Jabril peppers

Has brock or anyone arguing against Peppers stopped to think that Peppers may not be elite at anything probably because Michigan's staff has him at just about every position? Seriously. He's not a full time corner like Corn, whom I love as a player. But Peppers is slated to go in the top 5-10 in the upcoming draft by just about everybody.

Once he gets to the NFL, he'll be put at his money position full time which is probably safety if I had to take a guess.

Don't try to make sense . Some of these people are so caught up at him playing so many positions they can't see that. His versatility is being used against him , even though that's what makes him so special. He'd be amazing at just playing db , but playing all these position helps mich do things schematically that they wouldn't be able to do with any other player.

He's one of the most impressive players I've ever seen, and that's decades of watching football.

It's just cool to say a sure thing is " overrated ". They're contrarian, It's the skip Bayless effect.

I just laugh at these dudes, if he played at UM his meat would be slammed down their throat , and they'd call the detractors " haters" lmao. Then they'll spend the next five years fighting it , even though he'll be making pro bowls .

Omg if he was here they would say reed sean or peppers.....they would def be saying that. Not me though chiillll

Advertisement
Peppers will not be a top 5 pick. He's not big enough or skilled enough at safety to be picked that high and he's not a CB in the NFL. Also too small for linebacker.

Hes landon collins level n thats not great but he does everything and hes beter than anyone we have on d at this point right now.

Imo... he's better than Collins, and more versatile.

Nfl dc's will have a field day with this cat. With all the spread formations and hybrid players , he's a matchup fixer.

He's a legit 6'1 205 right now ,that most thinks runs in the 4.3-4.4 range at the combine. Has the athletic ability to play lb on pass downs,S or CB on base downs. He can both field and boundary of he needs to, and can tackle in space. There's literally nothing he doesn't do well.

Oh....and he make your special teams explosive. True definition of Swiss Army knife.

I don't think he's a Charles Woodson, that's a different breed of awareness and smarts. They're physically comparable but the mental game of CW is second to only Ed Reed.

Last edited:
Just keep it 100 and say u dontlike the kid thats ok to do. To say he sucks is retarded....as a cfb player hes the goods and who gives a **** what hedoes i the nfl.....right now in college (what we watch) hes lethal

This. Dude seriously is a hater.

He's basing his argument off of bs, lies and opinion

I'm basing an argument on facts that you chose to ignore. And nobody said he sucks so I don't no where either of you two are getting that. You guys are basing it off of, well ESPN told me he is a heisman canidate, therefore it is so. I laugh at comparing this guy to Woodson. Woodson was an athlete corner. Peppers isn't elite at anything. Even slower than I thought he was. Got caught from behind a few times

Duke got caught from behind here alot and in the nfl he will more and people think hes jesus on here

And duke was not a first round pick. Duke had elite numbers in college. Peppers does not. Peppers is a smaller but more athletic version of telvin smith from FSU. Great athletic college football talent. It does not project to a single position in the pros which is why he will likely not be a top 5 pick. And idk what people are talking about he wasn't given a chance to play one position. You must've not seen him play his freshman year. Wasn't good enough at cb so was moved to safety. Got a lot of freshman of the week awards but that was more of a collective effort of his all around play especially on special teams

These types of debates are the best on this board. Because although both sides are making subjective arguments to make their points, the NFL Draft will prove one of y'all right, and the other wrong.

But going back and forth won't change anyone's opinion. The kid will either be drafted top 5, or he won't.

These types of debates are the best on this board. Because although both sides are making subjective arguments to make their points, the NFL Draft will prove one of y'all right, and the other wrong.

But going back and forth won't change anyone's opinion. The kid will either be drafted top 5, or he won't.

I'm not guaranteeing he'll be a top five pick, I'm saying I think he's going to be a stud in the league. Scouts, gm's and experts are ones saying he's a top 3-8 pick. I just think he's a great prospect and would take him in the top five if I were making the pick.

