2024 Jacory “C2” Barney Jr ATH From Palmetto [commits to Nebraska]

I don’t think I’m overreacting, but you’re of course entitled to your viewpoint. I didn’t say it is a death knell to the program, but Miami expected him, he got a bag, Miami wouldn’t/couldn’t match.

To me, that signals an end to the honeymoon phase of we can simply recruit the way out of this mess. The fact that it isn’t Jojo Trader is exactly the point.

In the end, things are going to be fine, just like they always are.
So we should have over paid for a 160 pound WR because he’s from SFL and really wasn’t on anybody’s radar (except Nebraska’s) until a month ago?

Advertisement
It’s early but Beard not looking great so far

Should’ve had Trader locked up, McCoy and this kid by now

Last edited:
If Mario is recruiting in segments like this, then I can unequivocally tell u this is how u get to building a team in 5 yrs.

It was a multi year rebuild either way not saying I agree recruit in segments but if it’s all about money these days with kids then we have no choice. Miami doesn’t have the funds and long standing good ole boy networks established like the top dogs do.

The portal can help speed some stuff up but even in that you have to spend money or mail your evals.

I never saw this less than a 3yr rebuild. This roster was disgusting with its talent level and culture. Mario needs 8-9 wins and good bowl showing. That’s just the trajectory we have to be on for this thing to work.

It’s early but Beard not looking great so far

Should’ve had Trader locked up and this kid by now

Beard wasn’t good his first go around. Wasn’t good at his other stops and no top program outside of Miami would hire Beard. That tells you all you need to know about where Beard sits in the college coaching rankings…….low.

Miami keeps making poor hires with their staffs over and over and over again. They are cheap and don’t want to spend 1million dollars on assistants like big programs.

Winning brings money but money must be invested to start winning.

Advertisement
Orrrrrrrrrrr WRs wanna see what’s what. U do realize that in just the past 4 NFL drafts, Rhule can name drop about 3 WRs he coached that wound up as top 3 round draft picks, don’t u? Mario can’t name drop one, & I specifically & directly told this board my concern is the narrative about him & WRs, & that narrative was hella validated last season.

We show better, & I’m sure better will be rewarded. Regardless, a kid like Barney who’s a 4* b/c the microfibers of chin hairs ain’t moving me right now. Land who we were predicted to land along the Def Line, have a good season & everything should be fine. HOWEVER, if we struggle along the Def Line recruiting, then….yeah.
I just figured the staff knew the narrative around them.and WRs and would spend a little more at that position to help offset that in the short term. At least until the games get played

So we should have over paid for a 160 pound WR because he’s from SFL and really wasn’t on anybody’s radar (except Nebraska’s) until a month ago?
Just using this one as a placeholder to state, I generally won’t go back-and-forth a bunch of times or need the last word on these things. I’ll state my perspective, with my reasons why, and some will disagree and think I’m stupid and that’s absolutely fine.

I added a follow-up and have made my thoughts on it known. None of which indicated anything about a value judgment on the particular player.

I enjoy the different perspectives and always appreciate a reply questioning or pushing to think through all the angles. Hope you’re great.

It’s early but Beard not looking great so far Should’ve had Trader locked up, McCoy and this kid by now
He was never going to be a big splash or shiny hire. He’s a grinder. Once this offense gets established & relationships lengthen, he should be fine. Hope so 🤞🏼

Just using this one as a placeholder to state, I generally won’t go back-and-forth a bunch of times or need the last word on these things. I’ll state my perspective, with my reasons why, and some will disagree and think I’m stupid and that’s absolutely fine.

I added a follow-up and have made my thoughts on it known. None of which indicated anything about a value judgment on the particular player.

I enjoy the different perspectives and always appreciate a reply questioning or pushing to think through all the angles. Hope you’re great.
I wasn’t trying to be a smart ***. Just trying to add some perspective. I’ve mentioned that I appreciate your knowledge and have learned a lot from your play breakdowns.

I made this comment based on your perspective and others that seem to believe we should have outbid Nebraska for this kid. NO ONE knows every intimate detail of what goes on behind the closed doors at the Hecht except those directly involved.

Whether or not you respond is obviously your choice.

Advertisement
Beard wasn’t good his first go around. Wasn’t good at his other stops and no top program outside of Miami would hire Beard. That tells you all you need to know about where Beard sits in the college coaching rankings…….low.

Miami keeps making poor hires with their staffs over and over and over again. They are cheap and don’t want to spend 1million dollars on assistants like big programs.

Winning brings money but money must be invested to start winning.
I think they opened the vault and gave Mario a blank check first go around and he was able to hire who ever he wanted at whatever price, then he basically fired his entire staff after 1 season, they probably clammed up after and were like this guy is lawst. This guy interviews for months and EVERY interview was wrong?! lol..

I was told we passed on Hawkins who we were on for months because this kid is better and south florida 3 star is like a 5 star.. That we are doing evals so we passed on 10.3 verified speed and florida got him only because we didnt want him and barney took his spot. If that is what is sold then you better close on the kid.. Cant now come back and say no biggie, lol..

IMG_8905.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
So what changed with this kid? He claimed he fell in love with Miamk after his OV and then decides he wants to go to Nebraska? Lol I'm not buying needing to win for kids who pick Nebraska.
He’s doing what’s best for his family, moving 2000 miles away in a lonely dorm where he won’t know anyone.
He can’t get up and go home form home cooking or family , can’t go to his favorite buddies house or hang out with his friends.
This time when he arrives at airport they’ll will be one maybe two unknowns with a sign not knowing what he looks like.
He’ll be given dorm directions and a ton is schedules , be dropped off at dorm given room number and oh HAVE A CORNHUSKING DAY , BY have a great day.

That’s when the reality will HIT , I’M ALL ALONE.

The portal clock starts ticking, while he stares out widow at NOTHING.

GOCANES

Losing this kid to Nebraska sucks, but if he is REALLY a priority for the U, then we keep crootin him to the end. In the meantime, what are Mario's other plans to fill this spot? 5 months to signing day.

Advertisement
Back