Jadon Haselwood

I think Fromm is the starter, he played well last season. Keep an eye on Swift, he's gonna rush for some major yardage.

Oh it's def Fromm's job, but as the poster below you said with the new RS Rule, Fields is going to play 4 games and show enough to show some promise and push Fromm. Atleast I think he will. One of the most talented QB's I've seen in a while.

Advertisement
Lol...so frustrating we don't have legit QB play right now. I love Richt, always been a fan...But if the reason we can't get from 10 wins to BCS final 4 is QB play, that is frustrating giving his background/the fact his son has a place on this staff.
We were literally one game away from a playoff spot in year 2 in a year riddled by injuries.

Malik performed pretty well most of the season not having his number 1 receiver healthy, missing the starting tailback for most of the season. In addition to that basically without top 3 options on offense the last 3 games

I feel better about this season despite Malik than any year in the last 10 years given the talent around him and let’s face it he beat multiple talented teams last year(not all because of him but he definitely played a part in it). People can progress if not we can throw one of the young guns in there

Auburn is a another threat as well.

I really don't understand how a wideout would want to play in that bull****. It doesn't translate to the next level either. Who is AU's best WR in the NFL since Malzahn has been running that offense? Sammie Coates? Ridiculous but to each his own.

My understanding with Haselwood is that: 1) he likes it in Miami; and 2) he is worried Georgia doesn’t throw the ball enough.

Hopefully, we have another good year and Georgia leans on its running game again. The last thing we need is Justin Fields coming in and throwing it all over the yard.

Georgia is letting a lot of talent leave the area this year, Haselwood is really concerned about uga not passing the ball enough

Thanks for the insight Brock

Last edited:
Advertisement
This probably goes without saying but we need to make playoffs to have a chance at this kid. A REAL chance is what I mean. Freak wideouts from OOS, especially GA with the way they are recruiting need to be given a reason to leave home. We win the ACC, or atleast competitive in the ACCCG this year and obviously the perception changes that much more and gets that much better. We can't blow the last 3 games again and expect kids like this to be serious about us when it boils down to decision time when two of his other contenders (UGA and OU) are winning their conference championships. Until then, I'm not holding my breath on flipping a kid from an OOS national title contender that has been recruiting at an unreal level.
JMO

This is the exact quote from Niebuhr on Hasselwood from AU's 247 site, FWIW.
"TAKE 5: Most assume if anyone can flip 5-star receiver Jadon Haselwood of Ellenwood (Ga.) Cedar Grove from Georgia, it’s Auburn. But I keep hearing Miami might also have a chance to be a factor. He visited the ‘Canes earlier this year"

Kid was interested in us since 2017

Kid was interested in us since 2017

We need to make it happen then. UGA mod has been consistent for a while and stressing to the board that this kid will still take his visits, go through the process and basically treat this all like he isn't even committed but they don't seem worried overall. Atleast last time I checked.

I knew someone would say this, lol.
Kids are 99% “What have you done for me lately?”. So, last season is what they remember most of the time until it is no longer he case. They both won their conference last year and were in the playoffs and thats all anyone has to go off of right now. UGA will be back in the SECCG at the bare minimum because SEC-East sucks and OU probably wins big 12 again at bare minimum.

Great points.

But playing devil's advocate, Miami makes it back to the ACCCG bare minimum as well. Last year we were there, one game away from the dance. One game.

If we are going to flip a bigtime OOS WR like Haselwood, winning again is key but I think one of the young QB's at some point will need to take the job from Rosier and play well. IMO one of the reasons Ladson picked Clemson is because he's not convinced that we have a QB.

i agree 100% in terms of Haselwood.

Advertisement
Auburn is a another threat as well.

I think Auburn is a threat because of his relationships with a few of their commits and the fact the kid plays on Cam Newton's 7v7 team and he is apparently recruiting behind the scenes for them...

I knew someone would say this, lol.
Kids are 99% “What have you done for me lately?”. So, last season is what they remember most of the time until it is no longer he case. They both won their conference last year and were in the playoffs and thats all anyone has to go off of right now. UGA will be back in the SECCG at the bare minimum because SEC-East sucks and OU probably wins big 12 again at bare minimum.

UGa is no lock for the SEC East. If South Carolina takes them out at home early in the season (and they could) they have a much more favorable schedule to win that division. I have UGa as having an Auburn type season this year. 4 losses yet somehow inexplicably a top 10 team.

Advertisement
UGa is no lock for the SEC East. If South Carolina takes them out at home early in the season (and they could) they have a much more favorable schedule to win that division. I have UGa as having an Auburn type season this year. 4 losses yet somehow inexplicably a top 10 team.

Ok, lol.

Let's how well Georgia does this year without an ungodly amount of seniors. I think they could lose a few games this year auburn, South Carolina and a few others are tough games for them

Not sure what your lol'ing about. They played close in Athens last year and UGa lost a ton of talent/leadership. Either playing with an injured QB or a true frosh, first SEC road game. South Carolina will be ready to play that game.

Advertisement
Not sure what your lol'ing about. They played close in Athens last year and UGa lost a ton of talent/leadership. Either playing with an injured QB or a true frosh, first SEC road game. South Carolina will be ready to play that game.

1.) Because USCe has only won the SEC-E 1 time in their entire existence and Will Muschamp, the same coach that lost to Al Golden, won’t be the coach to turn that 1 into 2.

2.) Because the point I made, although in another post, still remains the same. UGA is a “returning contender” until they aren’t anymore. Unfortunately that along with the natty appearance is still on kids minds heavily and is evident from their current commit list. And UGA isn’t losing 4 games, atleast not in the regular season if that is what you were implying.
But your opinion, I guess we will see.

1.) Because USCe has only won the SEC-E 1 time in their entire existence and Will Muschamp, the same coach that lost to Al Golden, won’t be the coach to turn that 1 into 2.

2.) Because the point I made, although in another post, still remains the same. UGA is a “returning contender” until they aren’t anymore. Unfortunately that along with the natty appearance is still on kids minds heavily and is evident from their current commit list. And UGA isn’t losing 4 games, atleast not in the regular season if that is what you were implying.
But your opinion, I guess we will see.

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. Had USC won that game last year they would've won the East. I think they have a strong chance of winning that game this year, and so I do not believe UGa is a lock to return to the SECCG as you do. Of course UGa was just in the national title game and that weighs heavy on recruits minds, there's no disagreement with that.

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. Had USC won that game last year they would've won the East. I think they have a strong chance of winning that game this year, and so I do not believe UGa is a lock to return to the SECCG as you do. Of course UGa was just in the national title game and that weighs heavy on recruits minds, there's no disagreement with that.
To highlight how bad the SEC east was, USCe lost to UGA by 14 last year and that was the closest an east team came to beating them. Their secondary looked awful against any QB with a pulse, so its possible they get upset. I just don't think it happens 4 times since the SEC, for the most part, lacks decent QB's. I could see Locke, Bentley, or Stidham lighting them up, but I honestly can't think of another decent QB they play. Assuming they drop all 3 of those and maybe LSU jumps them at LSU, there's no way they should be top 10. Hopefully they do average and Fields doesn't play, so he can transfer to Miami when the season is over.

Advertisement
Back