Jacolby George (arrested for street racing 1/13/24)

Advertisement
I did. It’s just the fact that the kid has ****ed up multiple times now.. multiple failed drug tests, skipping workouts, failing a class, and now this? Plus all of the on-field **** ups. Nothing seems to make a difference.. from a 2 game suspension in 2022, demotion on the depth chart, workout punishments, etc.

Dismissing him from the team is probably the wake up call he needs to straighten his **** out. Life decision, not football. Maybe he’ll wake up and figure it out and produce somewhere else
⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️
Just bumping this up for the hard of hearing and “it’s just a traffic violation” crowd

No FK DATT
ALL DIAZ GUYS MUST GO!!!
I’m so sick of these Mario Slurps with this “Manny Guy” BS
Portal Them ALL out cause All of them have a defect-
Manny Mario Guy Sht is so lame

I believe you're posting this out of hyperbole, to make a point. But those 4 guys, Restrepo, JHH, Rivers and Borregales (I'd add Arroyo and possibly Chase Smith) are exactly the type of guys you want on the team because they overcame the rotten culture and bad coaching. Those guys are grinders.

Advertisement
I hate to see it too. Only the kid can make the decision to grow up. Others can't force him to do so.....and for many, they need to hit bottom and truly feel like they lost something before standing back up.

That said, you can't invest 80% of your time on the 20% not pulling their weight or being idiots. You should be spending 80% of your time on the other 80% who need your attention just as much. Good kids/people need that attention and motivation to develop and be their best and they shouldn't be shorted. I use the same logic in my business world. I will give a little more time to those not pulling their weight for a short period, but then i set expectations. They need to live up to them or they need to move on. I will not ignore the team for the 1 bringing the team down. Doing so over and over again will only pull down morale.
💯agreed my friend. I have found that to be the case in business career as well.

LOL, if it was up to y'all pearl clutchers, then Jerome Brown would've been kicked out of school. Y'all think JB just started racing cars in the NFL? LOL, I'm starting to think some of y'all just became fans under Richt, becuse y'all clearly don't know the history of some of our GOATS.
Have you read this thread? This kid has had multiple passes given to him… he’s made bone headed mistakes on the field as well

Also JB is an entirely different stratosphere than George… absolutely embarrassing using them in the same breath.

Advertisement
LOL, if it was up to y'all pearl clutchers, then Jerome Brown would've been kicked out of school. Y'all think JB just started racing cars in the NFL? LOL, I'm starting to think some of y'all just became fans under Richt, becuse y'all clearly don't know the history of some of our GOATS.
This is a joke right? You're using a guy that had he been disciplined may not have died a tragic death. What am I missing?

This is a joke right? You're using a guy that had he been disciplined may not have died a tragic death. What am I missing?

You actually think JB would've stopped racing cars if He got kicked out of UM? LOL, some people just have a scary need for speed, I'll never understand it, but it's just the way it is.

Drugs Drogue GIF

Advertisement
Cut ties? Are you serious?

Read him the riot act and suspend him for the first scrimmage.

Keep on top of him in terms of discipline issues, and if he continues to **** up then you cut ties.
All due respect, especially for you as I love ya, brother, but @Cribby has alluded to more than multiple chances here with this guy and @Ghandi has alluded to Coral Gables PD letting him off with multiple infractions. This is not a one off issue.

I am not the moral high ground type of guy who isn’t willing to look the other way when it comes to things with these players but this one is headed down a path that is worrying some for both the kid and the program.

He may just need a change in scenery and away from certain people far away from here for his benefit and the program’s benefit.

Advertisement
“Racing” isn’t the same as failing to stop completely

It puts people in danger including himself. Deflect all you want. That’s a fact.
If he in fact waa street racing, it's equivalent to DUI and I'd argue worse because it can be even more reckless.

IF this allegation is accurate, I hope he learns how catastrophic his poor choice could have been, channels that energy, and makes better decisions for himself.

Go Canes.

Advertisement
Back