Jacolby George: Everything came together because of Kevin Beard

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator

Nobody made a bigger leap in 2023 than WR Jacolby George. After totaling 313 yards and 1 TD through his first two years at Miami, George exploded for 864 yards and 8 TDs in 2023. He hopes to make another jump this year and spoke to the CanesInSight Podcast about his development, Cam Ward and more:

On why he improved last year: Everything came together with me because of my receiver coach coach, KB (Kevin Beard). He helped me understand how to move on after you fail...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
Talented kid that has no choice but to step up or step out. Good to see it appears he’s chosen to step up

He had some rough moments for sure but I think it’s ok to acknowledge he’s actually come a long way as well

Also on Cam “he came in and communicated with his receivers”

Amber Riley Tea GIF

Last edited:
Advertisement

On his relationship with Canes Connection: They helped me a lot. They helped me with [financial literacy]. They helped me with public speaking. They helped teach me how to interact with other people.

On what he wants to pursue when football is over: I want to be a coach.

I really like what Canes Connection is doing with these young fellas, teaching them financial literacy and public speaking. In many ways this is as valuable as getting a Dodge Charger or straight cash.

Advertisement
I know a lot of guys here were frustrated with his stupid personal foul penalties and the late season drops but we need him.
What late season drops? He dropped 1 pass in the bowl game. Please tell me bout these late season drops that happpened!!

Truly hope this young fella can keep his emotions in check. He lets them get the best of him sometimes. We all do. Great to hear Coach Beard has become a mentor to him.

Advertisement
Talented kid that has no choice but to step up or step up. Good to see it appears he’s chosen to step up

He had some rough moments for sure but I think it’s ok to acknowledge he’s actually come a long way as well

Also on Cam “he came in and communicated with his receivers”

Amber Riley Tea GIF
Always important to step up or the very least, step up.

Advertisement
We will find out immediately if he's gunna be pulling the same BS or not. If he's talking and trying to start **** after every single play against UF it'll be a problem....
Not for long it won't be.

I will say this. I always liked Beard as a WR coach. I'll never forget how so many people around here were glad when he was let go the first time, and we hired Ron Dugans. I never understood the hate for Beard then. Our WRs actually learned how to block under him. WR play overall was greatly improved. Here's hoping he sticks around a very long time this time.

We will find out immediately if he's gunna be pulling the same BS or not. If he's talking and trying to start **** after every single play against UF it'll be a problem....
He 100% will and it will result in something negative for Miami. You can’t take the stupid out of some of these guys especially those who have been here for years.

Did you see guys like Berrios, Richards, GR15, King, Phillips ever hurt their team constantly with stupidity?

Advertisement
Back