2024 Jacory “C2” Barney Jr ATH From Palmetto [commits to Nebraska]

Barney’s stock was climbing in recent months. Perhaps, not on recruiting sites but in the football world. More schools were recruiting him. Now, with this commitment, I expect other programs to be more aggressive. Let’s see how he produces his senior year but I’m happy we got him.
I thought it was telling to see Nebraska and A&M involved early. Nebraska has always had that weird knack of finding a few guys really early down here and pulling them and they produce

Anytime A&M is involved for OOS skill position guys you gotta take notice. Being in Texas and wanting to go to Florida for a lower ranked kid is a huge green flag for the type of player Barney is

Advertisement
I thought it was telling to see Nebraska and A&M involved early. Nebraska has always had that weird knack of finding a few guys really early down here and pulling them and they produce

Anytime A&M is involved for OOS skill position guys you gotta take notice. Being in Texas and wanting to go to Florida for a lower ranked kid is a huge green flag for the type of player Barney is
Coley still put in work for 8-4

My alma mater. I am friendly with some coaches there and let’s just say, they are seeing what Mario is building and like it. Hopefully, LT can have a massive year and build more momentum with Palmetto.
Thanks for the insight Mr Palmetto Panther.

Maybe.
But people are saying the same thing about every low ranking recruit we are getting.
It’s not going to be true for all of them. ****, it won’t be true for most of them.

Come on now, this is recruiting. Every low or mid ranked kid flew under the radar, developed late, and is our next NFL draft pick.

I'm not saying a thing about this recruit, but the way recruiting on this board works is as follows. Stars only matter when we've got a highly rated class. When we don't, the recruiting websites don't know a thing.

We'll get who we can get. On our staffs big board, they may be the top choice or the tenth. I've just kind of come to accept who we get, be happy for them, and some day down the road we'll see how they are on the field.

Advertisement

Miami is trending on the 247Sports Crystal Ball for local receiver Jacory Barney Jr. out of Palmetto. Nebraska and Texas A&M also got June officials.

“My visit this weekend to the University of Miami was top-notch man,” Barney stated. “Like it was really just like wow this is literally my hometown and I haven’t even seen this side of Miami just the sightseeing and every moment was top-tier for real.

“What continues to stand out is the determination in the staff and coaches to bring The U back and to create that flow of really keeping all the talent home and having the right people around to do that.”

This isn’t true

People destroyed the take of Russell and to some extent Judd as well

Not sure I’ve ever seen the board as anti a commitment as it was over Russell

I get your point though in general
It is true. While there may have been more negativity than usual towards Russell and Judd there were still plenty of people saying those same exact things about them. There were plenty of comparisons of Russell to Klancey and Donald amongst other smaller size DT and there was even some comparison of Judd to Herbert. There was more than a few saying both would end up 4 stars. So yeah we do that for every low ranking recruit.

Advertisement
Would we take both Barney and McCoy?
I’m not on the coaching staff but I assume they would take both of their commitments but we’re not taking them both! **** u talm bout man!?!🧐
Scott Hall Sport GIF by WWE

Hey yo! Hit the button

Would we take both Barney and McCoy?
I hear McCoy is a different animal. Pretty sure he is a top 5 in priority for our staff but not sure where he ranks. I think there are 2-3 takes at WR no matter what but room starting to get full. Some of our targets better not play around because the train will leave.

Advertisement
I hear McCoy is a different animal. Pretty sure he is a top 5 in priority for our staff but not sure where he ranks. I think there are 2-3 takes at WR no matter what but room starting to get full. Some of our targets better not play around because the train will leave.
Top 5 at WR, CB, ATH or overall? Just trying to get a better understanding of where he stands with them.

I would. We’re in no position to turn down WRs.

Those two + Chance + Trader (depending on position) is a great haul considering the circumstances.
Not the staff but i personally would take BOFFUM if they want in.

We will figure out soon because some targets will be dropping off the board soon...

and on Mccoy we would have to actually flip him seeng he is at FSU...so he is kid that can buy time saying he is waiting to see us on o.

Personally i like Trader as a top cb if he were to play cb.. his preference appears to be wr...Mccoy i was all about as a cb as well...but these guys are making so much plays at wr.

Barney might just well take the Tank kid spot since he is trending UF..to play that Slot/Tank Dell role.

Last edited:

We will figure out soon because some targets will be dropping off the board soon...

and on Mccoy we would have to actually flip him seeng he is at FSU...so he is kid that can buy time saying he is waiting to see us on o.

Personally i like Trader as a top cb if he were to play cb.. his preference appears to be cb...Mccoy i was all about as a cb as well...but these guys are making so much plays at wr.

Barney might just well take the Tank kid spot since he is trending UF..to play that Slot/Tank Dell role.
One last cycle with annual counters off, might as well take advantage.

Advertisement
It is true. While there may have been more negativity than usual towards Russell and Judd there were still plenty of people saying those same exact things about them. There were plenty of comparisons of Russell to Klancey and Donald amongst other smaller size DT and there was even some comparison of Judd to Herbert. There was more than a few saying both would end up 4 stars. So yeah we do that for every low ranking recruit.
Ok so both of us just said things that are true

So what’s the problem

And some people are sunshine all day and some are negative all day those people don’t count to me

Or maybe we just are debating the “we” part. I didn’t say those things. You definitely didn’t. I prefer not to look at the fringe posters here when making statements about how the board feels in general because then it’s just circular debates that say nothing

Last edited:

Personally i like Trader as a top cb if he were to play cb.. his preference appears to be cb...Mccoy i was all about as a cb as well...but these guys are making so much plays at wr.

@gogeta4 can you confirm the bolded? Is that a typo?

Regarding Barney and McCoy, agree take them both, use the no class cap rule now to right the ship. They will space themselves out or move to other positions based on how they perform in practice. I have zero doubt they'll all have multiple chances to play and start as freshmen or RS freshmen given our lack of depth at WR and DB.

p.s., Coach knows this. But he needs to pull the class together without waiting on guys like Smith, then add them as +1s. If we're good enough to have a bunch of elite kids wanting in come December-to-February, then we make the room at that time.

@gogeta4 can you confirm the bolded? Is that a typo?

Regarding Barney and McCoy, agree take them both, use the no class cap rule now to right the ship. They will space themselves out or move to other positions based on how they perform in practice. I have zero doubt they'll all have multiple chances to play and start as freshmen or RS freshmen given our lack of depth at WR and DB.

p.s., Coach knows this. But he needs to pull the class together without waiting on guys like Smith, then add them as +1s. If we're good enough to have a bunch of elite kids wanting in come December-to-February, then we make the room at that time.
was a typo.

If those local guys want in...take em

Advertisement
Back