against the Eagles, one will result in NE td or nullify an Eagles td. Also watch the disparity of calls against, between the teams. Here’s the kicker, watch how many oline holds by NE get called. The NFL is dying to create another attraction in its museum. I will leave the outcome score to the officials.

Not a Jags fan but they got hosed. Watch the Minn v Philly game; how many times did you see Philly and Minn hike the ball w 0 on the clock? Yet, as Jax was driving once again converting on a 3rd down, refs call a delay of game. Did CBS show a replay of it? Nope, and that never happens. The helmet hit on Gronk was momentum. The defender led w his shoulder pad and the impact caused helmets to clank. That was not a helmet to helmet hit. Next play, great coverage called as PI. NE scores new life.

Fact is Jax got 6 penalties for 100 Big yards that changed the complexion of the game while NE got 0 penalties (and spare me w that crap ST holding penalty).

Jax got hosed and so will Philly.

Advertisement
The first PI was questionable but the others were legit. Let’s not act like we didn’t complain about Ramsey raping guys while they try to run down the field. That guys is constantly grabbing guys arms while they try to catch the ball. And Brady is just that good. Plain and simple. Belichick makes the BEST halftime adjustments of any coach in the world! They routinely come out in the second half and shut teams down. Your talking about a team that lost their best offensive weapon in the first half and still came back from ten down to win. I don’t get this whole conspiracy thing I really don’t

Not a Jags fan but they got hosed. Watch the Minn v Philly game; how many times did you see Philly and Minn hike the ball w 0 on the clock? Yet, as Jax was driving once again converting on a 3rd down, refs call a delay of game. Did CBS show a replay of it? Nope, and that never happens. The helmet hit on Gronk was momentum. The defender led w his shoulder pad and the impact caused helmets to clank. That was not a helmet to helmet hit. Next play, great coverage called as PI. NE scores new life.

Fact is Jax got 6 penalties for 100 Big yards that changed the complexion of the game while NE got 0 penalties (and spare me w that crap ST holding penalty).

Jax got hosed and so will Philly.

If the hit I gronk wasn’t helmet to helmet then how do you figure he got a concussion? Are you kidding me? And let’s be clear you can’t not look back at the ball and run a guy out of bounds, also called most of the time. The Patriots are a pretty disciplined team. And Brady throws that deep ball high because he knows these DBs will then get to the wr too early and it’s an easy call for PI. Watch the replays they were all PIs.

Though there were a couple not called on the Pats that at least looked like they might have been early on. I will admit that. But at the end of the day the pats made more plays when it counted. From the nice catch by Dorset, to that amazing catch by Amendola. Go ahead and complain about the hold at the end, that was just to ice the game. It’s not like if they punted Bortles was going to do much with 1:10 and no time outs left when he hadn’t done squat in the whole second half.

This game was decided years ago...the day Bortles was drafted specifically.

The Jags team played well for the most part today but the limitations of having such a bad QB eventually catch up with you. That defense is very good but it's not at the level those Ravens teams were at....and Bortles makes Dilfer look like Joe Montana.

LOL I am the biggest Jags fan alive and Bortles was the reason we were in that game. But continue to hate he will just continue to make people look dumb. He was a beast in this game and made a great throw that would of won the game if not for a great play by the CB for NE.

We lost for 1 reason- inexperience . Our d made mistake after mistake when it matter and the some of the play calling was suspect in the 4th quarter but We have a great players at almost every position and once we draft a TE and bring in a few better OL along with a good back up for Bortles I believe we win the SB next season. Just love this team, Literally only a moron could bash Bortles after his last 2 games and even all season he was top 12 in almost every stat that mattered.

The refs were garbage but what do you expect?

straight up post cat, the crying on here is unbelievable, i imagine it was the same in college when we were on a tear, i know here in Texas people said The U was the cheatingest ****"s on earth. 4th quarter, down 4, who you want ? Give me TB every time, man is cold blooded in the clutch, he will F your world

I totally agree that Jax squad is going to be nice. They need a new LT. that guy was getting bullied all night! But that D is really really good. They just got out coached in the end. They didn’t make enough adjustments. You need to score more than 20 to beat the Pats. They didn’t make enough plays, though Bortles did play well.

Advertisement
abbey-road-referees.jpg
Come together right now over Brady

Advertisement
Back