Jaelan Phillips-5 Star UCLA transfer

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not sure if I have seen this posted on here; if so, sorry for the replication....

But, Phillips was hit by a car in January 2018 and was sidelined for quite a while and required surgery and extensive rehab (hand/wrist) as a result of the injuries sustained in that pedestrian vs vehicle showdown So, the med issues may not be totally constrained to concussions.

You don't have to take Phillips right this second. Its not like he has a ton of other options at the moment.

Wait until signing day comes and goes, figure out where you are, figure out who is locked and loaded for 2019. A scholarship will find his way to Phillips if he's medically cleared.

Whoever during signing day, Trevon Hill (immediately eligible) and Parker Braun (immediately eligible) need to be at the top of the queue.

Advertisement
Not sure if I have seen this posted on here; if so, sorry for the replication....

But, Phillips was hit by a car in January 2018 and was sidelined for quite a while and required surgery and extensive rehab (hand/wrist) as a result of the injuries sustained in that pedestrian vs vehicle showdown So, the med issues may not be totally constrained to concussions.

Wow!! He was hit as a pedestrian? That’s tough yo. That’s beyond tough.

Yeah, hit by a car...really brutal. He goes a lot more in depth into the severity of the injury, type of surgery and rehab that he had to undergo on his IG post, but here's a little summary from his Twitter:

Kind of ambiguously written...says hit by a car...not got into a car accident...either way, seems like it was a serious non-football related injury requiring 2 surgeries and the removal of 3 bones in his wrist...almost cost him last season...so, again,..maybe not just the concussion issues that have hampered his progress at UCLA or caused that premature medical retirement.

Here is a link to the more descriptive IG post:

Jalaen Phillips 2018 Car Accident Surgeries

Advertisement
Yeah, but was it a subcompact car, a luxury car, a crossover small SUV, full size SUV, etc., and what make and model?

4-wheel drive or all wheel drive? Turbocharged or fuel injected?

What color was it?

Kind of ambiguously written...says hit by a car...not got into a car accident...either way, seems like it was a serious non-football related injury requiring 2 surgeries and the removal of 3 bones in his wrist...almost cost him last season...so, again,..maybe not just the concussion issues that have hampered his progress at UCLA or caused that premature medical retirement.

Here is a link to the more descriptive IG post:

Jalaen Phillips 2018 Car Accident Surgeries

Thanks for sharing. Like most here, I was not aware of the injury or the subsequent surgeries. I root for anyone that faces that kind of adversity yet still seems to have a positive attitude.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back