Jacob Lichtenstein, DL transfer from USC

Advertisement
Portal has just opened…..

lost john locke GIF

Advertisement
Nesta, him and who else? JHH maybe. I love LT too but this kid outproduced him this past year
Nesta,LT and JHH we're all better then him last season. His big game was against Colorado last year were he had 2 Sacks and 3 Tackles, one of them was a Coverage sack. He's a good player that will be in the rotation for us but I don't think he's a Day 1 All Conference Type DL, that's what I meant by he doesn't turn the needle for us.

I think he will be In the rotation in 2022, give us 30-35 snaps a game and have 4-5 Sacks. 2023 I believe he will be a key starter for us and could be upper echelon ACC IDL considering he will be 24 at that point lol

DT or DE?

Actually I guess we don’t know until we know who our DC will be and what scheme he runs

Either way good pick up. Kid seems versatile and productive

Advertisement
Nesta,LT and JHH we're all better then him last season. His big game was against Colorado last year were he had 2 Sacks and 3 Tackles, one of them was a Coverage sack. He's a good player that will be in the rotation for us but I don't think he's a Day 1 All Conference Type DL, that's what I meant by he doesn't turn the needle for us.

I think he will be In the rotation in 2022, give us 30-35 snaps a game and have 4-5 Sacks. 2023 I believe he will be a key starter for us and could be upper echelon ACC IDL considering he will be 24 at that point lol
I don’t care about stats at DT, it’s the least of my worries. I want somebody filling gaps and causing rb’s to bounce. There’s no stat for that. I want a guy who can cave the pocket from the inside ,which causes the qb to leave the pocket and take his eyes off the receivers.

Nesta was the only dt that was somewhat consistent. But even he was more flash plays. As a player nobody on our DL has shown to be more than a pretty good player or less. That’s why our defense was trash, we need dudes on the DL. The DL and especially the dt’s dictate how good your defense will be. All I see is meh so far. LT doesn’t count because he was a true fr. The rest have been meh.

Bring me dudes on the DL via the portal or HS.

I don’t care about stats at DT, it’s the least of my worries. I want somebody filling gaps and causing rb’s to bounce. There’s no stat for that. I want a guy who can cave the pocket from the inside ,which causes the qb to leave the pocket and take his eyes off the receivers.

Nesta was the only dt that was somewhat consistent. But even he was more flash plays. As a player nobody on our DL has shown to be more than a pretty good player or less. That’s why our defense was trash, we need dudes on the DL. The DL and especially the dt’s dictate how good your defense will be. All I see is meh so far. LT doesn’t count because he was a true fr. The rest have been meh.

Hopefully this guy can do that. He has to be like 23 or something at this point

Advertisement

PFF has stats for that.

Harvey had a very disappointing season to me. I expected more. I liked what I saw more from Chantz Williams and Elijiah Roberts. Both need to become more consistent, though.

Advertisement
Did Ford have 4 tackles ? You could’ve sat a folding chair in his spot and got more from it

Harsh. ... But I'll take a 4-sack interior guy. Don't really see him as a 4-3 DE. Will be interesting to see how he's used.

We’ll be busy until the semester starts and maybe even add some over the summer too.
Yep. Mario said in his recruiting interview video that it's going to be on-going **** near all the way until the season starts. Pretty much alluded to that they won't stop looking for players because things might happen like injures, players transferring out, etc...

Advertisement
Back