Jacolby George (arrested for street racing 1/13/24)

I’m so confused; why was he arrested for a simple traffic violation? If it was that simple, why wasn’t a citation given or better yet a warning?

I’ve never in my professional career seen a person get a traffic violation and get booked on charges unless it was serious. I mean, it can be w/ a suspended license & the worst I’ve seen is an impounded vehicle.

The only time I’ve seen an actual arrest occur is either

a) DUI
b) DUI w/ bodily harm
c) Exhibition of Speed/Racing
d) Unpaid Tickets
e) Bench Warrant
f) False ID
g) Vehicle used in a crime related incident

If it wasn’t any of those, it appears he may have cause for a suit to be issued against DBPD.

Knowing what I know about Daytona cops, I’m willing to bet the license plate was the problem, and then they overcharged on the speeding.

I saw it waaaay too many times when I was there. Plus they undercharge residents. I know of several former coworkers who skated on DUI charges. Good friend of mine is struggling with a drug problem right now, Daytona cops have cut him multiple breaks (though he finally got arrested a few months ago).

Advertisement
I'm not a fan of Daytona/Volusia county cops. Back in the late 80's/early 90's, I used to commute from Jax to Melbourne twice a week for classes. Got pulled over about 3 times in a two week period for absolutely nothing and was also tailed by a sheriff for about 8 miles once. Never received a ticket, warning or anything. It finally stopped when I asked an officer if I was being profiled. He literally got in his car and sped off.

I'm not a fan of Daytona/Volusia county cops. Back in the late 80's/early 90's, I used to commute from Jax to Melbourne twice a week for classes. Got pulled over about 3 times in a two week period for absolutely nothing and was also tailed by a sheriff for about 8 miles once. Never received a ticket, warning or anything. It finally stopped when I asked an officer if I was being profiled. He literally got in his car and sped off.

Volusia sherrif Bob Vogel.

He had his cops pulling everyone over who didn't have "Volusia" on the license plates. His belief was "the drugs go north on I-95 and the money goes south", so he focused on southbound, confiscating all kinds of money and then forcing people to go to court to get their money back.

He bought a ****-ton of military-grade equipment for his deputies.

Ridiculous bull****.

He had his cops pulling everyone over who didn't have "Volusia" on the license plates. His belief was "the drugs go north on I-95 and the money goes south", so he focused on southbound, confiscating all kinds of money and then forcing people to go to court to get their money back.

Ridiculous bull****.
“Protect and serve (ourselves and get rich)”

Advertisement

Ridiculous bull****.
Corrupt piece of ****!

Advertisement
OT, but in these situations, who pays to defend the accused here? I would assume JG would have to cough up the money. I don't know about you guys, but I couldn't afford a lawyer when I was in college. One more advantage to having some NIL money. A good lawyer in a case like this would make all the difference.

I had a friend who mooned his friends while making a phone call at a pay phone while on a road trip (yeah we had those back when I was in school). He was charged with lewdness which is a really serious charge to have on your record. I mean, come on, you know that's a local cop just being a total a-hole trying to ruin a college kid's weekend and mess with his life. He hired a good lawyer, and the charge magically went away. I doubt a public defender would have done anything.

This is Florida. Cops have carte blanche to do pretty much whatever they want here.
They can walk up to somebody and start arresting them with no explanation. They’ll claim somebody “looked suspicious.” ( which is one of the most subjective opinions in existence) As soon as somebody asks “what is going on” they proceed to beat the crap out of somebody and charge them with resisting arrest. No other charge 👀.

P.S. I’m ‘Somebody’ *

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back