Jacurri Brown gaining steam as '22 QB

Advertisement
The meeting was with the organization executives, and among those in attendance was City of Doral Mayor JC Bermudez. Both Brown and Bond told CaneSport following the meeting that wherever they attend college they want to give back to the area community.

“Going to college is not just a four year decision, it’s a 40-year decision,” Brown said. "I want to give back to where I’m at and make a big impact on the place I am. There’s going to be kids at the city I’m going to that will be looking up to me. I want to inspire people to be great.”

He says from the meeting “I learned there are people there that want to help. A lot of other places have people all about money, don’t have their morals right. We sat down and had the same goals, I want to have that.”
This is a great comment, and IMO needs to be the basis of UM's new recruiting pitch. The whole 'NFL-U' thing is over. We haven't sent an AA to the NFL in ages. Other programs are NFL-U today.

But the Hall of Famers, the Rock, the legacies, going back 40 years to the '80s, those things persist. Along with the NFL Network personalities (Irvin, Sapp, JJ). Vilma on the UM BOT. A Rod close to the U. Miami as a city. The new NIL era. These things can sell.

Both 247 and Rivals reporting the visit went very well. Jacurri already on the way home; Bond has a later flight.

From their coach, via Rivals interview:

"We decided before the trip it would be non-football, we’re not talking to any coaches anywhere,” Lee said. “So we’ll check in with (Cane coaches and coaches from other programs) when everyone gets back home. The coaches know we’re here, and we will follow up with everybody tomorrow.”

Interesting note: Their coach, Willie Lee, has a son who is a UM grad...

After the morning event, they all headed over to campus and met up with some frat brothers from Omega Psi Phi (Lee and his son's frat). They never made it to the baseball game because the two kids were having such a good time walking around campus and hanging out.

This morning they went to South Beach to see the beach, etc and had a nice steak and lobster lunch before heading to the airport.

From Rivals:
Asked if the last two days helped the Canes’ chances of landing the pair, Lee had a one-word response.

“Absolutely,” he said.

Brown will announce his college decision Friday at 9:30 a.m.

Bond says his announcement could come at any time.

“I have no idea when I’ll do it yet,” he said.

Can I get this "way-too-early" and ridiculous "hot-take-so-I-can-say-I-was-first" prediction out of the way?

TVD starts 2022-2023, Jacurri starts 2024-2025, and Garcia never plays.

I'll be back in 4 years to bump this thread.
I can Garcia in the portal if he can’t beat out TVD

Advertisement
Can I get this "way-too-early" and ridiculous "hot-take-so-I-can-say-I-was-first" prediction out of the way?

TVD starts 2022-2023, Jacurri starts 2024-2025, and Garcia never plays.

I'll be back in 4 years to bump this thread.
I was thinking something Similar today. No way we hold on to Garcia and TVD. They are both TF technically. If Garcia doesn't win next year, I think he transfers out

Advertisement
This is a great comment, and IMO needs to be the basis of UM's new recruiting pitch. The whole 'NFL-U' thing is over. We haven't sent an AA to the NFL in ages. Other programs are NFL-U today.

But the Hall of Famers, the Rock, the legacies, going back 40 years to the '80s, those things persist. Along with the NFL Network personalities (Irvin, Sapp, JJ). Vilma on the UM BOT. A Rod close to the U. Miami as a city. The new NIL era. These things can sell.
Still currently #4 on active rosters. Still NFL U pedigree present. I get what you’re saying tho.

Still currently #4 on active rosters. Still NFL U pedigree present. I get what you’re saying tho.
This comment is delusional, imo. Who cares if we’re no. 4 in active rosters when the last all pro we sent to the league was recruited by larry coker. We aren’t close to other top programs in sending top talent to the league. The rest of the world knows already. We can keep yapping about 6th round talent or fix our pitch in a way that will be more compelling, at least until we improve our draft results.

This comment is delusional, imo. Who cares if we’re no. 4 in active rosters when the last all pro we sent to the league was recruited by larry coker. We aren’t close to other top programs in sending top talent to the league. The rest of the world knows already. We can keep yapping about 6th round talent or fix our pitch in a way that will be more compelling, at least until we improve our draft results.
I agree 💯. Good news is that’s about to change this year. Not many teams will have two first round picks. I think Brevin goes in the 2nd. Too many teams need a TE this year and the FAs are weak. Parsons has character concerns so top 10 isn’t out of the question for a DE. I know parsons is a rush DE but it’s a defensive guy getting pushed down.

Advertisement
Just noticed his profile pic on Twitter is him holding the world heavyweight champion belt. TAKE lol

Advertisement
I agree both won’t be here in 2-3 years. One will transfer. It does look like TVD is the favorite at the moment to start in 2022 but who knows.
TVD is the favorite to start in ‘22? LMGDAOOOOOOO. What a hot take!

We haven’t even played ‘21 yet. King will be our guy in ‘21. Garcia just got to campus, he’s a few days into his first spring. Given our history lashlee prolly won’t even be OC in ‘22 and all bets are off on who will be QB.

The idea TVD is ahead of Garcia for 2022 is amazing for its lack of foundation in anything.

What it means is, players are still being drafted from Miami. So your statement I replied to was false, that was the point of #4. I also said I get what you’re making a point for. That part is inaccurate tho, so I fify.

What it means is, players are still being drafted from Miami. So your statement I replied to was false, that was the point of #4. I also said I get what you’re making a point for. That part is inaccurate tho, so I fify.

I made a statement that you responded to, so you don’t need to tell me what I wrote.

I wrote:
The whole 'NFL-U' thing is over. We haven't sent an AA to the NFL in ages. Other programs are NFL-U today.

Nothing in my comment is ‘false.’ You can think what you want, but selling marginal guys on rosters when you’re competing with top programs is pointless. We haven’t had a position player All American in > a decade. We haven’t sent an all pro to the nfl in over a decade. My entire point was we still have a lot to sell. Responding with ‘but #4’ strikes me as exactly the sort of delusional stuff that costs us in recruiting. Our competitors have bags, full stadiums, better results on the field, more player successes in college, and higher round nfl picks who often perform better than our guys in the pros. If we want to compete with OSU, Bama, LSU, Clemson et al., we need to get honest with ourselves in order to get effective with our marketing.

Advertisement
Back