Jabril peppers

Is there a more overhyped player in the country? This guy literally has not had 1 interception in his career if I'm not mistaken. Doesn't do much. He's good in the return game but that's about it

This may be the first time I have ever agreed with you Broke, but I couldn't agree more. I just don't see the reason for all of the hype. They try to compare him to Woodson but it's not even close, Woodson was a special player.

Advertisement
**** dis board be wildin....he said peppers and corn tf is that **** man. This real life?

And I have down votes for saying peppers is the best player in the country and a top five pick. It's like this fanbase only watches Miami every week.

Fanbase cracks me up

I know **** is comedy hour

Thats y i only value certain posters here that give u thehard truth n facts.

I'm pretty sure That dude was one of those saying Kaaya was a first rounder this year and better than Watson. I know Brock has been on board as the better than Watson argument.

Peppers will not be a top 5 pick. He's not big enough or skilled enough at safety to be picked that high and he's not a CB in the NFL. Also too small for linebacker.

Peppers will not be a top 5 pick. He's not big enough or skilled enough at safety to be picked that high and he's not a CB in the NFL. Also too small for linebacker.

Exactly the point I was making. He doesn't project well to any particular position at the next level.

**** dis board be wildin....he said peppers and corn tf is that **** man. This real life?

And I have down votes for saying peppers is the best player in the country and a top five pick. It's like this fanbase only watches Miami every week.

Fanbase cracks me up

I know **** is comedy hour

Thats y i only value certain posters here that give u thehard truth n facts.

I'm pretty sure That dude was one of those saying Kaaya was a first rounder this year and better than Watson. I know Brock has been on board as the better than Watson argument.

I mean Watson hasn't exactly played well this year either with his accuracy issues and throwing 13 picks

Last edited:
Advertisement
I personally think he's the best football player in the county. Dude plays lb, db , wr and returns kicks. Definitely a top five pick.

He'll never have many int's, teams aren't stupid enough to try him.

Btw....I'm pretty are he has an int

Just because he can play running back or whatever position doesn't mean he's good or elite at it. Didn't see nothing special from him when they gave him the ball on offense. I guarantee you and you probably know this but if we had put corn at running back, receiver, kick return, punt return he would house sh*t on the regular imo and put up better overall numbers. He already makes way more plays than peppers does now on defense by far.

Comparing Corn to Peppers is insanity, flat out nuts. And I love corn

Production jumps out and from the looks of it he doesn't do much. Certainly not enough to be even mentioned in the hiesmace race. A similar comparison strictly on defense to peppers would be Derwin James from fsu and of course I'm talking about defense only but peppers pales in comparison to the production of Derwin James who had 91 tackles 5.5 sacks and multiple fumbles and impose his will on defense more often then not.

You take him off that D and it's not elite , he allows them to do a lot with other guys.

He's 6'1 207, plays Lb half the game and db the other half. Completely locks down your best wr when it's game time . Then gets you bonus yards on offense and in the return game. Oh and he's their best blitzer.

He literally played 10 positions against Mich St. Then the cherry on top is he's an elite ,physical athlete , runs in the 4.3 -4.4 range .

I'd be shocked if he's not gone in top 3-5 picks.

He'll never get you int's' , because he's inside wr's unis, no qb is foolish enough to try him.

There's nothing the cat can't do.

Whoever drafts him will instantly get better when he steps in your secondary.

I express no opinion on Peppers, but if you think Don Brown couldn't put together an elite defense at Michigan in this or in any year without Peppers, you are insane.

Peppers and Elder are both great nickel corners. Only difference is peppers will move inside the box more on passing downs in the NFL. Both should have long careers in the NFL.

Is there a more overhyped player in the country? This guy literally has not had 1 interception in his career if I'm not mistaken. Doesn't do much. He's good in the return game but that's about it

I personally think he's the best football player in the county. Dude plays lb, db , wr and returns kicks. Definitely a top five pick.

He'll never have many int's, teams aren't stupid enough to try him.

Btw....I'm pretty are he has an int

Just because he can play running back or whatever position doesn't mean he's good or elite at it. Didn't see nothing special from him when they gave him the ball on offense. I guarantee you and you probably know this but if we had put corn at running back, receiver, kick return, punt return he would house sh*t on the regular imo and put up better overall numbers. He already makes way more plays than peppers does now on defense by far.

He jumps off the screen every week , I don't know what you guys are looking at. There's a reason he's viewed as the best football player in this draft.

