Jaelan Phillips - Then and Now

Rooting for this kid. This is why I’m not worried about clemson. Sunshine ain’t seen a pass rush like ours.

ROFL, exactly, when that **** realizes he can't out run d-linemen, reality will start setting in. The problem with the way teams play the read option is, you have to play press man and defend it basically like the option, that'll shut that **** down real quick. The reason redneck dabo didn't like coach richt cause coach richt called him on his bullshat bag game behind the scenes, among other things, that school is nothing but a sec(security & exchange commission) team over in the ACC. But if football resumes on a regular, defensively, we got the personnel to start manhandling teams again. I'll say this, roche's job is not guaranteed, remember, he's the one coming to a stronger conference.

Advertisement
ROFL, exactly, when that **** realizes he can't out run d-linemen, reality will start setting in. The problem with the way teams play the read option is, you have to play press man and defend it basically like the option, that'll shut that **** down real quick. The reason redneck dabo didn't like coach richt cause coach richt called him on his bullshat bag game behind the scenes, among other things, that school is nothing but a sec(security & exchange commission) team over in the ACC. But if football resumes on a regular, defensively, we got the personnel to start manhandling teams again. I'll say this, roche's job is not guaranteed, remember, he's the one coming to a stronger conference.

Didn’t know that about richt and dabo but it makes sense. Good point on Roche I would not be surprised if he’s the backup and not Phillips. I know sunshine played lsu osu and bama but those teams beat you as a collective unit. We not on that level yet but this pass rush gives us a good chance. Outside of chase young he ain’t seen individual pass rushers like G15, Phillips and Roche and they’re on the same dl. Not saying we beat them but we definitely can.

Not like this man is some chump needing to be developed. He and Jahfari are beasts ready to be unleashed. If Nesta, John Ford, Jordan Miller, Jalar Holley and Blissett can be disruptive in the trenches, then the defense should be able to dominate.
This. We need the big boys to get pressure up the middle.

Didn’t know that about richt and dabo but it makes sense. Good point on Roche I would not be surprised if he’s the backup and not Phillips. I know sunshine played lsu osu and bama but those teams beat you as a collective unit. We not on that level yet but this pass rush gives us a good chance. Outside of chase young he ain’t seen individual pass rushers like G15, Phillips and Roche and they’re on the same dl. Not saying we beat them but we definitely can.

Yeah man, yabba dabo doo not that good of a headcoach, let the Truth be told, coach shannon beat em once, and should've been twice, somebody blew a coverage. That's the main reason the rednecks at UGA wanted coach richt gone, he wasn't bout that Life, they knew kirby was, but now let's see how well yabba dabo doo and the rest of those sec clowns do in all those redneck states, with the current state of the nation, it's getting back to why Miami guys really use to stay home.

Plus the money drying up in the sec if no fans will be in the stadium. UGA was t going under sanctions under coach richt, that's for sure!

As for clemson, as long as coach diaz and his minion don't all of a sudden start calling that hoe *** defense coach diaz did when we played them in that ACC championship game we'll be straight, they'll have old ronnie/runnie Sunshine on the run all game long, and once he keeps getting folded up, that ball is either going to start coming out quicker, or he'll start fumbling it, but no way I got him doing this to us, NO **** WAY:

Advertisement
ACC Olinemen are going to lose their mind having to battle against Roche, Rousseau and then this beast of a man Phillips coming on to the field trying to prove he is even better than those guys.

I expect a lot of QBs to be covered in grass stains and blood.
That third guy coming in when OTs are little tired from trying to stay in front on the two starters can lay waste on a backfield -- regardless of which of the 3 he is.

It'll be a travesty if we don't get to see what this team can do on the field.
Just like in baseball (who I thought had the talent for omaha) I think this team can make the playoffs.
Hopefully there's some type of season even a shorter one.

Advertisement
He looked like a first rounder when I saw him in spring. Small sample, but if you took a random fan to Greentree they would spot him in five seconds.

He stands out physically, athletically and energy-wise.
He looked like a future first rounder in highschool, US all American game and at UCLA until injury

Being able to rush Phillips, Roche and Rousseau together on passing downs means we won't have to blitz. It's really hard to put into words what an advantage that will give us. Watch our 3rd down defensive stats this year. They are going to be incredibly good.

Hadn't really watched his highlights, and you can see why he was a 5 star player. That's impressive. If he's 80% of that athletically he's going to be a great opposite GR.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back