Jadon Haselwood decommits from Georgia

Latest update:
Top 5 right now of UT, UGA, OU, Auburn and UM. Announcing at All American Game and of course he wants to go to a team who puts the ball in the air.

Rusty on UGA 247 stated Haselwood said "it was very important" to see UGA throw the ball well against UF. TIFWIW

UGA threw the ball really well.

We on the other hand, don't.

Advertisement
Enjoyed OV to UM. This past weekend was just about Mom's Birthday. Going to Auburn Nov. 10. Other visits up in the air.
Wants to go to a school that will get him to the next level. Looking for a team that puts the ball in the air

We put the ball in the air, unfortunately it hits the ground more than 50% of the time.

Advertisement
And here is most of an interview from another site last night:

N HIS OWN WORDS
"I will be at Auburn this weekend for an official visit
and I am now visiting Georgia [officially] when they play Georgia Tech at the end of November. I am not sure on the fifth one yet, but I know I will take them all. Florida State is in there, Tennessee is trying to get one, USC is coming hard and some other schools too. I am just not sure on the last one yet.
The recruiting process has always been crazy, but it is crazier now. My phone has never blown up this much. The coaches are coming harder than ever before right now. I am uncommitted and it is just crazy. The same schools that were on me, some new schools like Clemson have jumped in and it is just hard to keep up with.
People say Miami is my leader because I visited there right after I decommitted from Georgia, but that is just people talking. I still do not know where I am going. I do not have a leader.
The thing about Miami is Mark Richt. He coached AJ Green and that is big to me. They have told me I can be the guy there — like Green was at Georgia. They have told me about the opportunities that I could have there as a receiver. I want the ball. I don't want to go where they run, run and run the ball, then when the defense is asleep, they throw it. What coach Richt has said stands out to me. They want to use me and my ability.
Nothing has really changed with Georgia. They are still on me hard, like they were before and I have not lost any respect for them at all. I just needed to open things up. They still talk to me, they are still on me and I still like Georgia. They may say a few different things. They still call me family and they still make me feel like I am one of them. I will still take my official visit to Georgia.

Justin Fields
is still recruiting me to come to Georgia. I feel like he should be playing more. That is just my opinion. If he played more the rest of the year, then yeah, that could make an impact on me. I am still watching to see what happens. He did not play a big role in me opening things up, but I did think he would be playing more. He is like a brother to me. He wants the best for me.

Oklahoma is still there. Coach Simmons checks on me every week and things are still good. They throw the ball, they score a lot of points and I like the coaching staff there. The receivers there put up big numbers, so that always stands out.
I would love to play with
George Pickens
. That is my guy right there. There are enough balls to go around for him and me at Auburn. I feel Auburn is doing more with less right now. They don't have the receivers that they need to be great on offense. I could go in there and do some things I feel like. I think I could change things there.

I am going to sign in December, but not announce anything until the All-American Bowl January 5. I am not telling anyone before that. It will be quiet.
I am just taking everything slow right now. I am taking my time and doing things how I want to do it. It is really on me to figure this out. I will get it done when I am ready."

Advertisement
And here is most of an interview from another site last night:

N HIS OWN WORDS
"I will be at Auburn this weekend for an official visit
and I am now visiting Georgia [officially] when they play Georgia Tech at the end of November. I am not sure on the fifth one yet, but I know I will take them all. Florida State is in there, Tennessee is trying to get one, USC is coming hard and some other schools too. I am just not sure on the last one yet.
The recruiting process has always been crazy, but it is crazier now. My phone has never blown up this much. The coaches are coming harder than ever before right now. I am uncommitted and it is just crazy. The same schools that were on me, some new schools like Clemson have jumped in and it is just hard to keep up with.
People say Miami is my leader because I visited there right after I decommitted from Georgia, but that is just people talking. I still do not know where I am going. I do not have a leader.
The thing about Miami is Mark Richt. He coached AJ Green and that is big to me. They have told me I can be the guy there — like Green was at Georgia. They have told me about the opportunities that I could have there as a receiver. I want the ball. I don't want to go where they run, run and run the ball, then when the defense is asleep, they throw it. What coach Richt has said stands out to me. They want to use me and my ability.
Nothing has really changed with Georgia. They are still on me hard, like they were before and I have not lost any respect for them at all. I just needed to open things up. They still talk to me, they are still on me and I still like Georgia. They may say a few different things. They still call me family and they still make me feel like I am one of them. I will still take my official visit to Georgia.

Justin Fields
is still recruiting me to come to Georgia. I feel like he should be playing more. That is just my opinion. If he played more the rest of the year, then yeah, that could make an impact on me. I am still watching to see what happens. He did not play a big role in me opening things up, but I did think he would be playing more. He is like a brother to me. He wants the best for me.

