2024 Jacory “C2” Barney Jr ATH From Palmetto [commits to Nebraska]

Advertisement
The difference to me is how someone is willing to use their weight. Barney has a few highlights with contested catches, which is the thing that Mark Pope never seemed to do. To me contested catches speaks to toughness and desire. Barney also played CB and QB. He could not play those positions if he was not tough, especially on QB runs.

Lynn Swann who is one of the greatest receivers of all time was relatively small. But he made every contested catch and went over the middle back when that meant a concussion. But he was tough and had great desire. I’m not comparing anyone to Swann, but I think weight alone is a false measurement.
Lynn Swann was definitely tough, but also acrobatic & smart protecting himself. Could have been an Olympic caliber athlete in sprints & long jump. Barney with the toughness of Santana Moss or Roscoe Parish would be nice as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Rankings whires going to be ****ed about it but he’s a **** good player. Kind of kid that goes to Louisville/WVU/etc and we’re scratching our heads at how we let him get away.
I’m a bit of a star **** but am not concerned about the pickup at all. Like you said he’s certainly underrated and has verifiable speed. I like that despite being on the skinnier side, he’s not afraid to use his body and he wins way more 50/50 balls than he should.

What I don’t see him as, however, is a game-changing WR. He’s another nice complementary piece. We’re missing the Drelon Miller of the class, the alpha that has it all and a guy that makes the entire defense pay attention to where he is at all times on the field. Unfortunately that’s the position that we will continue to struggle the most with until points are put on the board in the fall.

Hopefully the staff figures he can put on some weight without affecting his burst, and he should see a small bump in the rankings (top 300 player with a good senior year?) by the time he enrolls.

I’m a bit of a star **** but am not concerned about the pickup at all. Like you said he’s certainly underrated and as verifiable speed. I like that despite being on the skinnier side, he’s not afraid to use his body and he wins way more 50/50 balls than he should.

What I don’t see him as, however, is a game-changing WR. He’s another nice complementary piece. We’re missing the Drelon Miller of the class, and unfortunately that’s the position that we will continue to struggle the most with until points are out on the board in the fall.

Hopefully the staff figures he can put on some weight without affecting his burst, and he should see a small bump in the rankings (top 300 player with a good senior year?) by the time he enrolls.
Chicken or egg. Cant get elite wide receivers u less we have an elite offense. Cant have an elite offense without elite players.

Ergo there is no chance forever more at elite wide receivers.

Advertisement
Chicken or egg. Cant get elite wide receivers u less we have an elite offense. Cant have an elite offense without elite players.

Ergo there is no chance forever more at elite wide receivers.
Maybe, but I believe we have enough pieces on this roster to change that. I wholeheartedly believe Colbie Young can be a 1st-Team All-ACC WR. I really think we stole one here and an excited to see what gains he’s made in the off-season.

Restrepo can be as reliable as Berrios was, so long as he’s healthy. He’s a technician and knows how to get open. Along with some younger burners and Harrell’s take-the-top-off ability, Dawson has enough toys to manufacture a respectable passing attack. 30ppg really isn’t too hard in today’s type of game, and that should be enough for some of these elite guys to come.

Film says he’s a take…nice acceleration off the LOS…hands catcher which imo is a big deal at such a young age….pure football player as evidenced by playing multiple positions…also appears that the 6’0 height listing is true, and could be selling him a bit short because the photo of him and Mario would say that he’s about 6’1 at least.

Advertisement
till UM can get the Jeremiah Smiths' of the world, they better do a good job of getting the next Tank Dells and Zay Flowers of the world, and run a system that will then develop them. This is where Shannon Dawson is so key.

If they can do this, then you can get back into the mix for the 5-star wideouts. Last years Gattastrophe was not just downright unwatchable, it was unsellable from a recruiting standpoint...

till UM can get the Jeremiah Smiths' of the world, they better do a good job of getting the next Tank Dells and Zay Flowers of the world, and run a system that will then develop them. This is where Shannon Dawson is so key.

If they can do this, then you can get back into the mix for the 5-star wideouts. Last years Gattastrophe was not just downright unwatchable, it was unsellable from a recruiting standpoint...
100% agree with this, i think ray and robby will prove this if used correctly.

Don’t see it with this one tho, would love to be wrong

Advertisement
Back