Jaelan Phillips transformation pic

Usually not a fan of rapid weight gain, especially with fast twitch guys like Phillips. Lots of extra strain on the body and it tends to bog guys down. Let’s see how this goes.

If he stays healthy and doesn’t get bogged down with weight, he can be our most dangerous pass rusher. Rousseau does a lot of his damage with unreal length. Phillips is crazy fast.
Luckily he has a good stretch between now and fall camp to adjust to it. Hopefully thats enough time.

Advertisement
Kid is a freak. When healthy at USC he was a stud. Ran into him in the bookstore with his dad last April and my daughter said hey that's Jaelen Philips. Looked like a hoop player, would not have picked him out. Looked like the pic on the left..
I always thought his legs were hella skinny since he got to Miami. Nice to see Feeley having success with him.

Advertisement
He looked very light when he got here. I’d guess he’s put on at least 20 pounds since August 2019. That’s a pretty serious and quick gain, friend. Maybe it’ll work out great, but I’ve seen a lot of guys gain too quickly here to their detriment. Then again, I don’t mind light fast DEs.
good questions to ask some experts on this though we really don't know all the details to form an educated opinion. in any event i bet he loses a few pounds this spring.

I don't subscribe to the athletic but I was able to read this article last year on the app. It's from February 2019 and says Phillips thought he was done with football. Somewhere in it I think it mentions how much weight he lost. Not shocking that a year later, with football back in his life, he's back to his previous weight or heavier.

Advertisement
Kid can close based on film. Can't wait to see this kid play. I'm a fan of any defensive player that has elite closing speed for their respective position.

And Harvey fresh as a daisy ready to jump out of his skin for 10ish snaps a game. Gracious.

Sacks are a finicky stat. They definitely don’t tell the whole story about your pass rush, but it’s a pretty good indicator. We actually had the most we’ve had under Manny last season. 46 sacks in 13 games.

46 should be the floor this year with those 4 kids, provided Phillips is fully healthy and plays even close to his athletic potential.

Had 52 as a team in 1989, by the way. Just sayin’.

Yeah, but 6 of those - the QB's fainted when they saw what was coming at them.

Advertisement
This is his playing weight. He got skinny due to a wrist injury which limited his lifting. Now he is back to normal.
When you can't do what you normally do. It will effect you in a major way, but once you can get back. Muscle memory kicks in.

My weight prior to my heart attack last January was 191. When i woke up from the coma i was in 2 weeks later. I was sitting at 156 and couldn't even move any of my limbs. After about five days of sitting in bed. I was finally able to attempt to walk again with a walker. After about a day using that i was able to start walking just holding my wife hand. After about 2 months i was back up to my normal weight while working out.

I hope they do not have him drop back into coverage. Have 4 of these guys chasing down QB’s.

Advertisement
Baker better start micro dosing some psychedelics or consult some creative defensive minds. The opportunity is there to be transcendent.
Remember when no one thought we could win with lighter faster dudes and we stopped all those power run teams with 300lb lineman.

When you can't do what you normally do. It will effect you in a major way, but once you can get back. Muscle memory kicks in.

My weight prior to my heart attack last January was 191. When i woke up from the coma i was in 2 weeks later. I was sitting at 156 and couldn't even move any of my limbs. After about five days of sitting in bed. I was finally able to attempt to walk again with a walker. After about a day using that i was able to start walking just holding my wife hand. After about 2 months i was back up to my normal weight while working out.
How are you feeling now...back to normal or still a work in progress?

How are you feeling now...back to normal or still a work in progress?
I hit a roadblock at the 2 month mark. Where i had scaring in my trachea from the tubes down my throat. It got to the point i couldn't breathe. So i ended up having 11 surgeries to straighten it out. I had to wait until i was out of the 6 month range of my heart attack before i could have any big surgery, but still had to wait longer. It's a work in progress at this point. Now that i can breathe i'm finally able to work on getting back in shape.

Advertisement
Back