Jaelan Phillips its my time to shine

Advertisement
Wait...was the toxic environment UCLA? Or was the toxic environment at UM, but now Manny has fixed the culture?

What is he saying???

Wait...was the toxic environment UCLA? Or was the toxic environment at UM, but now Manny has fixed the culture?

What is he saying???
He’s absolutely referring to UCLA’s toxic environment . It’s been well reported how many guys were sick of chip kelly. That’s why he “retired” for a day and there were already rumors he wanted to play elsewhere when that happened back in December last year

Advertisement
No, At UCLA. It’s been well reported how many guys were sick of chip kelly. That’s why he “retired” for a day and there were already rumors he wanted to play elsewhere

So he went from a toxic environment to a broken culture and he views that as a huge step up?

That UCLA environment must have been pretty bad.

So he went from a toxic environment to a broken culture and he views that as a huge step up?

That UCLA environment must have been pretty bad.
Seems to be doing well on a number of fronts, he’s got all his weight back up and is ready for football physically and is doing well off the field so of course this would be a positive environment for him

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don’t know. Hey, let’s overanalyze it.
exactly. they are conditioned to be positive about their situations. you want him to tweet negative stuff or have negative feelings. all of our guys are tweeting out all kinds of positive things. on one hand you like to see them fired up. on the other hand we have seen this story too many times. at this point talk is cheap.

he might be able to do that. correct me if i am wrong but didn't the guy play OLB in UCLA running the 3-4 and don't those guys drop into coverage from time to time? if i have no idea what i am talking about let me know.
He did in fact play standing up at UCLA so if anyone can play that Viper d end/lb hybrid spot its him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Very well done with the grades, young fella.

Seems to be doing well on a number of fronts, he’s got all his weight back up and is ready for football physically and is doing well off the field so of course this would be a positive environment for him

If this kid doesn't succeed on the field here it won't ever be able to be attributed to anything on his end beyond bad luck or destiny just being against it. If we can get through the entirety of 2020 sans any addl concussions then I'll personally breathe a big sigh of relief.

It's a different sport but if you look at Sidney Crosby and his ability to rebound from a very bad run of his dome getting rattled to the point where some in his inner circle were thinking that he almost had a version of ptsd that was delaying his return then there's hope. I just think this kid needs the luck of escaping at least one season without getting another one.

Your opinion on Phillips coming out of HS? And your prediction for his performance this year. Thanks homie, I’m curious.
He was the #1 ranked player in the nation coming out of HS in the 2017 class.

I think he's going to do well for us, playing in this Defense, he looked good in the brief time he played at UCLA. He's got legit 6'5 260lbs size & has quick first step, he's a Strong side DE that has very good pass rush skills, high motor & absolutely attacks the pocket. He's a gifted player no doubt.

His only setbacks have been injury, when he's healthy he's a baller. Playing on the same line as Rosseau, Roche & our DT's I think he'll excel this season.

To me it comes down to Diaz & Baker not outsmarting themselves, we have an elite Defensive Line, if they cut back on the overly unnecessary exotic looks & just let them boys hunt we'll seriously have one of the best DL units in the nation.

Advertisement
Back