Jaelan Phillips on our offseason conditioning

Walsh5

Recruit
Jaelan Phillips talks about a rope pulling/tug of war drill the team does in offseason conditioning and how it helps them in the fourth quarter.

It's not the guy who pulls crazy hard on the at first... it's the guy who stays composed at first who then takes over. Says it similar to how we play our games.

Might be a bunch of mumbo jumbo BS but I thought it was cool. Really liking this Feeley hire.

Fast forward to the 1:30 mark.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I believe the last 2 regimes did off-season tug of war drills. It's awesome to see him comparing it to this season's 4 quarter bouts/comebacks. Smart young man. You can tell he looks forward to these interviews.

Advertisement
I suspect there are a lot of "unconventional" exercises that they can use to improve.
The 2001 OL was noted for its conditioning program outside the weight room including pushing a pickup truck.

I suspect there are a lot of "unconventional" exercises that they can use to improve.
The 2001 OL was noted for its conditioning program outside the weight room including pushing a pickup truck.
Lol That’s normal Hood/country ****..nothing revolutionary..our WR need to use the rice bucket and catch bricks 🧱

Advertisement
Advertisement
Of course the downside is half of CIS has heart problems for the first three quarters.
The downside is when you are too much behind in the first three quarters this effort and mentality late in the game might not be enough to catch up. I would rather see us consistent throughout the game.

Jaelan Phillips talks about a rope pulling/tug of war drill the team does in offseason conditioning and how it helps them in the fourth quarter.

It's not the guy who pulls crazy hard on the at first... it's the guy who stays composed at first who then takes over. Says it similar to how we play our games.

Might be a bunch of mumbo jumbo BS but I thought it was cool. Really liking this Feeley hire.

Fast forward to the 1:30 mark.

He makes a very good point.

The downside is when you are too much behind in the first three quarters this effort and mentality late in the game might not be enough to catch up. I would rather see us consistent throughout the game.
I think for the defense it’s more about having that stamina to fight throughout the entire game if your offense is taking a little time to get going. Being on the field for 75 defensive snaps while keeping the team in the game for the OFFENSE to be able to get over the jump later in the game is big. Sometimes there are going to be games like that. Even when we are able to challenge the current elites, we will need our defense conditioned like this.

I had a couple of games like that in high school where we were on the field as a defense for a lot of the game, but afterwards, I felt like I could play another game right then and there.

Advertisement
Back