Jackson says he has not decommitted

View as article
Advertisement
It's not a joke or a trolling attempt. Don't you ever wonder why every kid want's to OV at the same few schools. Louisville is openly pot friendly. Arkansas pays well for visits. FSU gets FAMU parties, great weed and pays. There are a few schools that every kid knows to visit and what for. IF I was a high school kid with options, I would visit USC, FSU, Arkansas, Louisville and UF. Great ***, pot, cash and school is secondary. YOU NEVER HAVE TO DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN PLAY FOOTBALL AND PARTY. What UM offers is special. You will earn your degree. You will focus on the community. You will leave here with your degree. You will leave here a man. Some kids and parents want that. Some just want to try and get to the NFL. Here if you don't, you have something. There if you don't, you have nothing. Maybe you get a job with a local car dealer. It's real and attracts different kinds of kids. It speaks to what the kid wants for his life after school. Plus, never forget the real crooks. Street agents, selfish family members and community "leaders" …..

This is the most glaringly ignorant thing I've read in a while.

Which one did you attend ?

UF on the list is silly. The others? Whatever. Below mediocre schools.

I studied engineering at UCF so none of them. However I played football with a couple guys in high school that went on to get athletic scholarships. One of them took an OV to Miami and he said it was just like the rest of them. During the day he toured the school, the facilities and interacted with some fans. And at night he went out with the players, messed around with coeds and got ****faced. It happens at every major school and nobody is holier than thou. It's how it is.

Demetrius Jackson ‏@F5_Jackson 21m

Canes Nation! Excited about joining the family! #��

Lol this kid...

LMAO. Pete needs to get an interview with the kid and find out WTF he told CS. Now he's all about "joining the family"?? He told Shodell he decommitted to Barrow.

IMO 1 of 2 things happened.

1. He is bullsh*tting, he told Barrow he was going to take some visits, but made up the part about decommitting and lied to CS so he could stir up some drama or
2. He tried decommiting to Barrow, and Barrow told him we are still working on some other DEs, and if he gives up his spot, he might not have one when he decides to announce later on. Which made him drop the theatrics.

There's another possibility:

3. He's being a dyck intentionally. That "Canes Nation! Excited about joining the family" tweet reeks of something ***** Bryant would do. He's too unstable to not at least factor in that he might be fcking with Pete and the Canes Nation and everyone else. He tells CS he decommitted. Then he denies it. Then there are soundbites of him talking about decommitting. Etc.

It's not a joke or a trolling attempt. Don't you ever wonder why every kid want's to OV at the same few schools. Louisville is openly pot friendly. Arkansas pays well for visits. FSU gets FAMU parties, great weed and pays. There are a few schools that every kid knows to visit and what for. IF I was a high school kid with options, I would visit USC, FSU, Arkansas, Louisville and UF. Great ***, pot, cash and school is secondary. YOU NEVER HAVE TO DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN PLAY FOOTBALL AND PARTY. What UM offers is special. You will earn your degree. You will focus on the community. You will leave here with your degree. You will leave here a man. Some kids and parents want that. Some just want to try and get to the NFL. Here if you don't, you have something. There if you don't, you have nothing. Maybe you get a job with a local car dealer. It's real and attracts different kinds of kids. It speaks to what the kid wants for his life after school. Plus, never forget the real crooks. Street agents, selfish family members and community "leaders" …..

This is the most glaringly ignorant thing I've read in a while.

Which one did you attend ?

UF on the list is silly. The others? Whatever. Below mediocre schools.

I studied engineering at UCF so none of them. However I played football with a couple guys in high school that went on to get athletic scholarships. One of them took an OV to Miami and he said it was just like the rest of them. During the day he toured the school, the facilities and interacted with some fans. And at night he went out with the players, messed around with coeds and got ****faced. It happens at every major school and nobody is holier than thou. It's how it is.

Agree regarding the ovs. Regarding the four years and effort required? Big differences.

UCF co 07 btw.

Whatever. He'll be a good prospect for some school. Hope he turns his potential into what it can become. The kids who go all over the place during recruiting seem to have a shaky history. Maybe it's just because they stand out more in memory. I love following this stuff, but I don't get as amped or as low as I used to anymore over it. Does it seem that this stuff happens now even more? Maybe it's twitter.

posted this earlier in reply to jhall:

It just gets worse every year.

