Highlights Jacurri Brown on Podcast

Taye Diggs Wow GIF by Bounce

Yeah he aired out some dirty laundry

Advertisement
Obviously he's a smart kid, he didn't look horrible in the Pinhead Bowl, but needs work. I would love to see JB run the ball with authority and let it set up his passing. To me it always appeared he was a little hesitant to cut it loose running, I feel like that he has a gift that our other QB's don't have, he just never really used it.

Obviously he's a smart kid, he didn't look horrible in the Pinhead Bowl, but needs work. I would love to see JB run the ball with authority and let it set up his passing. To me it always appeared he was a little hesitant to cut it loose running, I feel like that he has a gift that our other QB's don't have, he just never really used it.
I don't think Dawson called a good enough game to help maximize Brown's strengths while working around Brown's flaws.

Moving Brown out of the pocket while cutting the field in half also helps make quicker decisions - look at option 1, then 2, if not there pull and run.

Hoping Dawson shows more in year 2 because for as much as TVD struggled, Dawson didn't exactly help his QBs out with his in game play calling and in game adjustments.

Yet somehow most programs bring in a new QB and their locker room is fine lol I swear it’s only down here everyone is so ******* dramatic
I feel like Cam didn’t help the situation at all. It was a roller coaster for fans just imagine how JB felt after this guy announces he’s going to the league. He felt he had a legitimate chance to start then out of nowhere Cam commits. If Cam committed in December like he originally planned this would be a different conversation.

Advertisement
He didn’t throw them under the bus.

He gave his opinion. He didn’t condemn them just said he values other things.
He values other things bc he has to. He has zero leverage bc he’s not as good as them. So he’s gonna trash them saying that could cause locker room issues, which you never do about your own team.

He basically says he refused to be a package QB so he could redshirt and then says where is the “loyalty for people who work hard and stay around.” Get that kid away from any microphone the rest of the off-season .

No disrespect to Jacurri but if he's the QB in 2025 then we didn't recruit any decent QBs. They really need to find another position for him to try
Y’all trip me out with this stuff. He can put in the work and get better st his craft. And position change is NOT the ONLY answer. We do the same thing with coaches around here on CIS. After a coach gets fired from one gig, we automatically assume that he’s ALWAYS gonna be trash. News flash man, people can get better at their jobs, if they’re aware of their weaknesses and willing to put in the work. I’m pretty sure you weren’t as good and efficient at your jobin year 1, as you are right now. JB got better in ‘23, even though he wasn’t getting starter reps throughout the season. He was a better in the bowl game, than he was in the spring game. In 2025, I expect him to be better than he showed in the bowl game. Now will he be good enough to take the reins and lead us, in ‘25? We don’t know. The only thing we do know, is that he’s not a finished product.

I don't think Dawson called a good enough game to help maximize Brown's strengths while working around Brown's flaws.

Moving Brown out of the pocket while cutting the field in half also helps make quicker decisions - look at option 1, then 2, if not there pull and run.

Hoping Dawson shows more in year 2 because for as much as TVD struggled, Dawson didn't exactly help his QBs out with his in game play calling and in game adjustments.
All Facts!!!

Advertisement
This was probably him being too honest, albeit very true.

This will be an issue if Ward doesn’t come in ready to work. If he’s a first in last out kinda guy, always grinding I’m sure whatever bad taste is lingering would be solved on its own.

Seems like TVD didn’t do that, which hurt him more after his stunt. Just my .02.

Y’all trip me out with this stuff. He can put in the work and get better st his craft. And position change is NOT the ONLY answer. We do the same thing with coaches around here on CIS. After a coach gets fired from one gig, we automatically assume that he’s ALWAYS gonna be trash. News flash man, people can get better at their jobs, if they’re aware of their weaknesses and willing to put in the work. I’m pretty sure you weren’t as good and efficient at your jobin year 1, as you are right now. JB got better in ‘23, even though he wasn’t getting starter reps throughout the season. He was a better in the bowl game, than he was in the spring game. In 2025, I expect him to be better than he showed in the bowl game. Now will he be good enough to take the reins and lead us, in ‘25? We don’t know. The only thing we do know, is that he’s not a finished product.
I remember people saying the same about Lamar Jackson. People can get better at their craft .
He looks 100 times better than he did his freshman year

Advertisement
The weird thing to me about the JB situation is that he could've played in 3 more games and retained his redshirt.

There has to be a reason to explain why he didn't, but I cant think of a good one.

Yeah, like how did Jacurri or Emory not get a shot in the 2nd half of NC ST? TVD was throwing a complete stinker and the team needed a spark

Advertisement
The weird thing to me about the JB situation is that he could've played in 3 more games and retained his redshirt.

There has to be a reason to explain why he didn't, but I cant think of a good one.
Think he is saying he only wanted to play if it was to be a QB. Prior to bowl they only wanted him to run the ball.

A couple things this podcast bring to light that I think were bubbling that deep fans (i.e., those who pay attention to the right people on this board and read between the lines) could see:

- TVD wasn't a locker room guy or a work hard guy (i.e., his body composition, in game demeanor and growth as a player, were the exact same since he was a FR), talked about golfing and only hanging out with a few of the guys on the team, flirted with Alabama (i.e., at a time that the team didn't have much leverage, right before the season, like who does that?!) kind of weird for a guy that was talked about a Heisman candidate;

- @apfenny3 spoke about how he thinks Ward will fits in the locker room, with Mario as a leader. It wasn't glowing. So whatever JB was saying, might hold truth to it. Let's hope that the dollar bills change whatever issue it is and his last look for the NFL to see; and

- I think he has a good point regarding being a RS, when your number 2 on the depth chart, you get 10-20 percent of the snaps in practice, plus you play against scout team, so it sort of stunt your growth or makes it flat, unless you do work outside of practice time.

This year will be interesting to see how the dynamics work. Winning hides problems and straightens guys out very fast, so here's hoping we hit that 10 win number.

Last edited:
Jaccuri didn’t reiterated nothing lol. The podca at host repeated the same rumors the ole miss mods put out there. Only thing Jacurri said was Judkins wanted a Mil and got it at OSU from what he heard

Ya’ll r slow & don’t listen.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back