2024 Jacory “C2” Barney Jr ATH From Palmetto [commits to Nebraska]

Yawn. Another sofla kid gonna transfer from Neb. In a year or two.

Advertisement
It’s early but Beard not looking great so far

Should’ve had Trader locked up, McCoy and this kid by now
This is flat out ridiculous. NO ONE was going to have Trader locked up by now because he has a family issue he's dealing with, reason why he hasn't taken any OVs. And Beard has gotten us and fought to keep Chance. You can whoever else but putting this on Beard is not it man.

It was a multi year rebuild either way not saying I agree recruit in segments but if it’s all about money these days with kids then we have no choice. Miami doesn’t have the funds and long standing good ole boy networks established like the top dogs do.

The portal can help speed some stuff up but even in that you have to spend money or mail your evals.

I never saw this less than a 3yr rebuild. This roster was disgusting with its talent level and culture. Mario needs 8-9 wins and good bowl showing. That’s just the trajectory we have to be on for this thing to work.

Nah, I’m tired of goal post being moved only to support this school. There’s no way in **** it should take more than 3 yrs to get results. Yes, we’ve been mediocre for 20 yrs. U know who’s been mediocre for longer?

Tennessee.
From 1999-2020 (158-116 or .576 win%) compared to us 2003-2021 (147-91 or .602 win%)

YET,
Heupel 1st yr 7-6 (taking over a 3-7 UTenn team)
Heupel 2nd yr 11-2

Mario 1st yr 5-7 (taking over a 7-6 Miami team)
Mario 2nd yr TBD

Josh’s initial contract: $4m/yr, a pay raise of $5m/yr after the 2021-22 season, & a pay raise of $9m/yr after the 2022-23 season.

Mario’s initial contract? $8m/yr

I’m sick & tired of these excuses, enough already. If it takes more than 3 yrs to get this program to winning at least 10+ games, then we are absolutely doomed. U can’t sell “I’m building” to some 17-18 young men after another mediocre season. That falls on deaf ears. So that’ll work when u first get there, that’ll work the following yr, but if we’re still winning 7-8 games by yr 3, that class of 2025, 2026 is gonna be like nahhh, I’m good, which will bring us right back to the “we don’t have enough talent” excuse.

I will also say this, Jacory already loved Nebraska and was gonna commit there. He balled out at our camp the other day & got the offer, which made him rethink his decision. The NIL bag swayed his decision back to the corn, plus he's already tight with Deuce, Corey and Willis. Daylen Russell was gonna commit to Nebraska till he got the UM offer. Evan Cooper is from Richmond Heights & played at Palmetto, plus they got ex Homestead HC PJ Simpson on staff now as assistant DL coach so they're making their presence heavy down south
Good...cause most of the down south talent is overrated.

I didnt know PJ Simpson was there to. Thats a good look for em.

They could take Daylen Russell off our hands please.....

Advertisement
Nah, I’m tired of goal post being moved only to support this school. There’s no way in **** it should take more than 3 yrs to get results. Yes, we’ve been mediocre for 20 yrs. U know who’s been mediocre for longer?

Tennessee.
From 1999-2020 (158-116 or .576 win%) compared to us 2003-2021 (147-91 or .602 win%)

YET,
Heupel 2nd yr 11-2

Mario 2nd yr TBD

Josh’s initial contract: $4m/yr, a pay raise of $5m/yr after the 2021-22 season, & a pay raise of $9m/yr after the 2022-23 season.

I’m sick & tired of these excuses, enough already. If it takes more than 3 yrs to get this program to winning at least 10+ games, then we are absolutely doomed. U can’t sell “I’m building” to some 17-18 young men after another mediocre season. That falls on deaf ears. So that’ll work when u first get there, that’ll work the following yr, but if we’re still winning 7-8 games by yr 3, that class of 2025, 2026 is gonna be like nahhh, I’m good, which will bring us right back to the “we don’t have enough talent” excuse.
We need one of those circular diagrams that always takes us to the same places.
(1) New coach will see instant results.
- after no results, tell people they were crazy for thinking results would be instant.
(2) Claim new coach needs his own guys.
-new coach struggles to land elite classes 1 after another.
(3) Queue up the stars don't matter debate.
(4) pick a side on whomst fault the losing is on, coaches or players.
(5) fly the banners and start back to step 1.

Someone posted on this thread before his announcement, that Nebraska dropped a big bag
If that's the case, good luck at Nebraska kid. Dropping bags on 3 stars to keep them from going to Nebraska would be worse than losing said kid to Nebraska because of a bag.

Tennessee.

YET,
Heupel 2nd yr 11-2

Mario 2nd yr TBD

So, by your logic! Mario still has this year and next year to prove you wrong? Year 3 right?

Advertisement
Good...cause most of the down south talent is overrated.

I didnt know PJ Simpson was there to. Thats a good look for em.

They could take Daylen Russell off our hands please.....
I’m still holding out hope that Russell is a Raheem Buxton situation.

I wasn’t trying to be a smart ***. Just trying to add some perspective. I’ve mentioned that I appreciate your knowledge and have learned a lot from your play breakdowns.

I made this comment based on your perspective and others that seem to believe we should have outbid Nebraska for this kid. NO ONE knows every intimate detail of what goes on behind the closed doors at the Hecht except those directly involved.

Whether or not you respond is obviously your choice.
Always enjoy a different perspective. It makes me think my position and consider different angles.

To me, this wasn’t a reflection of the exact player, but in the process to get here with an accumulation of several things. It was an eye-opener to me at the distance still to travel in certain aspects with the program.

Appreciate the kind words.

We need one of those circular diagrams that always takes us to the same places.
(1) New coach will see instant results.
- after no results, tell people they were crazy for thinking results would be instant.
(2) Claim new coach needs his own guys.
-new coach struggles to land elite classes 1 after another.
(3) Queue up the stars don't matter debate.
(4) pick a side on whomst fault the losing is on, coaches or players.
(5) fly the banners and start back to step 1.
(6) Limit new coaching pool to candidates with Miami ties

Advertisement
So, by your logic! Mario still has this year and next year to prove you wrong? Year 3 right?

I’ve already said by yr 3, it’ll tell me all I need to know, but next yr will typically give an indication b/c history tells me all the good coaches, not even great, see a major turn around in yr 2, w/ a few needing 3 yrs. There’s absolutely no excuse not to win at least 8 games this season, in the regular season.

I’ve already said by yr 3, it’ll tell me all I need to know, but next yr will typically give an indication b/c history tells me all the good coaches, not even great, see a major turn around in yr 2, w/ a few needing 3 yrs. There’s absolutely no excuse not to win at least 8 games this season, in the regular season.
I agree with you on win total! And, I think we have enough on the roster to be competitive with everyone on our schedule.

Advertisement
Mario better get hella momentum with his inherited "NFL" qb THIS year because that '24 schedule breaking in new qb @UF, @ND, and @Clemson is not the way you draw it up..

In today's cfb game, you should be able to know what what you have in season 2. These guys have the ability to flip a roster overnight. We should be able to trust what our eyes see this year imo.

FWIW, Josh Pate, after his recent visit to Miami and interviews with players and coaches, said that the staff feels 'good' about this year but 'real good' about next year. I inferred that the expectation is that next year is when they expect to have brought in their guys, and placed their imprint on the program.

Advertisement
Back