Official Jackson Carver visiting next week (Commits, 6.14!)

Advertisement
Yes and he titled it what he was hearing

So someone called him and told him, "Hey, Jackson is doing something with his recruitment today" ??

And Gaby said, "Oh, is he committing? A top 5? Top 3? Top 8? Taking another OV? Retiring from football and focusing on lacrosse?"

"Could be any of that, Gaby."

Oh, OK. Let me go post an article LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

Advertisement
Agreed although I think Riley is the kid we have the best chance with from the Pacific Northwest. I think the Wayne kid is a long shot at best
Any chance we take 3 TEs this cycle? We only had Skinner last cycle and Aroyo potentially only plays two more years.

Any chance we take 3 TEs this cycle? We only had Skinner last cycle and Aroyo potentially only plays two more years.
To be clear, I don’t know my a$$ from my elbow and this is just me speculating but I can see that if they get Carver as a 2022 kid

Advertisement
To be clear, I don’t know my a$$ from my elbow and this is just me speculating but I can see that if they get Carver as a 2022 kid
Wait, Carver could reclassify?

Edit: I'm just now seeing the speculation on reclassifying now. Interesting.

Advertisement
Carver seems to have a slighter frame and looks far more athletic. I like him more too, because he seems more versatile.
I like the versatility as well and you are right he does have a slighter frame compared to Mikeska but that’s all relative because against the guys we have on our roster he looks like a monster.

Advertisement
Some dude made a comment that “he could be reclassifying”. Which would be excellent. Take him as developmental TE with Skinner and add Reid/Riley in 23
This is the absolute ideal scenario as it would give us an in-line and pass catching TE for both cycles. For the first time in a while, intrigued by this early recruiting update/tweet.

My understanding is he’s taking a prep year (5 year) in 2023 which means he graduated in 2022 and can enroll if someone wants him

Ahh this would make sense, I was reading his profile a while ago and it said "he took up football his senior year"....I was thinking, wait, if he's a 2023 kid, isn't he coming up on his senior year this fall?

Now it makes sense. WTF is a prep year, though? He graduated HS and he's just still hanging out at school for another year? Prep for what? Isn't that what 4 years of HS is supposed to do?

Advertisement
Back