Jaelan Phillips to the Dolphins?

I don't understand the question? Greg Rosseau has never been on any past draft boards. But I've read a ton where he's still expected to be a 1st round pick but maybe not as high as we thought a month ago. Most people have him pegged in the 20s now. Could be GMs blowing smoke..
What I was trying to say is these boards always seem to be way off. Eye balls are what I'm using and this kid is a steal if he lasts past 15.

Advertisement
Agree with everything you said, so you'd take Phillips over Rousseau? I'm still torn on that cause Rousseau's potential is higher and his stock sliding cause of a "bad" pro day and opting out is BS to me. We've all seen up close what he can do, we have a better perspective than these so called "experts" that have watched probably 5 minutes of tape.
Do we really have a better perspective? His 5 minutes of tape covers the handful of games he did play for us

Advertisement
Could either of these guys play OLB in the dolphins scheme? Just trying to figure out who the better fit. I personally would rather trade up a couple spots and guarantee Micah parsons but wouldnt mind some canes making plays since dolphins haven’t had any since Lamar Miller and Olivier Vernon.

Defensive ends Jaelan Phillips and Gregory Rousseau played together at Miami but they appear to be headed in different directions.

Several people cited Phillips’ potential as the best among defensive ends based on game tape and impressive measurables. The 260-pounder ran a stellar 4.56-second 40-yard dash during his pro day and finished with eight sacks in 10 games when he broke out last season. Still, he has durability concerns, and background checks will be crucial for teams because Phillips briefly retired from the sport in 2018 after wrist injuries and concussions while playing at UCLA. “He won’t be for every team,” said one top personnel executive. Get past that and the long, bendy 6-foot-6 pass rusher screams upside. Either Phillips or Michigan’s Kwity Paye is likely the first defensive end drafted.

Rousseau had 15.5 sacks in 2019 but opted out of playing last season. Upon reviewing his sophomore season, some scouts were underwhelmed. “Not polished,” said one scout, who believes Rousseau should be returning to school in the fall. Many people who spoke to The Athletic can see Rousseau, who is 6-foot-7, slipping to the second round. One top executive pushed back against the idea of Rousseau falling outside the first 32 picks but acknowledged the pass rusher’s suspect pro-day showing likely bolstered the naysayers.

I don’t think Phillips is available 18th, but Rousseau will be.

I’m going by the Vegas odds. Id be happy with either on the Dolphins but I think if Miami wants Rousseau they can trade down from 18 and still get him early 20’s.

Advertisement
He played the position at UCLA. I think he fits there.
Haven’t really looked into his UCLA career. He will line up in the dirt too. I can’t remember the last time I’ve been this excited about a player going to the phins, and not just because he is a hurricane. Outside of the UNC game can’t remember the last time I saw such a dominant and complete lineman as Phillips for our hurricanes. Number 15 flashed on almost every series.

IMG_3154.png

Advertisement
I love having Phillips on the Fins. Is sack against Herbert that was penalized was the best

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back