Gfer lol'd at thought of him being a top five pick then says he's maybe a first rounder. Imo, that's more ridiculous. But that's my opinion.

I do know I'll be bumping the **** out of this thread in a year or two. There's no such thing as a sure thing but Peppers is close as **** to being that. He's actually a better fit for pro ball.

Advertisement
Very good player but not special and elite.. Very good at a lot of things but not great at any, imho

Peppers will not be a top 5 pick. He's not big enough or skilled enough at safety to be picked that high and he's not a CB in the NFL. Also too small for linebacker.

Hes landon collins level n thats not great but he does everything and hes beter than anyone we have on d at this point right now.

Nfl dc's will have a field day with this cat. With all the spread formations and hybrid players , he's a matchup fixer.

He's a legit 6'1 205 right now ,that most thinks runs in the 4.3-4.4 range at the combine. Has the athletic ability to play lb on pass downs,S or CB on base downs. He can both field and boundary of he needs to, and can tackle in space. There's literally nothing he doesn't do well.

Oh....and he make your special teams explosive. True definition of Swiss Army knife.

I don't think he's a Charles Woodson, that's a different breed of awareness and smarts. They're physically comparable but the mental game of CW is second to only Ed Reed.

I think the pro-Peppers side has kept away from saying he's the same level as Woodson. ****, over the last 20 years, the Heisman has always gone to a RB or a QB. Woodson was the exception, and I'm not going to say he's that great of a talent.

But to say Peppers is overhyped is foolish considering he doesn't have a chance to be elite at one position because of what's asked of him. And as someone else mentioned, if he was on Miami, this fanbase would try to argue that he should be the number 1 pick.

Just keep it 100 and say u dontlike the kid thats ok to do. To say he sucks is retarded....as a cfb player hes the goods and who gives a **** what hedoes i the nfl.....right now in college (what we watch) hes lethal

I'm basing an argument on facts that you chose to ignore. And nobody said he sucks so I don't no where either of you two are getting that. You guys are basing it off of, well ESPN told me he is a heisman canidate, therefore it is so. I laugh at comparing this guy to Woodson. Woodson was an athlete corner. Peppers isn't elite at anything. Even slower than I thought he was. Got caught from behind a few times

Duke got caught from behind here alot and in the nfl he will more and people think hes jesus on here

And duke was not a first round pick. Duke had elite numbers in college. Peppers does not. Peppers is a smaller but more athletic version of telvin smith from FSU. Great athletic college football talent. It does not project to a single position in the pros which is why he will likely not be a top 5 pick. And idk what people are talking about he wasn't given a chance to play one position. You must've not seen him play his freshman year. Wasn't good enough at cb so was moved to safety. Got a lot of freshman of the week awards but that was more of a collective effort of his all around play especially on special teams

Uh huh

2017 NFL Mock Draft: Jabrill Peppers to Jaguars - Page 4

2017 NFL Mock Draft - NFL - DraftSite.com

2017 NFL mock draft: updated 3-round projections | The Draft Wire

I'm not guaranteeing he'll be a top five pick, I'm saying I think he's going to be a stud in the league. Scouts, gm's and experts are ones saying he's a top 3-8 pick. I just think he's a great prospect and would take him in the top five if I were making the pick.

Gfer lol'd at thought of him being a top five pick then says he's maybe a first rounder. Imo, that's more ridiculous. But that's my opinion.

I do know I'll be bumping the **** out of this thread in a year or two. There's no such thing as a sure thing but Peppers is close as **** to being that. He's actually a better fit for pro ball.

Yeah there's a possibility that he won't be drafted in the top 5, certainly. But to say he's maybe a first rounder is showing one's a$$.

Advertisement

Ican agree with this

Advertisement

It goes by potential and if the athlete translates to the next level....size speed physicality...... By ur logic ur choosing yearby over cook cause of hs numbers. Its like saying henry or a bama back is legit when everyone knew zeke elliots size speed vision cuttback ability was a higher rated player. Stats mean **** to be honest.....im sure there r sfla wrs with better numbers than juedy but hes the best wr hands down.

