Official Jackson Carver visiting next week (Commits, 6.14!)

Advertisement
Only position on the field that needs to be good at everything. Not great!! Jack of all trades. Plus you have to have the size. You’d be surprised how many can’t do one of the many skills needed. This is your true athlete position.

Like the decathlon. Only those that can’t do an event won’t call them an athlete.
Well yeah but the league is pass happy now. If you can catch and run you will play. They’ll find big unathletic guys to block lol. You may last in the league if you can do one or the other well lol.

couple of reasons that lacrosse is the best "second sport" and preferable to basketball:

1) it's a contact sport. anytime you need to put on a helmet to play, it helps with football because you not only have to hit, but keep your athletic movements when being hit. compare that to getting ***** slapped on the wrist when making a layup and a ref yells "foul"

2) in order to play the sport, you need to learn to be perfectly ambidextrous, this has significant benefits for balance and coordination. imagine a pitcher being able to throw an 90 mph fastball over the outside corner of the plate as both a righty and lefty, you'll get what i mean.

3) you need to be able to throw the ball and catch with precision on a dead run, sprinting at full speed. in order to do that, you need to train your body to run with your hips almost perfectly level. think of the body control/precision that goes into a golf swing. if you can't do that in lacrosse, you're going to be a shortstop that puts every throw to first into the dugout, or two rows up into the bleachers. being able to run with your hips level like that gives you speed, agility, bend, explosion, and often ... at a superior level.

case in point: the best RB in football history was jim brown. the guy tied for best WR in football history was paul warfield. (tied with jerry rice). what did brown and warfield have in common, besides uncanny moves on the football field? yep, they played lacrosse. which was how they learned to run like they did. not a coincidence in my view.

if i'm advising a kid that plays football, i tell them: play lacrosse
Paul Warfield, although a HOF’er and legend, isn’t tied with Jerry Rice for the best WR. You can argue Jim Brown all day long with Berry Sanders and Walter Payton comfortably. Warfield isn’t a part of anyones Jerry Rice conversation. I’d argue he’s the most underrated WR of all time fwiw. I agree Lacrosse is a great stepping stone into the football arena.

He’s gotta point
We haven’t landed anyone yet really that made you go wow
But it’s still early
Overall I’m not worried with the staff Mario has put together
And the financial means to finally play real cfb
He’s bound to land a top 10 class at minimum
Mario isn’t an x and o schematic genius
His biggest skill as a coach is talent acquisition
And you can win big with talent.

Advertisement
He plays in the USHL, which isn't as prestigious as Canada's Junior Leagues. They still do a decent job of producing collegiate and NHL prospects. The fact that he's committing to us tells me football is where he'll make his money.
That's beyond being a decent hockey player, bodes well for what I was suggesting about his athleticism.

He plays in the USHL, which isn't as prestigious as Canada's Junior Leagues. They still do a decent job of producing collegiate and NHL prospects. The fact that he's committing to us tells me football is where he'll make his money.
There are a lot of guys that played in the USHL that made the league and it is essentially a D1 feeder program as you stated.

Advertisement
He’s gotta point
But it’s still early
I disagree robby washington says hi!

He’s gotta point
But it’s still early
Like one poster said..I think you are forgetting about Robby Washington who is arguably the #1 WR on many posters big board. Him committing this early was definitely a shocker esp when hes got UGA and Bama on his heels.

Mario is going after some pretty big fish right now. We arent use to being in it for this many elite kids. We are in pretty much every elite uncommitted kids top 5-7 right now. This is new territory for us. Elite kids (unless you drop a BIG bag like Tenn did Nico) are going to take all 5 OVs and then make a decision. This is what you call big boy recruiting. The Bamas and UGAs and OSUs of the world are not new to this and unfortunately we are. Do you see their fanbases panicking? WAY too early to make this kind of statement IMO.

Well yeah but the league is pass happy now. If you can catch and run you will play. They’ll find big unathletic guys to block lol. You may last in the league if you can do one or the other well lol.
Problem is you then need to pay two guys for what 1 can do. You also tip your hand with your way.

Advertisement
Nice another 3 star. We back.

This is gonna get a lot of hate but it’s the truth. If we can’t land 4 and 5 stars and get consistent top 7 classes we will never be back. You don’t get 3 star after 3 star and win. Give me all your vomit emojis. I hope Mario turns this around.
He's a 3 star only because he just recently started playing football. He has all the tools and measurables to be a great TE. Both Iowa and ND were after him hard....two of the most accomplished programs for TEs in the past couple decades.

Advertisement
Paul Warfield, although a HOF’er and legend, isn’t tied with Jerry Rice for the best WR. You can argue Jim Brown all day long with Berry Sanders and Walter Payton comfortably. Warfield isn’t a part of anyones Jerry Rice conversation. I’d argue he’s the most underrated WR of all time fwiw. I agree Lacrosse is a great stepping stone into the football arena.

I absolutely respect the difference of opinion.

However, you are going to need to catch me on a very bad day to get me to agree with you on that one point.

What formed my opinion happened years ago, having the benefit of a film session with Coach Schnellenberger on this very subject. It was, shall we say, "enlightening."

Lacrosse highlights

Short hockey highlights
Shattuck St. Mary's is the STA of hockey prep schools in the U.S. Carver is out there dummying people and racking up points.

i just looked at these lax highlights.

they had a kid that is 6-6 and 220 lbs playing all of zone and mtm, as well as a box-1 defense, against a crease attack and a short stick middie.

that's .... pretty impressive.

this kid is an all american caliber D1 defenseman. full stop.

i just looked at these lax highlights.

they had a kid that is 6-6 and 220 lbs playing all of zone and mtm, as well as a box-1 defense, against a crease attack and a short stick middie.

that's .... pretty impressive.

this kid is an all american caliber D1 defenseman. full stop.
This is whitest thing I’ve ever read here

Advertisement
Back