2024 Jacory “C2” Barney Jr ATH From Palmetto [commits to Nebraska]

@DMoney from the 6/20 Bank (Video version)
  • Pete saw him last year, needs to put on weight on, speed not a concern, he's lanky, best player on the field next to Robbie W
  • Peta was told then he was someone to watch out for
  • D$ said he has good size/length
  • Versatility key
  • A&M wants him bad
  • 4* player so not exactly a nobody
  • Miami saw him at camp, said he was a lot better than they thought
  • One of those players that become All-$EC or All Big 10 and we ask how did he get away
  • Became a priority after seeing him at camp

Yeah he’s light - 160 pounds at 6 feet reminds me too much of Mark Pope - but after Devonta Smith crushed everyone I guess it’s just how you can develop

Advertisement
Yeah he’s light - 160 pounds at 6 feet reminds me too much of Mark Pope - but after Devonta Smith crushed everyone I guess it’s just how you can develop
Pope had dinosaur arms and lacked true functional football speed, suddenness, etc.. This kid is nothing like Pope save for the weight.

Might be a race between Barney and Mack to see who commits first

1687473210817.png

Advertisement
The difference to me is how someone is willing to use their weight. Barney has a few highlights with contested catches, which is the thing that Mark Pope never seemed to do. To me contested catches speaks to toughness and desire. Barney also played CB and QB. He could not play those positions if he was not tough, especially on QB runs.

Lynn Swann who is one of the greatest receivers of all time was relatively small. But he made every contested catch and went over the middle back when that meant a concussion. But he was tough and had great desire. I’m not comparing anyone to Swann, but I think weight alone is a false measurement.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Aren’t they compiled by nonsense like fan votes, J? Pretty meaningless.
Geez. I honestly don’t know anything about them over there just the little tidbits I see posted here

Between that and their NIL estimator….it’s like hey I get it, differentiation and all….but cmon

Advertisement
Nice pick up. I have said it before but ill say it again. This staffs recruiting runs circles around anything we've seen in the last 15 years.

Previous staffs would have only now reached out to this kid now if at all. Only after they put all their eggs in the 5 star local kids baskets. Not realizing they weren't likely to commit to Miami.

Thats why kids like this would turn us away and show no loyalty.

But this staff has stayed on the kid, made him feel like a priority while still leaving the door open for the big boys to jump in later on.

They've made the Miami offer meaningful again. If you get offered it means they are going to recruit the **** out of you.

PLEASE WIN ON THE FIELD MIAMI IS AS CLOSE TO BEING BACK AS I'VE EVER FELT

Nice pick up. I have said it before but ill say it again. This staffs recruiting runs circles around anything we've seen in the last 15 years.

Previous staffs would have only now reached out to this kid now if at all. Only after they put all their eggs in the 5 star local kids baskets. Not realizing they weren't likely to commit to Miami.

Thats why kids like this would turn us away and show no loyalty.

But this staff has stayed on the kid, made him feel like a priority while still leaving the door open for the big boys to jump in later on.

They've made the Miami offer meaningful again. If you get offered it means they are going to recruit the **** out of you.

PLEASE WIN ON THE FIELD MIAMI IS AS CLOSE TO BEING BACK AS I'VE EVER FELT
I think you are giving Manny way too much credit here. He would still be chasing the local 5 star and would not reach out to this kid til early November at the earliest.

Advertisement
Back