More reporters, more interest, more questions, more websites.

These are still just kids and I can't blame them for loving the circus surrounding them. Just gotta be careful is all.

Miami alone has how many site? Now including the herald, sun sentinel, etc who jump in late in the year a couple months before signing day...

Now multiply that by multiple schools, now u got twitter fans n crap... Plus with the info alone has become a commodity it can even get grandma some needed attention... This sh*t is crazy

Advertisement
"I'm committed to Miami," he said. "I'm solid. This is it. I'm done with the recruiting process. This is it.

"I want to stay home, my family to come and see me. All other options are closed."

He spoke with coach Micheal Barrow after saying he didn't consider himself a Cane commitment on Monday afternoon. And Barrow helped convince him to get back on board.

"Taking no other visits, that's my choice," Jackson said. "I thought about it and this is where I want to be, hands down."

Sounds like coaches put it on him today.....Stop the games or we'll replace you. Jackson was always coming, he was just getting caught up in the limelight and the coaches put a stop to the games

"I'm committed to Miami," he said. "I'm solid. This is it. I'm done with the recruiting process. This is it.

"I want to stay home, my family to come and see me. All other options are closed."

He spoke with coach Micheal Barrow after saying he didn't consider himself a Cane commitment on Monday afternoon. And Barrow helped convince him to get back on board.

"Taking no other visits, that's my choice," Jackson said. "I thought about it and this is where I want to be, hands down."

Sounds like coaches put it on him today.....Stop the games or we'll replace you. Jackson was always coming, he was just getting caught up in the limelight and the coaches put a stop to the games

Was this a conversation you had in your head or did it come from a source?

Better not be one of those fake fly by night insiders Tito warned us about, but a real fly by night insider like Pete. :D

**** so now he's NOT going to take any visits? I would say Barrow definitely put the hammer down today. Good for the staff. They learned to not trust the BTW crew last year. They werent going to get caught with their d*cks in their hands again this year getting played by Ice Harris' kids.

Am glad. Good for the staff, and good for the kid. Sounds like he was rapidly spinning out of control with all this nonsense and playing a very dangerous game. Kind of kid who could make a stupid decision and find himself locked out of a spot, or making a dumb commitment, only to be begging the staff to transfer next year. Kid has always sounded like he wants to be close to his family. He has the perfect situation now with UM, dont risk that for some stupid attention on twitter.

Advertisement

this is freakin weird cuz.

These new quotes are from the new story on Canesport. Interview with Ferman.

Advertisement
These new quotes are from the new story on Canesport. Interview with Ferman.

100%?

If so, that's pretty funny and thanks to GoldCane for posting it.

I guess Barrow called him up and said " I WISH a ***** would!" and that was the end of that.

Advertisement
all I know is if I was a recruit I would commit to Arkansas and during signing day on national TV put on the UM hat and take a dump on top of the Arkansas hat and yell "**** YOU ALEX COLLINS"

**** so now he's NOT going to take any visits? I would say Barrow definitely put the hammer down today. Good for the staff. They learned to not trust the BTW crew last year. They werent going to get caught with their d*cks in their hands again this year getting played by Ice Harris' kids.

Am glad. Good for the staff, and good for the kid. Sounds like he was rapidly spinning out of control with all this nonsense and playing a very dangerous game. Kind of kid who could make a stupid decision and find himself locked out of a spot, or making a dumb commitment, only to be begging the staff to transfer next year. Kid has always sounded like he wants to be close to his family. He has the perfect situation now with UM, dont risk that for some stupid attention on twitter.

I don't think Ice is playing tricks this year. He got his licks in last year for getting fired, but I don't think he worked the kids against us. He just took the opportunity to lay some acid on Al. That LB never wanted to come here and Kirkland was a clown who Coley dropped the dime on. Neither ever actually committed--at least openly. The kids this year did. Chad looks rock solid; Nigel was his other dream offer and maybe he sways, maybe not. A lot of kids "want" the Miami offer and then go someplace else. DT may end up here or may not. He has made noise like this a couple times. Chad is the big fish here.

Jackson today after talking with Barrow:

I dont know nothing about no decommitment. OH, I know what happened. See this reporter, he kept saying Demetrius you are going to visit this, school, and you are going to visit that school, and you are decommitted right? And I said, sure..... but it was all lies. Im, Im committed Senator.

Al Golden:

Advertisement
Back