Highlights Jacurri Brown on Podcast

There's a big difference between TVD using Bama as leverage and Cam using the draft as leverage. That difference is that TVD was an established member of the team and that locker room where Cam was trying to negotiate to become part of the team. I understand and appreciate the crucial importance of having a unified locker room but I don't think that Cam crossed a line that would put him at odds with the team. First off the players know what the game is and they won't begrudge a highly sought after, experienced and very productive player like Cam. There's a difference between playing the game by the rules in order to get a better payday and being a primadonna who is a distraction and puts himself above the team.

I'll give an example. Let's say that Jeremiah Smith had decided to stay in Miami after UM topped Taints last offer. Would our players treat him differently? No I don't think so. Plus with more and more elite HS recruits on the receiving end of these huge NIL deals it's becoming commonplace.
I think this is similar to free agency in the NFL, existing players on a team are not going to hold it against a perspective player for getting as much money as he can to sign with their team, but they may get upset with a player who is on the team and holds out (I say 'may' as I am sure there are cases where they agree and ones where they don't).

In fact, sometime other players will give a player crap for signing too low as it impacts the market, although I doubt that is really a factor in college (at least not yet).

Advertisement
I hopr y'all know that Mario CAN NOT stop these kids from doing podcast..... What he can do is discipline them for what they say tho.

Advertisement
JB could’ve helped the team win games this year with some run packages. I like 11 but that is annoying af. The national champs backup qb is a runner because that’s what they need him to be but 11 is too good for it. He’ll realize that he wasted a year by not being a team player.
I actually agree with him to to the point where he would no longer burn a redshirt. I totally understand if he didn't want to burn a year of eligibility to be used as an occasional runner if his aspirations are to be more than that, but when TVD continued having his issues, Emory went down and there was less than 5 games left, then I think he should have been willing to come in prior to the bowl game.

I actually agree with him to to the point where he would no longer burn a redshirt. I totally understand if he didn't want to burn a year of eligibility to be used as an occasional runner if his aspirations are to be more than that, but when TVD continued having his issues, Emory went down and there was less than 5 games left, then I think he should have been willing to come in prior to the bowl game.
He said in podcast he was ready to come in after TVD got benched and Emory got hurt but staff chose to put TVD back in over him

No it's not.
How is it not?

No, Mario can't stop them from going on the the show, but he can say that he is not going to play you if you do go on it or a variety of other punishments that will make it so that the players don't go on these types of shows.

Advertisement
someone mad they wrong lmao

Lol. Oh I see I have a new fan.

1. Ninja I put out my post b4 any “Ole Miss” mod rumor, dummy

2. Jacurri specifically said “he heard” bro had character issues after he talked about Smith coming back for him. Do u actually think JB went on to Ole Miss website, genius? He’s a former blue chip player from Georgia

3. The host of the podcast said his boy shared w/ him Jaxon Dart’s subtweet about Judkins regarding being a good player, but rather play against him vs. w him in reference to Tom Brady’s comment about AB.

So nah blood, I’m not mad about being “wrong”, I’m mad that I’m on CIS & it’s filled w/ guzzling imbeciles.

Last edited:
Im with keeping his redshirt. That was the plan. But if a coach thinks you can help in 4 games with a running package but then TVDs brain turns to mush and Emory’s arm gets broken the coaches aren’t going to want to play the guy that didn’t want to help the team. As we saw play out.

in one game the kid looked way better than Emory. Dawson is *** for not knowing what to do with him after TVD fell off a cliff.

I knew Dawson was *** when NC State shut us down running the same safety blitz over and over.
Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

I have no issue with him letting ward know he can’t come in like an entitled diva like the pro qb from replacements crossing the picket line, and win that locker room over

i bet Mario has less issue with what he said then some of you think and I don’t think it was as harsh on ward as some of you are inferring

Advertisement
He said in podcast he was ready to come in after TVD got benched and Emory got hurt but staff chose to put TVD back in over him
Thanks for adding that, I didnt listen to the whole podcast and only listened to those clips and he said how he didnt want to go in and only have tape of him running.

Still think if he didn't redshirt this year we could have won 1 or 2 more games.

Maybe Mario pulls TVD quicker in the GT game.
Maybe Jacurri plays the NCSt game
Maybe Jacurri beats FSU

But not as a "run first" QB.. sucks both sides couldn't find a way to get him the experience he needed AND put the team in a better position to win more games.
TVD lead the game winning drive in the GT game.

The notion that he " threw Cam & Tyler under the bus" is silly and poorly worded. The young man aint said anything that isn't painfully obvious to anyone, even remotely, paying attention.

BTW, he's already better than Emory. His development or lack thereof is totally on Dawson, like i said when Dawson was hired.

Why would the young man have to ASK to be in the scout team? Smh. Maybe Dawson is doing more than meets the eye.... Doesn't seem so, IMHO.

Advertisement
He values other things bc he has to. He has zero leverage bc he’s not as good as them. So he’s gonna trash them saying that could cause locker room issues, which you never do about your own team.

He basically says he refused to be a package QB so he could redshirt and then says where is the “loyalty for people who work hard and stay around.” Get that kid away from any microphone the rest of the off-season .

I'm gona have to agree here

Advertisement
Back