Jacurri Brown gaining steam as '22 QB

I see athleticism, size, arm-talent and the ability to make off-schedule/platform completions with accuracy; he certainly has all the tools to win a championship in today's game. The question is consistency, coachability, and does he love football?

Advertisement

I do NOT care if the kid threw for 5% completions last year, you call up whoever, fly a private jet up and with Lashlee, Simpson, Diaz, Thomas Davis, D'Eriq King and a duffle bag full of cash and sign him. Once he's here, try him at QB, WR, TE, DE, even Punter as a replacement for Hedley and see if he becomes the next f**king Marquette King but you get him!

But in all seriousness, if this kid plays with some better weapons I think he's SOLID. Imagine this kid playing at MNW.

Last edited:
Man rewatched his film. Brown looks like a prototype at WR or TE. Terrell Owens. His runs through traffic says not afraid of contact. If he's not a QB, don't see how he's not a great prospect anyhow. This is a kid you just take and worry about where he plays later.
Agree. Give him the Anquan Boldin treatment. Elite athlete. We need as many as we can get.

Look at all the recen playoff teams and the dudes slinging the rock are the goods. I’m not a qb guru or a talent evaluator so he question is does anyone in here see a player that can be a playoff caliber QB?

I do NOT care if the kid threw for 5% completions last year, you call up whoever, fly a private jet up and with Lashlee, Simpson, Diaz, Thomas Davis, D'Eriq King and a duffle bag full of cash and sign him. Once he's here, try him at QB, WR, TE, DE, even Punter as a replacement for Hedley and see if he becomes the next f**king Marquette King but you get him!

But in all seriousness, if this kid plays with some better weapons I think he's SOLID. Imagine this kid playing at MNW.
Day 1 give him a wildcat package and see where he goes from there. Definitely the type of athlete you take every class.

Advertisement
Look at all the recen playoff teams and the dudes slinging the rock are the goods. I’m not a qb guru or a talent evaluator so he question is does anyone in here see a player that can be a playoff caliber QB?
He needs a lot of polish. Don't know how anyone could look at him and see much other than his potential and his flaws.

What I see is an incredibly athlete and prototype specimen for QB, who if he becomes polished has that high ceiling physical ability (arm, legs). His form, mechanics, it's all a mess. Throws against his body, off balance, leaning back in a couple clips. His arm is likely stronger than you see because it's all arm for him, no mechanics. But the other thing I see is a kid who could likely play elsewhere at a high level. Find me another 6'4" 220 lb. HS junior who looks like a better TE or big WR physical prospect than this kid. He can clearly run. Don't know about contact or hands but there's time to watch and learn.

He needs a lot of polish. Don't know how anyone could look at him and see much other than his potential and his flaws.

What I see is an incredibly athlete and prototype specimen for QB, who if he becomes polished has that high ceiling physical ability (arm, legs). His form, mechanics, it's all a mess. Throws against his body, off balance, leaning back in a couple clips. His arm is likely stronger than you see because it's all arm for him, no mechanics. But the other thing I see is a kid who could likely play elsewhere at a high level. Find me another 6'4" 220 lb. HS junior who looks like a better TE or big WR physical prospect than this kid. He can clearly run. Don't know about contact or hands but there's time to watch and learn.

Your second paragraph is the key - “if” he becomes polished. It’s just not only a matter of “if” but also a matter of how long it may take him. How many QBs these days sit 3-4 years waiting their turn? Will he be willing to sit behind others and wait?

He’s a great looking athlete but I wouldn’t be going into this recruiting season with him as QB1 and ignoring others.

Reminds me a lot of Winston when he was at FSU. Winston was a much better passer but that's what stood out to me after the first few minutes of his film. Another comparison would be Anthony Brown who was at Boston College until this past year. I think he went to Oregon or something like that.

Advertisement
Your second paragraph is the key - “if” he becomes polished. It’s just not only a matter of “if” but also a matter of how long it may take him. How many QBs these days sit 3-4 years waiting their turn? Will he be willing to sit behind others and wait?

He’s a great looking athlete but I wouldn’t be going into this recruiting season with him as QB1 and ignoring others.
You seem to ignore the second part of my second paragraph.

In any case I haven’t said a word about how to prioritize him against other kids O don’t even know about. It’s early in the recruiting cycle. There’s nothing wrong with recruiting multiple kids.

Advertisement
You seem to ignore the second part of my second paragraph.

In any case I haven’t said a word about how to prioritize him against other kids O don’t even know about. It’s early in the recruiting cycle. There’s nothing wrong with recruiting multiple kids.

I didn't refer to it because it really didn't add anything to the point i was trying to make.

My response though - i don't take his commitment as a QB if i expect he'll need to change positions, unless you are ok with potentially punting at QB this cycle. Most top QBs commit early and rarely double up in the same class unless there's no depth at that school. If you're taking him as a QB, you probably aren't getting another.

Now if you feel TVD and Garcia will both stick around for another 2 years and are willing to take the chance, it could pay off. But with how quickly QBs bolt to the portal, i'm recruiting a QB i feel can play the position every **** year.

I didn't refer to it because it really didn't add anything to the point i was trying to make.

My response though - i don't take his commitment as a QB if i expect he'll need to change positions, unless you are ok with potentially punting at QB this cycle. Most top QBs commit early and rarely double up in the same class unless there's no depth at that school. If you're taking him as a QB, you probably aren't getting another.

Now if you feel TVD and Garcia will both stick around for another 2 years and are willing to take the chance, it could pay off. But with how quickly QBs bolt to the portal, i'm recruiting a QB i feel can play the position every **** year.
You’re asking a lot of unanswerable questions. IMO people are way over-thinking this. Kid looks like an elite athlete and winner. Take him. If you have another qb worth taking, take him too. It’s not that complicated. We took Grey Crow, David Thompson and Preston Dewey one year all at QB. None were good. It’s be a high class problem to recruit another kid good enough to push Brown to WR.

You’re asking a lot of unanswerable questions. IMO people are way over-thinking this. Kid looks like an elite athlete and winner. Take him. If you have another qb worth taking, take him too. It’s not that complicated. We took Grey Crow, David Thompson and Preston Dewey one year all at QB. None were good. It’s be a high class problem to recruit another kid good enough to push Brown to WR.

With limited ICs and so many transfers now, you have to analyze everything and manage your roster more closely than ever before. That means grades, locker room fit, position fit and flight risk......not just simply talent.

Advertisement
With limited ICs and so many transfers now, you have to analyze everything and manage your roster more closely than ever before. That means grades, locker room fit, position fit and flight risk......not just simply talent.
Now you’ve gone deep end and are just making things up to defend your argument. Do you have any reason to think this kid is anything but a locker room plus? Anything but a terrific addition to an 85 man roster? He’s by all accounts a leader, a great kid, and smart. It doesn’t disrupt your team to hsve someone lose out in competition — that’s what happens when you hsve competition. You have zero basis to mention flight risk with him any more than any other kid we recruit. Grades? Why mention that if you don’t know anything here? If your complicated analysis leads us to less talent, it’s not helping.

Advertisement
Back