2024 Jacory “C2” Barney Jr ATH From Palmetto [commits to Nebraska]

Advertisement
I know some of all ya’ll try to win chit into existence, but there’s two things I will never understand that many CIS posters tend to do:

1. Spew the narrative of “Cane Lock.”

2. Chit on posters who give a realistic view of trends that happens

Regardless, Barney is the least of my concerns. Now, once I see what Lightfoot, Stewart, Scott, Breland, Trader, Stone, etc (i.e whales) then I’ll be concerned. Actually, if imma keep it solid, I won’t be concerned, I’ll be something else; hopefully, moving fwd the whales we were promised come to fruition & a recruitment like this will be a footnote.
I'm sure you've figured this out by now - Most posters aren't fans of the particular team forum they're on, just fans of the ability to have a platform to complain... Internet gave people who generally would never go out much or be heard an avenue to "be heard"..... Conflict and controversy are an addiction ....

It’s a win win for certain posters. If we land him “ oh yay , another 3 star for 3 star university“. If we miss it’s “ lmao , we can’t land anybody , what a mess “.

I said this in a post a week ago. Which will be worst, landing a 3 star, or a three star decommiting. 😂 and we still have 3 more months of this ****. 😂

Advertisement
Not necessarily. Just have the NiL allocated for different needs. He got the better offer and stood where we were. He’s good but we weren’t going to overpay.
I’m not saying we don’t have a good NIL situation. I’m saying we just went 5-7 and have to overpay kids at this point to jumpstart things quicker. If the pot is say 10-15M, an extra few thousand to an outside receiver (a position we can’t recruit to save our lives) should not be the difference in landing him vs him going to Nebraska. It feels like things are tighter.

I know some of all ya’ll try to win chit into existence, but there’s two things I will never understand that many CIS posters tend to do:

1. Spew the narrative of “Cane Lock.”

2. Chit on posters who give a realistic view of trends that happens

Regardless, Barney is the least of my concerns. Now, once I see what Lightfoot, Stewart, Scott, Breland, Trader, Stone, etc (i.e whales) then I’ll be concerned. Actually, if imma keep it solid, I won’t be concerned, I’ll be something else; hopefully, moving fwd the whales we were promised come to fruition & a recruitment like this will be a footnote.
Spot on

I’m shocked. Huge fan of this kid but all I’ve even been looking at is the DL recruiting for a couple of reasons

1. We gotta flip the script on our history at the position

2. We are battling the elites of the elite for it

We will find out about the health of our recruiting and NIL through that process thinking long term

Don’t want to get too in the weeds about one guy here and there, trying to think long term macro level

Screenshot 2023-07-01 at 6.56.09 PM.png

Advertisement
I will also say this, Jacory already loved Nebraska and was gonna commit there. He balled out at our camp the other day & got the offer, which made him rethink his decision. The NIL bag swayed his decision back to the corn, plus he's already tight with Deuce, Corey and Willis. Daylen Russell was gonna commit to Nebraska till he got the UM offer. Evan Cooper is from Richmond Heights & played at Palmetto, plus they got ex Homestead HC PJ Simpson on staff now as assistant DL coach so they're making their presence heavy down south

Advertisement
I’d love to hear where our NIL money is going. I don’t see many guys on the commitment list commanding much.

Or clarify what is pertinent?
D Money has explained several times where the NIL money is allocated this cycle. Let’s hope the coaching staff delivers.

Advertisement
That sounds like everything that we’ve seen on this board for 15 years. It’s just excuses. This was a whiff and we also backed off Hawkins to take this kid. 0-2.

I'm not saying it wasn't a whiff you idiot.

I'm just saying in today's landscape with the NIL…With the NIL and when the whole industry is fooled like that, there is likely a reason.

If we don’t have a significantly better season this year we are gonna be mired in mediocrity for the next half decade. Oh vey

Advertisement
Back