Jacolby George (arrested for street racing 1/13/24)

Advertisement
Sorry to break it to you, but ain't no WR1s, or 2's or 3's in the portal...so George it is LOL. And you're kind of right, when you're counting on true freshmen to be your #1's at any position, then you're screwed. That's been a big part of our problems for the last 2 decades.
I hate to break it to you, but Mario's list, isn't the same list that you or 247 has. Ward made Kelly a #1. Someone will either be brought in or someone will have to step up. Whose to say George will even be on the team going forward.

Speeding is minor unless he had a gun or drugs with him also. The stupid *** penalties are a bigger deal to me but as you mention it’s a trend with him.
The fact of the matter is he is very talented so he should get a little more leash but I would sit him down and set some non negotiable lines going forward.
lol. Talent gets you a pass? He wastes his talent with stupid behavior. Sure sounds like he’s had plenty of leash

Advertisement
I hate to break it to you, but Mario's list, isn't the same list that you or 247 has. Ward made Kelly a #1. Someone will either be brought in or someone will have to step up. Whose to say George will even be on the team going forward.

Kelly's brings the same thing to the table as George, so it's not an upgrade.

With all the athletes that have been seriously injured, sometimes killed, in South Florida because of car accidents, including our share
of Canes, and this doofus decides to go Mario Andretti on the local roads.
This and his stupid on-field stuff.
Dude needs to grow up already.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This kid needs to sit down and watch that Sam Bruce interview with Caneville. Man I wish Sam was still with us to instill some wisdom into these young guys. Rest in Power Sam Bruce.
It's way beyond that. This kid has done these things time and again. I'm sure he's been talked to multiple times.

Whatever punishment he received for any of his offenses (if any) wasn't enough and hasn't gotten through.

The fact that he committed multiple personal fouls in several games, but remained in the game told me all I needed to know. I was/am so disappointed with Mario and all his talk of discipline. It's just talk. If playing time was taken away immediately, perhaps the off the field issues stop as well.

In my opinion, Mario is as much to blame because he did not take playing time away. No one player is bigger than the team.

Last edited:
Do we know where this incident took place. Was it on the streets or dirt roads away from the general public? Some of us probably raced when we were young, I know I did, but we way out of the way and on ground that you could barely call a road. On the streets=punishment, out in no where= major slap on the wrist.

I think I read that he was racing on a highway in a car with either dirty plates or registration. No bueno!

He was suspended for skipping class.

I would prefer he get punished for his in game stupidity rather than traffic violations.
How about both. I'm so disappointed how Mario handles this. George getting PF penalties in several games, but continued to play in each game. No accountability.

Advertisement
Kid was racing, big deal, but let’s not act like he out wheeling and dealing and killing people. Have I would fine him and suspend him for a few games and if he doesn’t like it then step

Speeding is minor unless he had a gun or drugs with him also. The stupid *** penalties are a bigger deal to me but as you mention it’s a trend with him.
The fact of the matter is he is very talented so he should get a little more leash but I would sit him down and set some non negotiable lines going forward.
Not a big deal until he kills someone for being wreck less. Not to mention this isn’t a 1st “involvement” with the cops. The other situations were kept under wraps and handled internally. How many chances do u give before moving on? Asking for a friend.

Unrelated post - Brevin Jordan just pulled on the entire Browns D..... Sick play.... Showed a ton of speed right there......
I **** near turned my TV off after that play, but nope, I kept it on just long enough to see Smokin' Joe serve up to 6 picks. Brevin looked like a prime Shannon Sharpe on that play. I love seeing our pro Canes get busy, I just hated seeing it at the expense of the Good Guys.

Advertisement
This fanbase, at times, needs to put the fan glasses down and look at players from the perspective of a scout or a NFL team.

Let's say he'll enter the draft next year, they see his strengths and weaknesses. What they will also see is:

- poor discipline on the field in running routes and in-offense-behavior
- poor on-field conduct with multiple penalties
- poor school discipline, was suspended for skipping class
- imprisoned for racing on a highway (reckless behavior endangering own and other peoples health)

Take a look at this writedown. This is the stuff we know. NFL personnel is gonna find out more. They will red-flag him and throw him entirely off the board. Remember Gerald Willis? What a stud he was? He got red-flagged all over the NFL, picked up as a UDFA and was out of the league a year later.

Sorry to break it to you, but ain't no WR1s, or 2's or 3's in the portal...so George it is LOL. And you're kind of right, when you're counting on true freshmen to be your #1's at any position, then you're screwed. That's been a big part of our problems for the last 2 decades.

Counting on freshman has definitely not been a Miami problem lol. People used to beg for some coaches to play younger guys while our upperclassmen made mistake after mistake.

Remember Gerald Willis? What a stud he was? He got red-flagged all over the NFL, picked up as a UDFA and was out of the league a year later.

Getting in trouble isn't the reason Willis isn't in the NFL, folding like a cheap suit from Walmart anytime He drew a double team was the reason, Willis was a one trick pony. Sapp flunked plenty of drug tests while He was at UM, and He had a long HOF career.

Advertisement
Back