Jacob Eason

Advertisement
Smart would never allow Eason to transfer here.
The world will be a better place when coaches, ADs, and conferences have no say in where a kid can transfer to - or force a kid to sit a year.

Smart couldn't stop him imo. He was able to block the rb because that was Richts former player, he didn't want to open Pandora's box of Richts players following him.

Eason isn't a former player. Also not on our schedule or in the acc.

Last edited:
I think it's more of he's not Kirby's guy...

They guy did throw for 16 TD's and 8 int's for 2,490 yards and a 55% completion as a freshman last year...you have to have some talent to do that as a freshman

Advertisement
Brooklyn said Georgia won't allow him to transfer here.

He could take it to the media and they'd negative pub smart to the point he surrendered. Just like Saban did with the cb last year. The media destroyed him for not keying him leave , and that was in the same conference.

The media sits and waits for stuff like this.

That being said I don't want him.

No way he gets cleared to transfer here. So unless he's willing to pay tuition here for a semester, he'll go somewhere else or fcs for a yr or something

Advertisement
I can’t predict the future, something obvious by my upset picks...but when do we play West Virginia? Yet Allison has to sit.

I don’t believe in transfer rules. At all. As long as a kid is academically eligible he should be able to transfer and be immediately eligible - as long as it’s not during the same season.

That said, there’s nothing i saw in Eason this year or last that makes me want him or think he’s better than what we have. ****, I’m not that impressed by Fromm. And Washington has 2 of the top QBs in 2018 committed. No way he goes there; he needs to look G5 - that’s who seems to be turning out NFL QBs anyway.

Last edited:

It's not so much about Eason - I remember Smart wanting to block all transfers to Miami because he wanted to set a prescedence to not let Georgia players follow Richt. 1 player opens a floodgate if he doesn't want to play them.

Advertisement

It's not so much about Eason - I remember Smart wanting to block all transfers to Miami because he wanted to set a prescedence to not let Georgia players follow Richt. 1 player opens a floodgate if he doesn't want to play them.
But how can he block him if he's going to sit out, they don't play us and we're not in the same conference?

But how can he block him if he's going to sit out, they don't play us and we're not in the same conference?

Because if he blows up with his original recruiter and not you it makes you look bad.

He stopped all the players from transfering BEFORE last season because he didn't want to open the floodgates. Eason tried to transfer to us AFTER the season. Different scenarios yet same result. For him it's not a matter of floodgates. It's a matter of living in richts shadow & feeling inferior. He takes alot of petty stuff personally.

Advertisement

He stopped all the players from transfering BEFORE last season because he didn't want to open the floodgates. Eason tried to transfer to us AFTER the season. Different scenarios yet same result. For him it's not a matter of floodgates. It's a matter of living in richts shadow & feeling inferior. He takes alot of petty stuff personally.
I don't understand this. If you sign to a school and quit, follow the rules by sitting out at a new school, how can that be stopped? I know players can ask for a release and be allowed to play immediately but otherwise?

It's not like a buyout, the old school isn't paying for you anymore.
[MENTION=1]Andrew[/MENTION] my edit post hasn't worked since the hurricane?

It's not like a buyout, the old school isn't paying for you anymore.

[MENTION=1]Andrew[/MENTION] my edit post hasn't worked since the hurricane?

Advertisement
Back