Oklahoma is still there. Coach Simmons checks on me every week and things are still good. They throw the ball, they score a lot of points and I like the coaching staff there. The receivers there put up big numbers, so that always stands out.
I would love to play with
George Pickens
. That is my guy right there. There are enough balls to go around for him and me at Auburn. I feel Auburn is doing more with less right now. They don't have the receivers that they need to be great on offense. I could go in there and do some things I feel like. I think I could change things there.

I am going to sign in December, but not announce anything until the All-American Bowl January 5. I am not telling anyone before that. It will be quiet.
I am just taking everything slow right now. I am taking my time and doing things how I want to do it. It is really on me to figure this out. I will get it done when I am ready."
UGA is pretty much dependent on changing up their scheme into an air raid scheme, within the next 6 weeks, which will be unrealistic, as CFP is right around the corner. Either that or getting his boy Fields in action, which is looking unlikely at this point.
Oklahoma seems like a dark horse, ceedee lamb will be their guy next year, assuming Brown leaves to the draft, plus they added 1 5* WR in Theo Wease, 2 4* WRs in Bridges & Henderson
That offense is spread, big12 defense is nonexistent, receivers put up big numbers there but I’m not sure it’s best for a receiver who wants to model his game like AJ green
Auburn I don’t think is a factor in this anymore, he says they don’t have the receivers there to be great on offense but truthfully they do, Jarret Stidham is just bad, but let’s see how things go for their OV over this weekend
Miami I think has the best recruiting pitch, he wants to model his game like a receiver our coach helped develop and put in the league, he acknowledges that our team throws the ball, early playing time and we’re the only ones of the 5 who recruits him for his ability, if he already sees how he’ll be used in this vanilla offense imagine if we get an OC to change up the entire offense to accommodate his ability

Oklahoma is a true dark horse. Wouldn’t blame him for going there. That is a fun offense to play in
Their receiving corps situation is similar to ours in that their main guy M.brown is leaving for the draft, our main guy A. Richards career is over, yet they’ll have a receiver to step up and take that role next year C. Lamb, just like with JT4 for us, only difference is that they’re adding more receivers to an already stacked receiving corps 1 five star, 2 four stars, whilst we’re only recruiting two (Haselwood & Jones) and only taking 1 after J. Payton, he has the better opportunity of starting as a true freshman here

UGA is pretty much dependent on changing up their scheme into an air raid scheme, within the next 6 weeks, which will be unrealistic, as CFP is right around the corner. Either that or getting his boy Fields in action, which is looking unlikely at this point.
Oklahoma seems like a dark horse, ceedee lamb will be their guy next year, assuming Brown leaves to the draft, plus they added 1 5* WR in Theo Wease, 2 4* WRs in Bridges & Henderson
That offense is spread, big12 defense is nonexistent, receivers put up big numbers there but I’m not sure it’s best for a receiver who wants to model his game like AJ green
Auburn I don’t think is a factor in this anymore, he says they don’t have the receivers there to be great on offense but truthfully they do, Jarret Stidham is just bad, but let’s see how things go for their OV over this weekend
Miami I think has the best recruiting pitch, he wants to model his game like a receiver our coach helped develop and put in the league, he acknowledges that our team throws the ball, early playing time and we’re the only ones of the 5 who recruits him for his ability, if he already sees how he’ll be used in this vanilla offense imagine if we get an OC to change up the entire offense to accommodate his ability
1 thing richt has working for him in terms of recruiting should be his ability to sell his players nfl success. He has some of the highest paid and best players in the league right now at multiple positions. Todd gurley playing like the best back in the league by far right now and he loves Coach Richt, A.J. green is a top 6-8 receiver in the league as well and that is a great selling point for Haselwood for sure

Advertisement
Their receiving corps situation is similar to ours in that their main guy M.brown is leaving for the draft, our main guy A. Richards career is over, yet they’ll have a receiver to step up and take that role next year C. Lamb, just like with JT4 for us, only difference is that they’re adding more receivers to an already stacked receiving corps 1 five star, 2 four stars, whilst we’re only recruiting two (Haselwood & Jones) and only taking 1 after J. Payton, he has the better opportunity of starting as a true freshman here
Yeah they are adding like 2-3 legit high 4 star- 5 star talents at receiver in their class right now so I cant see him going there plus jadon loves the city life

Yeah they are adding like 2-3 legit high 4 star- 5 star talents at receiver in their class right now so I cant see him going there plus jadon loves the city life
Who wouldn’t want to live in Norman Oklahoma over Miami Florida for the next 3-4 years of their life, but honestly I still think Oklahoma has this negative stigma over their receivers putting up numbers that doesn’t translate to the league, Kenny Stills & Sterling Shepard to name a few, quality receivers, but not top 5 by any means

Advertisement
It would be nice if we could see what Williams has because if he comes in and plays well then I would imagine that would speak volumes in itself.

Advertisement
Back