He does a lot for a team and does it well, he'll be able to be used at one position in the league. Hes not even plsying his natural position most of the game , in the nfl he'll get to do that

Where does he play at the next level? It's a sad iteration at remaking Charles Woodson. Which was clearly his agenda from his B/R commitment vid

You are smoking crack. The kid has receiving TD's , rushing TD''s, has played Wildcatat qB
...NJ has serious football talent

Advertisement
Has brock or anyone arguing against Peppers stopped to think that Peppers may not be elite at anything probably because Michigan's staff has him at just about every position? Seriously. He's not a full time corner like Corn, whom I love as a player. But Peppers is slated to go in the top 5-10 in the upcoming draft by just about everybody.

Once he gets to the NFL, he'll be put at his money position full time which is probably safety if I had to take a guess.

Has brock or anyone arguing against Peppers stopped to think that Peppers may not be elite at anything probably because Michigan's staff has him at just about every position? Seriously. He's not a full time corner like Corn, whom I love as a player. But Peppers is slated to go in the top 5-10 in the upcoming draft by just about everybody.

Once he gets to the NFL, he'll be put at his money position full time which is probably safety if I had to take a guess.

Don't try to make sense . Some of these people are so caught up at him playing so many positions they can't see that. His versatility is being used against him , even though that's what makes him so special. He'd be amazing at just playing db , but playing all these position helps mich do things schematically that they wouldn't be able to do with any other player.

He's one of the most impressive players I've ever seen, and that's decades of watching football.

It's just cool to say a sure thing is " overrated ". They're contrarian, It's the skip Bayless effect.

I just laugh at these dudes, if he played at UM his meat would be slammed down their throat , and they'd call the detractors " haters" lmao. Then they'll spend the next five years fighting it , even though he'll be making pro bowls .

Is there a more overhyped player?

Coming from Brock on this site?

Yes.....plays QB for the Miami Hurricanes.

Advertisement

Don't try to make sense . Some of these people are so caught up at him playing so many positions they can't see that. His versatility is being used against him , even though that's what makes him so special. He'd be amazing at just playing db , but playing all these position helps mich do things schematically that they wouldn't be able to do with any other player.

He's one of the most impressive players I've ever seen, and that's decades of watching football.

It's just cool to say a sure thing is " overrated ". They're contrarian, It's the skip Bayless effect.

I just laugh at these dudes, if he played at UM his meat would be slammed down their throat , and they'd call the detractors " haters" lmao. Then they'll spend the next five years fighting it , even though he'll be making pro bowls .

Cribby I'm just saying I watched Michigan plenty of times and he only jumps out on special teams. Didn't see anything special with him having the ball in his hand on offense or when he was on defense. Just a discussion though man. He's not as productive as he is hyped up to be though

Just keep it 100 and say u dontlike the kid thats ok to do. To say he sucks is retarded....as a cfb player hes the goods and who gives a **** what hedoes i the nfl.....right now in college (what we watch) hes lethal

This. Dude seriously is a hater.

He's basing his argument off of bs, lies and opinion

I'm basing an argument on facts that you chose to ignore. And nobody said he sucks so I don't no where either of you two are getting that. You guys are basing it off of, well ESPN told me he is a heisman canidate, therefore it is so. I laugh at comparing this guy to Woodson. Woodson was an athlete corner. Peppers isn't elite at anything. Even slower than I thought he was. Got caught from behind a few times

Duke got caught from behind here alot and in the nfl he will more and people think hes jesus on here

This may be the first time I have ever agreed with you Broke, but I couldn't agree more. I just don't see the reason for all of the hype. They try to compare him to Woodson but it's not even close, Woodson was a special player.

Hes not woodson but in college hes pretty much been there do everything player like the kid from stanford. They getting hype because of wins like stanford was last year now u hear nothing on stanford.

Advertisement

I know.

Football's the one sport where you practice far more than you play - getting technique down as it relates to your position, understanding the scheme you're playing in, etc...

Peppers isn't allowed the opportunity to focus on one position - he has to focus on a multitude of them. And to add onto that, he's quite effective at what he does. Peppers may not have a pick to his name, but I'd like to hear about how often he's getting burnt then in games if he's such a mediocre player. You know why he probably doesn't have that many picks? Probably because QB's know not to throw to him. And as good as Corn is (whom happens to be a full-time corner) he only has 3 interceptions for his collegiate career.

*mic drop*

Hes landon collins level n thats not great but he does everything and hes beter than anyone we have on d at this point right now.

Cribby I'm just saying I watched Michigan plenty of times and he only jumps out on special teams. Didn't see anything special with him having the ball in his hand on offense or when he was on defense. Just a discussion though man. He's not as productive as he is hyped up to be though

Just about every GM in the NFL disagrees with you.

Peppers and Elder are both great nickel corners. Only difference is peppers will move inside the box more on passing downs in the NFL. Both should have long careers in the NFL.

He may be moved to lb but in college we talkin bout college....not the pros college.....hes a great player at this level

Advertisement
Back