Jadon Haselwood

Advertisement
Mansmell just had an article this morning essentially saying everything is status quo.

Miami and Auburn coming hard, Haselwood listening, but will still be up to what each team does on the field, as Haselwood has stated many times. If UGA has a good year and features their WRs, he will be in Athens. If not, watch for a flip. But if UGA just does what they're supposed to do, he's theirs to lose. I tend to agree. We need UGA to lose a couple games and be boring again on offense in the process.
His decision won’t hinge on UbaGA losing a couple games.

If bags aren’t in the equation, then he’ll go where he feels most comfortable and feels like he’ll be used best. If bags are involved, then it’s all just a sham and window dressing, and he’ll go with the highest bidder (hint: it won’t be us).

If bags aren’t in the equation, then he’ll go where he feels most comfortable and feels like he’ll be used best. If bags are involved, then it’s all just a sham and window dressing, and he’ll go with the highest bidder (hint: it won’t be us).

Don't disagree. But we're kind of saying the same thing. He's said all along he'll go where he feels most comfortable and also where he'll be utilized the most and the best. I guess I should have put more emphasis on the way UGA uses their WRs this year compared to Miami and Auburn instead of the overall records of each, but I do think it'll do nothing but help a flip if UGA doesn't have the success they had a year ago.

Them winning and him living in the state certainly can't help him sticking. But I do agree it's mostly on how he feels he'll be used at each program.

Advertisement
Depends on who is making the observation. Living up here amongst numerous Ga supporters who have seen practices and say both QBs have been outstanding.

Probably get blasted for saying this, but would trade all 4 of ours for the 2 of them.
Yeah I have heard nothing but positive things about them. But I really think William's will be a superstar

Mansmell just had an article this morning essentially saying everything is status quo.

Miami and Auburn coming hard, Haselwood listening, but will still be up to what each team does on the field, as Haselwood has stated many times. If UGA has a good year and features their WRs, he will be in Athens. If not, watch for a flip. But if UGA just does what they're supposed to do, he's theirs to lose. I tend to agree. We need UGA to lose a couple games and be boring again on offense in the process.

UGA ... supposed to ... be boring again on offense

Which is exactly what JH doesn't want.

Maybe he should give 5* RB's Emery from this class and White from the last class and ask them what Kirbs is telling them about offensive philosophy.

Last edited:
right. first off, im high on the kid. he looks smooth but if he is an AJ Green fan and the argument is that Richt coached AJ so he should come here.
Kids dont look at it that way or kids that looked up to ed reed, vilma, mcgahee, etc would all be going to FIU.

Except FIU isn't contending for any championships. You should look at it more like Richt can recruit and so can Butch; the difference is where they coach and if it's a place where you can win.

Advertisement
right. first off, im high on the kid. he looks smooth but if he is an AJ Green fan and the argument is that Richt coached AJ so he should come here.
Kids dont look at it that way or kids that looked up to ed reed, vilma, mcgahee, etc would all be going to FIU.
The kid himself said on his visit that he saw the offense that AJ green was in and that intrigued him

Mansell had a Q&A thread today , too, and talked about UGA using a 6 man WR rotation. Many are expecting that transfer - DRob- to be the "guy". Mansell believes DRob will be one and done.

I have seen Haselwood interviewed a few times now. He is poker face and non-committal. The kid gives nothing away. He doesn't seem to want to really talk about his recruitment at all.

lol I guess "DRob's" dream is to be an Undrafted Free Agent??

And I cant wait to see this "6 man WR rotation" at work in Athens. I cant name 3 WRs on their team let along 6... and lol at the thought of them suddenly changing their stripes and becoming some wide open pass happy offense with the same OC?

Usually what you see is what you get... so if Haselwood didn't like what he saw out of UGa's offense last season, he wont like it this season either.

Unless something catastrophic happens at UGA, i believe the lure of staying home and playing with all that 5* talent (we have talent also, make no mistake) wins out. Plus, just like I believe Ladson bolted to Clemson to play with a top tier qb (Lawrence), the same holds true with Haselwood because I think Fields and Fromm are better than than Rosier and company. Jarren will be great - but it will take time.

Advertisement
Unless something catastrophic happens at UGA, i believe the lure of staying home and playing with all that 5* talent (we have talent also, make no mistake) wins out. Plus, just like I believe Ladson bolted to Clemson to play with a top tier qb (Lawrence), the same holds true with Haselwood because I think Fields and Fromm are better than than Rosier and company. Jarren will be great - but it will take time.

Rosier is irrelevant since he's gone after this season.

the more and more the bag $tories come out, the more respect I give the kids that shun the bags and commit to us. We should all be praising kids like Hall, Gil, Lo, et al (I'm sure many others who had bags thrown at them) rather than lamenting the kids that went for bags.

lol I guess "DRob's" dream is to be an Undrafted Free Agent??

And I cant wait to see this "6 man WR rotation" at work in Athens. I cant name 3 WRs on their team let along 6... and lol at the thought of them suddenly changing their stripes and becoming some wide open pass happy offense with the same OC?

Usually what you see is what you get... so if Haselwood didn't like what he saw out of UGa's offense last season, he wont like it this season either.
Only reason I could name three is because Cavin Ridley played down here, we recruited Mecole Hardman, and obviously D-Rob.

Advertisement

And Haselwood and Fields are reported to be very close friends. Should be interesting to see how that QB story plays out. Seems like Kirby is going to use Fields in certain packages while Fromm will initially be "QB 1".

Only reason I could name three is because Cavin Ridley played down here, we recruited Mecole Hardman, and obviously D-Rob.

It really is unbelievable how many 5 star WRs they have on their depth chart that have been next to non-existent over the past couple years.

Advertisement
Back