Jabril peppers

My opinion is that the production doesn't match the hype.

Yes he's athletic and versatile. Has a high football IQ and has show that situationally he can play multiple positions. I understand that he brings a ton of intangibles to the table that don't show up on the stat sheet.

However the truely great elite players have a nose for the football. and even though opposing teams are seeking to avoid them at all cost they find a way. For example the Honey Badger. When he played at LSU he was used all over the field and Forced a ton of turnovers.

As far as offense goes In wildcat situations and in the return peppers is very meh.

Personally I think every thing about Michigan is overrated. They beat up on the bottoms teir teams like Rutgers and struggle against any team that had a pulse.

Agree, take a look at Derwin James from fsu. Now he plays safety or a hybrid linebacker along with every position on defense .You know when he is on the field, had 91 tackles, 9.5tfl,4.5 sacks 2 forced fumbles, 4 pds in one season... Look at how he threw UFs right tackle... Now that's elite because I don't know of any other safety in college football can do that
https://twitter.com/rodistotle/status/670806141971116032

Advertisement
Really good college player but I don't think he'll have a special career in the league. Overrated only because of the amount of coverage/hype he gets.

It's not outlandish to think Elder could have the better pro career of the two.

don't care about this argument either way, but i will say this about those mock drafts [MENTION=2343]Cribby[/MENTION]....aren't those the same drafts that had Kaaya at a top 10 pick and first 1-2 QBs off the board? Mock drafts don't mean much until a couple of weeks before the draft and lets be honest only a couple of peoples Mock drafts are even 50% correct.

I agree that Michigan beats up on very poor teams and can't do much against anyone with a pulse. Case in point Whiskey and Iowa. UM is going to get smashed by Ohio St too. However Peppers is a good player and will be a top 2 round pick. If he runs well at the combine he will go round 1, if he doesn't he will go round 2 latest.

Duke got caught from behind here alot and in the nfl he will more and people think hes jesus on here

And duke was not a first round pick. Duke had elite numbers in college. Peppers does not. Peppers is a smaller but more athletic version of telvin smith from FSU. Great athletic college football talent. It does not project to a single position in the pros which is why he will likely not be a top 5 pick. And idk what people are talking about he wasn't given a chance to play one position. You must've not seen him play his freshman year. Wasn't good enough at cb so was moved to safety. Got a lot of freshman of the week awards but that was more of a collective effort of his all around play especially on special teams

It goes by potential and if the athlete translates to the next level....size speed physicality...... By ur logic ur choosing yearby over cook cause of hs numbers. Its like saying henry or a bama back is legit when everyone knew zeke elliots size speed vision cuttback ability was a higher rated player. Stats mean **** to be honest.....im sure there r sfla wrs with better numbers than juedy but hes the best wr hands down.

I learned a long time ago stats means ****
I dont even think amari cooper had huge numbers but some of us (like me) knew he was elite justby watcjing the 7 on 7 drills. U saw him get off the line fast n no one could cover him.

Peppers translates well to the next level he has the size speed play.aking ability coachable not a me dude. Maybe hes a bust but hes a real good cfb player and saying corn is better no way this kid does more.

He hasn't done **** in the nfl or even been drafted (duh).. Who cares what he does in the nfl or where he gets drafted, were talking about him now as a COLLEGE player and he's overrated af.. Heisman and this kid in the same sentence? GTFOH.. Very good player but no where an elite player..

Naw, man.. Stats matter, not always, same with talent.. There's been plenty of super talented players in h.s. and college that never amounted to squat at a higher level

My thing is whos been a better defender on a winning team? *** boy tebow got hiesman because of his team they win. I think hes a first rounder imo.....my problem is dude said corn elder...i love elder hes our best defensive player right now but cmon thats homer talk

I didn't say anything about corn elder. That was OP. But you could make an argument that elder is a better cb prospect than peppers. Also stats matter when it comes to be a top 5 pick and they matter even more when you're talking heisman candidate especially on defense. Comments like that show me you know nothing about college football

This. Dude seriously is a hater.

He's basing his argument off of bs, lies and opinion

I'm basing an argument on facts that you chose to ignore. And nobody said he sucks so I don't no where either of you two are getting that. You guys are basing it off of, well ESPN told me he is a heisman canidate, therefore it is so. I laugh at comparing this guy to Woodson. Woodson was an athlete corner. Peppers isn't elite at anything. Even slower than I thought he was. Got caught from behind a few times

Duke got caught from behind here alot and in the nfl he will more and people think hes jesus on here

And duke was not a first round pick. Duke had elite numbers in college. Peppers does not. Peppers is a smaller but more athletic version of telvin smith from FSU. Great athletic college football talent. It does not project to a single position in the pros which is why he will likely not be a top 5 pick. And idk what people are talking about he wasn't given a chance to play one position. You must've not seen him play his freshman year. Wasn't good enough at cb so was moved to safety. Got a lot of freshman of the week awards but that was more of a collective effort of his all around play especially on special teams

