Jaelan Phillips to the Dolphins?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...up-for-qb-bears-saints-target-qbs-in-round-2/

This is the 3rd mock draft I've seen today that has the Fins taking Phillips at 18. His good Pro Day has catapulted him into the top 20 range. Dolphins fans on the board, would you be happy with Jaelan as our 18th pick, or does someone like Najee, Micah Parsons, or even Rosseau get your jimmies more rustled.
I think Jaelyn's effort this year was unsurpassed but I think Rousseau's upside is unbelievable and he is the one I would pick at 18 if he's there.

Advertisement
I think Jaelyn's effort this year was unsurpassed but I think Rousseau's upside is unbelievable and he is the one I would pick at 18 if he's there.
I feel like there’s no wrong answer (down the road there might be but at this point it’s too hard to project) and at least one of them will be there at 18 so landing Chase and then Phillips/Rousseau would be a home run first round in my book

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...up-for-qb-bears-saints-target-qbs-in-round-2/

This is the 3rd mock draft I've seen today that has the Fins taking Phillips at 18. His good Pro Day has catapulted him into the top 20 range. Dolphins fans on the board, would you be happy with Jaelan as our 18th pick, or does someone like Najee, Micah Parsons, or even Rosseau get your jimmies more rustled.
I love drafts like this that don't follow through.

Washington moves from 19 to 8, but still retains their second round pick that year. Absolutely no chance.

Agree with everything you said, so you'd take Phillips over Rousseau? I'm still torn on that cause Rousseau's potential is higher and his stock sliding cause of a "bad" pro day and opting out is BS to me. We've all seen up close what he can do, we have a better perspective than these so called "experts" that have watched probably 5 minutes of tape.
Greg is hard to project but watching him on tape he always seemed like the best player on the field. I would be happy if Greg was there at 18. I just thought he would already be picked. I’m not buying that he slides to 18. Even after the pro day. If he does and JP is available, slight edge to JP because he played last year. But I’d be ecstatic if he is there. Knowing us, we are picking an Offensive Lineman from Indiana or some ****.

Advertisement
Uhh, he’s not. JP’s film is more impressive and that’s not even a knock.
Sorry not to me. GR was always the first one in the backfield. O and he didn't even start the year he had 15 sacks. So he at least would have had 3 more sacks or more putting him around 19 sacks for a year. Yeah sorry but GR is going to be amazing at the next level.

Greg is hard to project but watching him on tape he always seemed like the best player on the field. I would be happy if Greg was there at 18. I just thought he would already be picked. I’m not buying that he slides to 18. Even after the pro day. If he does and JP is available, slight edge to JP because he played last year. But I’d be ecstatic if he is there. Knowing us, we are picking an Offensive Lineman from Indiana or some ****.
Nah Flores is different. He won't let Grier ***** this up.

Advertisement
Sorry not to me. GR was always the first one in the backfield. O and he didn't even start the year he had 15 sacks. So he at least would have had 3 more sacks or more putting him around 19 sacks for a year. Yeah sorry but GR is going to be amazing at the next level.
JP’s pass rush moves were far more advanced than Greg’s. You mention the highlight tape and then you run straight to the numbers.

I hope the Giants take JP. Even before the pro day I was leaning JP, but his performance confirmed it. GR has a lot of potential but I feel he'd do best on an already contending team like the Chiefs or Bucs where he could develop his raw tools without being trashed by the fanbase that'll want the explosive sacks right away.

My guy Philly.500 on YouTube (also a Canes fan) thinks Miami should pick JP. He personally likes GR more than JP.

Agree with everything you said, so you'd take Phillips over Rousseau? I'm still torn on that cause Rousseau's potential is higher and his stock sliding cause of a "bad" pro day and opting out is BS to me. We've all seen up close what he can do, we have a better perspective than these so called "experts" that have watched probably 5 minutes of tape.
I disagree a bit on Rousseau. He had a lot of sacks from up the middle in obvious passing situations. That's rarely successful against higher level competition. Phillips also quicker around the edge. In reality, NFL teams spend millions on draft assessment and it turns out to be a crap shoot, so what the **** do I know. If I were guessing, I think Phillips will have a much better nfl career.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Some high praise from one of the few Gayturds I like aside from Emmitt (I’m a Cowboys fan)

He’d be a solid pickup for the fins outside Smith/Chase or Najee Harris

JP’s pass rush moves were far more advanced than Greg’s. You mention the highlight tape and then you run straight to the numbers.
The highlights just backup what I said about the numbers. The guy was always the first one in the backfield. I guess we will just have to wait to see who has a bigger impact. I say it's GR

Trav can you show me a board from past drafts that was correct. They always seem to be way off.
I don't understand the question? Greg Rosseau has never been on any past draft boards. But I've read a ton where he's still expected to be a 1st round pick but maybe not as high as we thought a month ago. Most people have him pegged in the 20s now. Could be GMs blowing smoke..

Advertisement
Back