Jacolby Spells Jr HL

We are going to have 3 of our CB's leave as well after this season, maybe even 4 if Couch balls tf out. This should be a lay up with T-Rob at the helm. We need 3 CB's MINIMUM and 4 if Couch does indeed leave or atleast 3 and a veteran GT, and these 2 MUST be 2 of them.
Man I forgot about that. With blades couch and tyrique that group could be sneaky good. But Ivey and blades are out of eligibility. Couch can leave. Stevenson most likely out. Then you got Clarke dunson curtis(tbd) and freshman. Could be dangerous

Advertisement
If we push now we probably get him. He’s a bit under the radar and being that the SEC territory has a bunch of DB talent we could def keep this kid him with Earl and Trevell.

I was watching Earl Little's tape. Then thought who is #6. He's a beast. Hope we land this kid. Elite player

Man I forgot about that. With blades couch and tyrique that group could be sneaky good. But Ivey and blades are out of eligibility. Couch can leave. Stevenson most likely out. Then you got Clarke dunson curtis(tbd) and freshman. Could be dangerous

Blades and Ivey get a free year of eligibility with the Covid thing. I think they do at least. I dont think it has to be used the next year but I could be wrong on that

Advertisement
After he dropped his Top 5 this week, Rivals UGA site got an interview with him:

UGASports: Tell us about any contact you’ve had with Georgia.

Spells: “I’ve talked to the Georgia coaches a few times, mostly with Coach Armiento (Bryant Goss-Armiento, defensive graduate assistant). He just calls in and checks to see how’s everything going, and stuff like that.”

UGASports: Do you ever correspond with recent American Heritage guys who went to Georgia, such as Sony Michel, Isaiah McKenzie, or Tyson Campbell?

Spells: “Yes, I’ve worked out with those guys a few times—but we didn’t really talk about Georgia, other schools, or anything like that. They are all really cool guys. Since we all went to American Heritage, we have a connection.”

UGASports: Simply, how do you feel about Georgia overall? Is it a place where you can see yourself visiting?

Spells: “I love Georgia! They're up there in my top schools list. I watched Georgia football growing up. They're one of my favorite teams. And, yes, when I start making my visits, I’d love to visit Georgia.”

UGASports: What’s one thing you’ve learned about the Georgia football program?

Spells: “They produce a lot of great defensive backs.”

UGASports: Jacolby, exactly what are you looking for in a school?

Spells: “I want to go where I know I’ll play, and to a place that feels like home to me. I want to go where I can really show the school exactly why they decided to recruit me in the first place"

After he dropped his Top 5 this week, Rivals UGA site got an interview with him:

UGASports: Tell us about any contact you’ve had with Georgia.

Spells: “I’ve talked to the Georgia coaches a few times, mostly with Coach Armiento (Bryant Goss-Armiento, defensive graduate assistant). He just calls in and checks to see how’s everything going, and stuff like that.”

UGASports: Do you ever correspond with recent American Heritage guys who went to Georgia, such as Sony Michel, Isaiah McKenzie, or Tyson Campbell?

Spells: “Yes, I’ve worked out with those guys a few times—but we didn’t really talk about Georgia, other schools, or anything like that. They are all really cool guys. Since we all went to American Heritage, we have a connection.”

UGASports: Simply, how do you feel about Georgia overall? Is it a place where you can see yourself visiting?

Spells: “I love Georgia! They're up there in my top schools list. I watched Georgia football growing up. They're one of my favorite teams. And, yes, when I start making my visits, I’d love to visit Georgia.”

UGASports: What’s one thing you’ve learned about the Georgia football program?

Spells: “They produce a lot of great defensive backs.”

UGASports: Jacolby, exactly what are you looking for in a school?

Spells: “I want to go where I know I’ll play, and to a place that feels like home to me. I want to go where I can really show the school exactly why they decided to recruit me in the first place"

My biggest takeaway was that a GA is leading his recruitment. May not be high on their bag board yet.

Advertisement
Sounds like he’s going to UGA if they want him, seems like he’s a plan b for them tho.

It’s UGAsports doing the interview... of course it’s gonna sound like he’s going to UGA lmao. Let him do a canessport, crimson tide sport, or any school in his top 5... and it will sound like he’s going there too. My boy’s nephew, who’s being heavily recruited, said “ The recruiting process is funny cause they eat everything and it’s easy to mess with these people head. **** is funny.” That’s how these kids think.

Advertisement
It’s UGAsports doing the interview... of course it’s gonna sound like he’s going to UGA lmao. Let him do a canessport, crimson tide sport, or any school in his top 5... and it will sound like he’s going there too. My boy’s nephew, who’s being heavily recruited, said “ The recruiting process is funny cause they eat everything and it’s easy to mess with these people head. **** is funny.” That’s how these kids think.

Lol didn't he do a Canes interview the other day and say we were second in his recruitment? I feel you though these interviews are always twisted, on one side you got a reporter thats trying to pry answers out of you and twist words the way that helps his piece, and on the other side you got kids who love attention so they're too afraid to step on anyone's toes, so they're never straight up with their answers. Basically 85% of the interviews are a waste of time and have no actually substance.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back