Uh huh

2017 NFL Mock Draft: Jabrill Peppers to Jaguars - Page 4

2017 NFL Mock Draft - NFL - DraftSite.com

2017 NFL mock draft: updated 3-round projections | The Draft Wire

Yes and kaaya will be going second overall. You kids don't know how the draft works so I'll summarize it for you. Every year mock drafts make predictions far ahead of the draft. And every year come draft time, those mock drafts get flipped completely upside down once scouts and gms get a chance to evaluate everything. The whole body of work. Also based on team needs. Peppers like clowney before him also fall into that overhyped before even taking a college or pro snap category that expects projected to be elected so even when they don't end up producing up to that billing the experts won't say they were wrong about a guy and sadly his 5 star billing will actually help him get drafted higher even though lower rates guys have been more successful

Advertisement
Advertisement
Peppers' strength is his versatility. It plays well in the college game where you can get away with a 210 lb linebacker. I wouldn't say he's an overrated college player but I don't see him having the same effect in the NFL. He's not a corner and he's way too small to play linebacker in the pros (even in nickel) so you'd be basically drafting him as a safety/return man. I'm sorry, but I'm not spending a top 10 pick on a safety unless he's making Ed Reed/ Sean Taylor plays and Peppers is not. Great college player who will probably be a very good but not great pro safety.

I haven't had the opportunity to watch Peppers much so I went back and watched his mid-season highlights, and if he is a Heisman candidate, it is a down year! His highlights weren't anything too spectacular.

He looks like a talented athlete but i agree with what the poster above said.

Just because he can play running back or whatever position doesn't mean he's good or elite at it. Didn't see nothing special from him when they gave him the ball on offense. I guarantee you and you probably know this but if we had put corn at running back, receiver, kick return, punt return he would house sh*t on the regular imo and put up better overall numbers. He already makes way more plays than peppers does now on defense by far.

Comparing Corn to Peppers is insanity, flat out nuts. And I love corn

Production jumps out and from the looks of it he doesn't do much. Certainly not enough to be even mentioned in the hiesmace race. A similar comparison strictly on defense to peppers would be Derwin James from fsu and of course I'm talking about defense only but peppers pales in comparison to the production of Derwin James who had 91 tackles 5.5 sacks and multiple fumbles and impose his will on defense more often then not.

You take him off that D and it's not elite , he allows them to do a lot with other guys.

He's 6'1 207, plays Lb half the game and db the other half. Completely locks down your best wr when it's game time . Then gets you bonus yards on offense and in the return game. Oh and he's their best blitzer.

He literally played 10 positions against Mich St. Then the cherry on top is he's an elite ,physical athlete , runs in the 4.3 -4.4 range .

I'd be shocked if he's not gone in top 3-5 picks.

He'll never get you int's' , because he's inside wr's unis, no qb is foolish enough to try him.

There's nothing the cat can't do.

Whoever drafts him will instantly get better when he steps in your secondary.

We will see man, I have yet to see him make that type of impact other than a few special team plays.

Would you say this if he was a Miami Hurricane and helping us in the way he is helping Meechigan?

No offense to brock (well kind of). But he was also saying that Golden was a really good coach, even in year 4. So forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical of his evaluation as it concerns Peppers.

Advertisement
No offense to brock (well kind of). But he was also saying that Golden was a really good coach, even in year 4. So forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical of his evaluation as it concerns Peppers.

Brock is the last person I'd listen to when talking about sports.

Advertisement

It goes by potential and if the athlete translates to the next level....size speed physicality...... By ur logic ur choosing yearby over cook cause of hs numbers. Its like saying henry or a bama back is legit when everyone knew zeke elliots size speed vision cuttback ability was a higher rated player. Stats mean **** to be honest.....im sure there r sfla wrs with better numbers than juedy but hes the best wr hands down.

I dont even think amari cooper had huge numbers but some of us (like me) knew he was elite justby watcjing the 7 on 7 drills. U saw him get off the line fast n no one could cover him.

Peppers translates well to the next level he has the size speed play.aking ability coachable not a me dude. Maybe hes a bust but hes a real good cfb player and saying corn is better no way this kid does more.

He hasn't done **** in the nfl or even been drafted (duh).. Who cares what he does in the nfl or where he gets drafted, were talking about him now as a COLLEGE player and he's overrated af.. Heisman and this kid in the same sentence? GTFOH.. Very good player but no where an elite player..

Naw, man.. Stats matter, not always, same with talent.. There's been plenty of super talented players in h.s. and college that never amounted to squat at a higher level

My thing is whos been a better defender on a winning team? *** boy tebow got hiesman because of his team they win. I think hes a first rounder imo.....my problem is dude said corn elder...i love elder hes our best defensive player right now but cmon thats homer talk

I didn't say anything about corn elder. That was OP. But you could make an argument that elder is a better cb prospect than peppers. Also stats matter when it comes to be a top 5 pick and they matter even more when you're talking heisman candidate especially on defense. Comments like that show me you know nothing about college football

If i know nothing then y i thought four or five losses when everyone was saying we should lose one game only?

I know my team n i know the roster and the what if roster. Dont get ya feelings hurt n start jabbin....im sure u know something about football i think most people do here.

If i know nothing then y i thought four or five losses when everyone was saying we should lose one game only?

I know my team n i know the roster and the what if roster. Dont get ya feelings hurt n start jabbin....im sure u know something about football i think most people do here.

My bad. Don't like to make it personal. Just feel like I'm taking crazy pills when people seem to throw out all logic, history, and facts just to make a points.

Advertisement
Back