I learned a long time ago stats means ****
I dont even think amari cooper had huge numbers but some of us (like me) knew he was elite justby watcjing the 7 on 7 drills. U saw him get off the line fast n no one could cover him.

Peppers translates well to the next level he has the size speed play.aking ability coachable not a me dude. Maybe hes a bust but hes a real good cfb player and saying corn is better no way this kid does more.

Last edited:

It goes by potential and if the athlete translates to the next level....size speed physicality...... By ur logic ur choosing yearby over cook cause of hs numbers. Its like saying henry or a bama back is legit when everyone knew zeke elliots size speed vision cuttback ability was a higher rated player. Stats mean **** to be honest.....im sure there r sfla wrs with better numbers than juedy but hes the best wr hands down.

I dont even think amari cooper had huge numbers but some of us (like me) knew he was elite justby watcjing the 7 on 7 drills. U saw him get off the line fast n no one could cover him.

Peppers translates well to the next level he has the size speed play.aking ability coachable not a me dude. Maybe hes a bust but hes a real good cfb player and saying corn is better no way this kid does more.

He hasn't done **** in the nfl or even been drafted (duh).. Who cares what he does in the nfl or where he gets drafted, were talking about him now as a COLLEGE player and he's overrated af.. Heisman and this kid in the same sentence? GTFOH.. Very good player but no where an elite player..

Naw, man.. Stats matter, not always, same with talent.. There's been plenty of super talented players in h.s. and college that never amounted to squat at a higher level

Last edited:

He hasn't done **** in the nfl or even been drafted (duh).. Who cares what he does in the nfl or where he gets drafted, were talking about him now as a COLLEGE player and he's overrated af.. Heisman and this kid in the same sentence? GTFOH.. Very good player but no where an elite player..

Naw, man.. Stats matter, not always, same with talent.. There's been plenty of super talented players in h.s. and college that never amounted to squat at a higher level

My thing is whos been a better defender on a winning team? *** boy tebow got hiesman because of his team they win. I think hes a first rounder imo.....my problem is dude said corn elder...i love elder hes our best defensive player right now but cmon thats homer talk

Advertisement

My thing is whos been a better defender on a winning team? *** boy tebow got hiesman because of his team they win. I think hes a first rounder imo.....my problem is dude said corn elder...i love elder hes our best defensive player right now but cmon thats homer talk

You right on that

when he clocks that 4.57-4.6 40 at 205 pds i wonder what will be said.

Landon Collins is a good comparison..except i think he may have a higher ceiling or range than Collins.

we have had elite db play at um..and he jumps off the screen to some people here?? Really..? After watching Sean Taylor, Ed Reed, Antrel Rolle play here..this kid jumps off the screen?.

when he clocks that 4.57-4.6 40 at 205 pds i wonder what will be said.

Landon Collins is a good comparison..except i think he may have a higher ceiling or range than Collins.

we have had elite db play at um..and he jumps off the screen to some people here?? Really..? After watching Sean Taylor, Ed Reed, Antrel Rolle play here..this kid jumps off the screen?.

Agree with this.

No way he runs a 4.3-4.4. He's good but don't understand the hype of him being elite.

I'll bet anyone he isn't a top 5 pick.

My opinion is that the production doesn't match the hype.

Yes he's athletic and versatile. Has a high football IQ and has show that situationally he can play multiple positions. I understand that he brings a ton of intangibles to the table that don't show up on the stat sheet.

However the truely great elite players have a nose for the football. and even though opposing teams are seeking to avoid them at all cost they find a way. For example the Honey Badger. When he played at LSU he was used all over the field and Forced a ton of turnovers.

As far as offense goes In wildcat situations and in the return peppers is very meh.

Personally I think every thing about Michigan is overrated. They beat up on the bottoms teir teams like Rutgers and struggle against any team that had a pulse.

Advertisement
Back