Jacolby George (arrested for street racing 1/13/24)

Unsure, but George has been suspended prior, even before Mario was around I think.

It's not the first time he messes up and it's really stupid ****. I understand the logic behind second chances and blah, but there's no point in keeping a player on the roster that is being a moron.

He can be glad I'm not the head coach, I'd tell him to pack his bags the moment he comes back on campus. And it reflects his play on the field too. Undisciplined. It's a really good example of why we continue to struggle when you got players who behave like that.

Edit: And its not even a regular traffic violation, racing on a highway? Really? People on here complain about how ****** it is to drive around Miami cause its ******* dangerous and then you have wanna-be-gangsters thinking they're the second coming of Michael Schumacher. And then, people want to defend such a behavior because "he's the best wr we have".

This is what's wrong with society. Nobody is scared of repercussions anymore.
He was suspended for skipping class.

I would prefer he get punished for his in game stupidity rather than traffic violations.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Stop making excuses for immaturity and stupidity. He could have killed someone including himself. This kid has had bad behavior and poor decision making all season and most of his college career. This is just one more thing in a plethora of poor decisions and selfish behavior. There is no room for this type of kid in the program.

As selfish as he has been, he's killing his chance of making it to the NFL. The NFL sees this behavior and projects the behavior with millions of dollars in his pocket. The NFL doesn't want to waste it's time or money and will protect the franchise and shield first and foremost.

Dude, relax. That wasn't an "excuse for immaturity and stupidity". It was a sarcastic commentary on how some fanbases don't deal with these situations until a nagging problem escalates into something far more severe.

I did not say "let George off with a handslap BECAUSE GEORGIA". I am saying Georgia has done a TERRIBLE job of trying to head off "minor problems" before they become major problems.

As always, I try to walk the middle path on this. I don't think THIS transgression was that bad, but it looks worse when it is "the most recent in a string of transgressions". And I'd LIKE to see a kid get a chance to turn it around, but we also have to see some progress.

Praying for the kid.

That is all.

He was suspended for skipping class.

I would prefer he get punished for his in game stupidity rather than traffic violations.

There have been several other previous interactions with SoFla police that have resulted in "cutting him a break". Both Cribby and JayCane have alluded to this.

It's a fine line to walk, both wanting to protect a kid's privacy, but also wanting to have an honest conversation about a troubling pattern of behavior.

I hope this all results in maturity and growth.

Advertisement
Dude, relax. That wasn't an "excuse for immaturity and stupidity". It was a sarcastic commentary on how some fanbases don't deal with these situations until a nagging problem escalates into something far more severe.

I did not say "let George off with a handslap BECAUSE GEORGIA". I am saying Georgia has done a TERRIBLE job of trying to head off "minor problems" before they become major problems.

As always, I try to walk the middle path on this. I don't think THIS transgression was that bad, but it looks worse when it is "the most recent in a string of transgressions". And I'd LIKE to see a kid get a chance to turn it around, but we also have to see some progress.

Praying for the kid.

That is all.
It's not one thing. It's the accumulation of things that have plagued him his entire college career.

I've had enough. Wish him well, but it's time to move on.

Richt had a no patience for nonsense. I actually thought he was too quick in dismissing Sam Bruce. Mario is looking like the opposite. It's just like he said, " How you do anything, is how you do everything." That’s what we see from George on and off the field. He's good, but not that good to be tolerated.

Personally, I would be harder on the best players to send a message to the team, that even the best player is held accountable. George has not been held accountable and he is not even the 3rd or 4th best player on the team.

I just hate to see kids throw opportunities away. He made big strides this season, talent is there, needs more arms around him at this time. Pray for the best for him.

He was speeding...have you never drove over the speed limit before?

You can’t be serious my dude??
He wasn’t arrested for speeding yo! He was arrested for racing on an highway and had dirty paperwork for the car he was driving when he got caught.

Knucklehead move on so many levels. Especially considering dude was already on thin ice. I’m all about being innocent until proven guilty but when you’re already skating on thin ice, you probably shouldn’t be giving the man the opportunity to **** up your ****.

Advertisement
I just hate to see kids throw opportunities away. He made big strides this season, talent is there, needs more arms around him at this time. Pray for the best for him.
I hate to see it too. Only the kid can make the decision to grow up. Others can't force him to do so.....and for many, they need to hit bottom and truly feel like they lost something before standing back up.

That said, you can't invest 80% of your time on the 20% not pulling their weight or being idiots. You should be spending 80% of your time on the other 80% who need your attention just as much. Good kids/people need that attention and motivation to develop and be their best and they shouldn't be shorted. I use the same logic in my business world. I will give a little more time to those not pulling their weight for a short period, but then i set expectations. They need to live up to them or they need to move on. I will not ignore the team for the 1 bringing the team down. Doing so over and over again will only pull down morale.

Advertisement
If this kid isn’t all business this spring you tell him to enter the portal. Simple as that. He has no not chances imo.

His performance in the bowl game was one of the not just worst performances I have ever seen from a WR, he legit was probably was the 2nd best plaster for Rutgers after their RB that day. And the end to the regular season he was doing the same ****.

If he wants to be an nfl player he will clean that **** up, grow up, and start making our decisions. One more poor decision between now and end of spring and idgaf he should be gone. For his own sake and maturation. Mario would be doing him a favor.

Advertisement
Back